Trading Psychology - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodytrader View Post
    If you want to get some advice on the mental side of trading, next week on Thursday I'm hosting a conference call with Brett Steenbarger. If you don't know who Brett Steenbarger is, check out The Psychology of Trading and Enhancing Trader Performance (the links go to my personal review of those books). He's also a very active blogger and has written loads of articles that appear on websites and in magazines all the time.

One of the things I really like about Brett's approach to trading psychology is that he doesn't follow the standard line of emotions are bad and discipline at all costs. He's a former therapist, so he takes what I think is a more practical approach to handling and using your emotions in your trading.

Brett doesn't do these sorts of things all the time, and I know I'm really excited to hear what he as to say and ask him some questions. If you want details, click here.
    WOW! Thanks for letting us in on this. I have read his first book (due for a re-read actually) and i am actually in the process of reading his new book. I personally spend loads of time reading through all his articles. The man truly is a master of his craft. In fact, he makes reference to you, John, in his new book and he seems to have a great deal of respect for you, which speaks wonders of your credibilty here on the forum.

Dr. Steenbarger's work is truly eye opening and is completely removed from everyday trading wisdom that you can get anywhere. What the good Doc offers is unique and would be difficult, if not impossible, to find elsewhere. If i could get him to personally counsel me i would pay thousands for that experience. But since he does not provide services to individual traders i would gladly take the opportunity to be a part of this live conference call.

John, again, thanks a million for bringing these kinds of events to our attention.

Brett is a great guy. I'd come in contact with him through some work I was doing for another website. Knowing his experience training traders, I asked him to take a look at my book. He provided some great feedback and was instrumental in my hooking up with Wiley to get the thing in print. He also wrote the foreword as well, so I definitely have good reason to like him.

You're absolutely right. Brett's approach to trading psychology is so refreshingly different. I was really amazed when I read his first book. When I read Enhancing Trader Performance a couple months ago, I was even more impressed. Literally, I was taking notes from just about the very first page!

Forum Sponsors