Reviewing Different Types of Traders

• [U]Stochastic trading[U] —> someone who don’t spend enough time in learning markets :)[/U][/U]

Gambler trader - some one who, gambles i guess.

New trader - Some one who is new . . .

LOL how did this thread get dug up? It’s from 2006 with no responses until today. People must be bored.

• [U]Sweaty Palm Trader[/U] - This individual tends to over risk his account and hold losing positions until the last 4 wins are wiped out. This eventually leads to margin call. He then goes to another system to do the same.
  • The Dependent Trader -

a trader who is reliant on others to provide them systems, tools, ideas, methodologies. These traders usually accept any new idea or system without determining for themselves if it is logical…

They can become irrationally loyal and may lash out if the ideas that are being fed to them are questioned by others. Typically shares similar traits with “sweaty palms” traders such as a lack of discipline. They move from one system or idea to another as the promise of something better sways their small attention spans…

They make ideal targets for fee based signal services, generic fee based trading courses, and of course the forum trading gurus who groom them for the aforementioned services or to simply pump their own ego.

LOL. Markets are not always active. Finding an old thread to post is kinda cool to time pass :24:

Greedy Trader - someone who licks his lips before placing a trade as his mind is only focusing on money to roll in without proper education ,such Trader are quick to condemn market .

1 Like
  • Momentum Trading - Momentum traders look to find stocks that are moving significantly in one direction on high volume and try to jump on board to ride the momentum train to a desired profit.

This is my style, I aim to take profit at short by identifying uptrend and downtrend.

1 Like

[I]Squeeky Bum Time trader[/I] - A trader who is hoping upcoming NFP results go in his favour otherwise hes blown his account (again)

Any more types of traders? Supernatural trader: Someone who looks at stars, constellations, planets and divine signs to take a trade… :slight_smile:

LOL…entertaining thread, and goes way back. Love it!!

Confused trader: A trader who switches tactics every day, then every hour, then every 5 min till he is margin called while making plans for a new tactic!!

Illuminati Traders: 1% of traders who make consistent profits, but may be aligned with secret societies in favor of a new world order… ‘scary’

lolzzzzzz , nice one, I think these a unique place to cool off after watching the chart’s up and down instead of placing a wrong trade (placing No trade is a good tactics than feeding the Sharks with your hard earn bucks )

Drunk Trader== A Trader who after enough buzz , wishes his account double over night and make an entry with the highest lot size his account can carry without proper analysis and a good risk management ,and shout on top his voice YAHUU YAHUUUU -then the market goes against him clearing all his coins
, sharply his eye cleared from the drunkenness , OHHHH on and on he goes blaming the Broker

The frustrated “trader” = this type of trader can evolve from any kind of trader. He is not active anymore, because in the past he developed an ego around his trading, and wanted validation and glory instead of just making some money, so he got burned quite well a couple of times, and in the end he decided he is going to stop trading.

But still goes on forums, acts very confident and tries to prove everybody, that he is the best and smartest trader. Sometimes he writes utter bull****, that is how you know, that the guy is just full of ****. The other thing, that if somebody proves that his method works, or even just hints it, the frustraded trader tries to find every little thing he can find, to bring the others down.

Luckily there are very few of those people on this forum, most of them banned already. But sometimes when I visit some other forum as an outsider, I can see a lot of people like that.

1 Like

The list can go on and on and on:D Time to relax and enjoy some good sense of humor:)
’‘The Emotional Play trader’’= A trader who executes trades based on feelings/emotions.They tend to basically trade on present emotions and anticipatory emotions (what they expect to feel later on).Instead of studying charts and the market,they weary and ask…if I exit the trade too late and lose a lot of money, Wont I feel horrible?,I have a good feeling/omen I am winning all my trades today ,I saw an angel in my dream today hence today’s trade would be a win,etc…

To me:

Scalping - no way you can make money
Intraday - very difficult to trade
Position - the best one, also this s the type of trade banks and institutes trade
Investment - more than 1 months holding position , suit fundamental better.

Do not forget robots!

Most of trading in exchanges is now done by computers…

so they should at least get a mention :slight_smile:

These people that teach trading to new traders, mainly elderlery and charge 50,000 grand a pop, without ever having to trade themselves ( I couldn’t live with myself doing that)

1 Like
  • The retarded trader -

Someone who just can’t seem to figure out what he does wrong when most of his trades are against the trend. And after he finally figures it out, he still does it and even starts calling himself a goddam retard day after day and eventually concludes that he is just too stupid for trading.

very accurate

How did this even resurface lol. A 13 yr old thread that just keeps getting resurrected. Hilarious.

1 Like