Can I trade forex part time?

of course you can. trading depends on the person on how he can manage trading with other things he need to do. just remember that balance both work for you to avoid difficulties when you do forex trading.

Consider this… advantages and disadvantages of part-time trading, versus full-time trading:

So You Think You’re Ready To Be A Full-Time Forex Trader, Huh?

It is? Hmmm, I think that you are mistaken. :slight_smile: Sorry, long term traders keep mentioning that the higher timeframes are the way to trade. Often I let it go, but sometimes it annoys me (in a very mild manner) and I cannot resist myselfto replyto such a remark (such as in this case). :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: I don’ t have the patience to wait weeks for 400pips. :stuck_out_tongue:

My first time fully switching to long-term trading was in July 2015, and watching your trades maturing in this time horizon (+/- 1 year) is like watching an oil tanker doing a u-turn on the sea… Slow? You bet.

One year??? Pfff… So even watching plants grow is more exciting! I understand that a tomato plant grows 4 inches a week, wow the speed! Nerve racking! :wink:

Thank you for being honest and convincing me that long term trading is not my thing… :smiley:

Yes, it is not for everyone …

It depends on you if you’ll do it part time or full time. just make sure that you have enough knowledge so you won’t have any difficulties when ever you start trading.

Hello peeps!

Here is a great interview with a trader

who works a day job and trades part time…

Interesting story, and one to which many of

us can relate:

Whatever his knowledge, there will always be difficulties. They’re just part of the learning process. It’s better to embrace them in order to overcome them.

It depends on the trader if they make it as their main job or just a prat time, just make sure that you can manage everything so you won’t encounter difficulty.

True, but it isn’t a easy job at all.

It depends on the person if he wants to do it prat time. Like me i am a part time trader because i still have other work. but i make sure that before i star trading, i have created effective plans so i won’t have difficulties on trading.

That is often easier said than done. Whatever your plans, whatever you do, the market could always surprise you. That’s what makes trading part-time so hard.

It depends on the person if what he prepare about trading. me i am a part time trader, still have some other things to do, but i makes sure that i manage two task so i won’t encounter difficulties when i star trading,

Any one can trade forex as part time, majority of traders do that. There are many people that do work or job normally like others but they trade forex all along. It is a full time paying profession with limited time given to it.

after 50 posts…

so…

did wie conclude now and wisdom? can someone trade part time or not? yes/no? :smiley:

guess the answare is: for some yes for some no…

Even the pros are split on this…

It depends on your style… If you are a buy and hold investor, there is no point

being in front of your computer ten hours a day ;p

If you are a scalper, then… okay, then you cannot really do it well part-time…

Does that sound about right?

still no yes or no answare:17:

There is no definitive answer to that. It all depends on the person, on how they trade, on what their private life circumstances are, etc.