How to get the expert advisor to place & close an order

Hi y’all,

I’m just starting out on currency trading on MetaTrader and I am trying to figure out the expert advisors on MT4, Do they just suggest when to place an order? Can they be set to actually open a trade and exit the trade according to the set inputs without monitoring?

And the sample expert advisors that are shipped with MT4, do they actually work? All I get them to do is smile in the top right corner, and thats about it…out of this world expert advice to say the least… :smiley:

Any help forthcoming with this here issue will be highly appreciated!

Many Thanx,

Avagut:confused:

Expert advisors can “alert” (by bells, whistles, drawings, email, phone etc) you when a possible buy or sell entry occurs, and/or open and close orders as well, according to the conditions it is programmed to find a match for.

The happy face in the top left corner means the EA is attached to the chart and is actively watching for the right conditions to happen before it will do anything…it may take awhile or happen right away depending on the timeframe it’s on.

Yes the EA’s that come with MT4 actually work and I have tried them, but one needs to run them on different pairs and trend/non-trend conditions to find out when they work best.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Thank you Sweet Pip for your quick response, Ok, I now know what I should be looking out for, I am running the expert advisor now on like 4 currency pairs and several time frames, I am hoping I’ll get some trade action from it soon.

Many Thanx,

Avagut. :slight_smile: