* Do you have the financial ability to sustain trading losses and meet margin calls? When trading futures contracts on margin, you risk losing much more money than the initial margin amount. If the market moves against you, you may be required to pay additional funds. The use of margin creates potentially large exposures to loss.
* Can you lose your entire investment and more without a change in your lifestyle?
* Do the trading results sound too good to be true?
* Are the advertised trading results based on actual trading or "hypothetical" trading?
* Has any trader used the system in actual trading? If so, how has the trader fared?
* Will the system promoter provide you with independent verification of the claimed trading results?
* What is the total cost of the system?
* Have you factored into your purchasing decision the impact of commissions and fees that can result from frequent trading?
* What are the additional costs (data feed, etc)?
* Not all system promoters are required to be National Futures Association (NFA) members or registered with the CFTC. A call to the NFA (800-621-3570 or 800-676-4NFA) or the CFTC, or a visit to the NFA's website at http://www.nfa.futures.org/basic, can confirm the status of a particular promoter.
* Have you checked with the NFA whether the system promoter has been disciplined by commodity regulators?