GBP/JPY Equity Building Profitable trading strategies

the french fry factory trade explorer is still there, but when MB trading in CA stopped doing forex accounts that account got closed, and yes look at it I blew it up. I cant post the link here as that wouldnt be nice to baby pips. I havent been here (babypips) in a while, dunno if they are doing trrade explorer type things or not or if they are even considering it, but trade explorers work with the incestor password I think, and allows you the account owner to share all the details or limited details, like if you didnt want to share your lot size, you dont have to, but the lot size is not important.

What is important is learning to trade, managing your money and risk effectively, and building your accoint slowly consistantly over time, AND this is most important: no matter what I said before, it is NOT a good idea to use your broker as your stop loss order.

Image test, continuation down :smiley:
TERRIBLE IMAGE!@ HAH this is GU such a bad image cant even see I got the wrong pair

And the thing of it is, with uj around parity prices and charts on gu and gj look the same!

SO, tight range, but continuation down!

and again, images suck here now why?

the link to the real image so you can see

thanks for pointing that out pointless, its pointless, but I am very confused as to why the images went to hell here. the interface is horrible and you cant see the images.

so here we are again, dont miss Gumps post about Japan. I found it to supply a little extra info and insight into what can be expected from JPY in terms of strength, right now its rather weak, and I remain bearish JPY for now. be sure to check out the post as its an an excellent snapshot of where JPY stands price/value wise.

I like the new format here I think, if the image posting issue has been fixed.

all my long GBP/JPY closed at a profit, I expect GBP/JPY to continue on up some, but I remain short GBP/USD fade the top off 1.31 account pictured is shared as a FF explorer username rmrf to see the position trades on this ICMarkets demo. www.forexfactory.com/rmrf#acct.53

Okay, from what I can gather, rram2’s strategy would appear to be: find a pair with very good positive swap and buy into dips at roughly same price intervals, with NO STOP LOSS and the expectation of a reversal eventually. My main question is this, how do you protect your account from a gargantuan draw down if price does not reverse and keeps falling! Currencies have been known to fall 1000s of pips without reversing for a very long time. Thanks

1 Like

very easy, risk management, small lot sizes, wide spaces between orders, take risk off when you can, and if the range is 1000 then you plan for that. and PROPER USE of LEVERAGE

no leverage means doesnt matter how low it goes they cannot sell you out, leverage is not your friend if you are not winning more trades than you are losing

Hey big dogs out there…(geeez, I can’t name all of you, and if I tried, I’d leave out some and would feel bad)
Those who have the experience, years, and intelligence behind you.
I really would like to hear what you think of this strategy. Basically the principle behind it. Man, I find it so very interesting, and it keeps bringing me back to reading it.
It’s not the normal way to trade, which is like finding a way to get in, then get out with a profit. One shot at a time.
This method is quite peculiar. I think it’s like how the banks work the market. Basically placing entry orders all over the place, and waiting for them to take. It is very complicated, and I don’t fully understand it.
But, what is it that really caught my attention is just the fact that it’s thinking outside of the box. Traders seem not to pursue other avenues of attack, well, like this anyway. It seems more like playing the odds, more than anything.
I’m just curious.
What do you guys think?
Maybe someone can boil it all down to it’s core methodology.
Needless to say, it is interesting, isn’t it?

Mike

1 Like

Mike give me a call and i’ll explain it to you :slight_smile: its real simple its the #MarketMaker LP MO DOH
I accumulate contratrend, doesn’t everyone? or are silly kids still trying to chase a trend?

LOL the trend is a LIE!

its real easy! you control your risk with small lot sizes and wide spaces between orders, only “stop Loss”: I use is the one thats closes in PROFIT

come down and get me eh?> :smiley:

whats up Bob? my mom is still in WIS CON SIN :stuck_out_tongue:
im in chicago again!

stop by for a visit! :slight_smile:

it was all for your learning, Im still fine. :slight_smile:

lol I have it! thanks @master_Tang :slight_smile:

this does not occur unless you are overleveraged, have too many orders too close together, fail to consider the true range.
While I like GBP/JPY there are better trades out there now at this point, due to swap, and position of price.

its way past my bed time! see you at UK open :slight_smile:

2 months of live trading, DD over 33% of banked profits