I will make you a free EA based on your trading strategy

As some of you may know, my friend and I are trying to create our own Expert Advisor that will make us rich. However, we are running out of ideas as to what we can incorporate to make it better.

For this reason we are offering to create your EA for free, to gain experience writing EA code and at the same time, seeing what works and what doesn’t.

We are looking for 2 main things: What indicators you use (and what settings), and how you use them.

So for example say you use only Stochastics. So you say that, and that you use Stochastics where %K period = 10, %D period = 5, Slowing = 3, applied to close.

Then tell us how you use it… buy when Stochastics < 50%, sell when > 80% or whatever you do.

If you use multiple indicators, please also be clear using AND or OR criteria (Does only one need to occur to create a buy signal, or must they all happen?)

Also please lay out your sell signals in detail as well as your buy, even if it’s just the exact opposite. You can also mention any other more complex stuff as well. Actually that is probably more of what we’re looking for.

If you have traded using this technique before (but not automated), please also give some kind of idea as to it’s track record.

You can contribute either by posting here, or using the email in my profile. You will receive free copy of the EA we create based on your specs, and if part of your EA is incorporated into our final EA, we will also give you a copy of that as well.

Thanks

Hi Yarcofin,
I would like this one set with an alert, not to trade. Because I will need to cherry pick each one. Because even with this system, there are many boogers. They have to be cherry picked with other factors that would just get too complicated to put in an ea.

Have fun, maybe you guys will find a use for it too.

Simple Retrace EA:

For Longs—
50 ema below 200 ema
price below 50 ema
RSI around 25

For Shorts—
50 ema above 200 ema
price above 50 ema
RSI around 75

hullo there!

maybe this is too simple, well… maybe most people wont need an EA for this. but i think i need it.

can you please make an EA based on James simple IB system?

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/1487-between-40-100-pips-per-day.html

thank you in advance!!

Hey Villain,

If you look through that thread, you will find that someone has already created an EA based on the IB system (I know because I already downloaded it.) I would suggest looking from the last page and going forward, because there were many updates to it, so you want to make sure you get the most recent.

The EA is called “Omega_IB”

Thanks for the info mytwopips. I’ll see what we can do for you, although we are shooting for a fully automated system that will eventually work on all pairs, all time frames… completely “Forex for dummies” :smiley:

That it does, you just need to adjust mm for other frames and pairs. If you can add a candle pattern to confirm the reversal retrace that would be nice too (pinbar or star). Also price has to move in a rapid parabolic movement also to confirm.

I really don’t need the ea. I rather keep my eyes to the screen. That is my style and it helps me learn. So you guys can just keep my ideas for yourself. But if you guys are ever on to something from any help that came from me, some sharing would be nice.

Hey ho!
Ok, I might have a system but I don’t know the MT4 language.
I think we can help one another;)
The system is extremly simple.
SMA13 on 1h charts. When a bar finishes the hour above the avarage you take long, when finishes below you go short.
What do you think?
Thanks and regards,
Apodis!

Is it possible to write an EA that works on two different time frames?
It would use the 4HR to determine which direction to enter, and the 30M to trigger the trade.

We are currently trying to do this but we haven’t made it work yet.

The main reason is that it’s hard to actually define what a “long term trend” is, or how to identify one. You can’t just say “when it goes up X pips in a row”, because as you know, trends don’t move straight up. Although to the human eye it is easy to see an upward trend, we don’t know how to explain to a computer to pick this up, because all it will see is a series of up/down candlesticks, and very rarely will you see a long undisturbed series of candlesticks that close above each other.

For this reason I don’t think you can really say “when 3 candles in a row finish higher than the previous” because as soon as there is one candle that doesn’t finish higher, it will ignore the trend.

If you can think of a way to mathmatically represent a long-term trend that won’t constantly “fake out” the computer, then we’ll all be rich.

Well, here’s what I’ve been looking at. Note: I am not taking credit for this system. It’s not mine, I just think it’s the best I’ve come across.

4HR setup:
Stochastics 5,4,3
Accelerator Oscillator at default
Awesome Oscillator at default

Long set up:
Stoch. are crossed up (value over signal)
AC has green signal candle
AO has positive value (either red or green)
or is negative with green signal

Short is opposite:
Stoch crossed down
AC is red
AO is negative (either red or green)
or positive with red signal

Trigger is at 30M:
Long:
Stoch crossed up, but less than 80
AC gives green signal (positive or negative)

Short:
Stoch crossed down, but greater than 20
AC gives red signal (positive or negative)

It’s similar to Cowabunga in that it uses a longer term chart to set up trades on a shorter term chart, but it seems more profitable from my limited experience. I like this so much because it gets you in early enough, but the multiple time frames avoid the vast majority of fake outs.

EDITED:

errr… i’m so green that i try to put my hands on everything and then come with nothing. but still… can you make the elder ray? i’ve been searching for it but i couldnt find it. i know that it can be plotted using generally available indicators. but one compact indi will be handy i think.
if there is one available for download, can you direct me, please? thank you

Please explain what an “elder ray” is, whether it is an EA or an indicator and exactly how it works. Then I might be able to help.

A quick Google suggests that it is pretty much the same thing as Accelerator Oscillator, Awesome Oscillator, Bears Power, & Bulls Power.

What about an EA based on OzFX’s system? The ones that are already out don’t work and are no longer being updated.

OzFx System

I think it’s one of the simplest systems out there, plus it has HUGE potential.

What do you mean by "OzFX EA don’t work anymore?"Please explain it to me.

Well on the forexfactory forum’s OzFx thread, people made different EAs for this trading system. I haven’t tried them but reading the responses they are not so great…

Yarcofin,

Please look at KAS COMBI Trading system (page 1) and develop the EA based on the Rules.

It is for everyone, thanks.

Caireono.

Hi Caireono,

The system looks pretty good but do you know where I can find the “Bollinger Band Stop indicator”? It’s not in MT4 and I can’t find a download for it anywhere. How does it work, what is the concept behind it? Is it just when you hit the top/bottom of a bollinger band?

I found the “Gann Hi Lo Activator” but still don’t know anything about it yet so I’ll have to look into it some more.

I will either need to create a custom indicator, or better yet just incorporate it into the code of the EA.

Hello Yarcofin,
If you would be able to put together an EA that opens based off a PSAR reversal with options for me to adjust the lot size, s/l, and t/p I would really appericate it. I am not sure if this is possible but If I could run it in 3 different charts that would be ideal.
I am not sure what settings you used before, or if you did a live test or used testing software, but when I manually back test PSAR in the EUR/USD market from Jan 1 2008 - Current on time frames of 1HR, 4HR, and Daily charts it is actually quite profitable if the trade open on the reversal, and closes the existing trade at that time as well…I do notice there are losses, but they are small and the gains are better than average, so it becomes a matter of money management from there.
If you would be kind enough I would really appericate it.
I will open a new demo account and post the results so people can follow it.
The PSAR setting are:
Step = 0.02
Maximum = 0.2

Can you make an EA based off of Zorro?

Follow (Z_o_R_R_o) system by FXiGoR - Forex
Trading

and or

Dynamic break out system

FXiGoR DYNAMIC Breakout system on Daily Average Range - Forex Trading

Here’s one based off an EMA signal.

Hi Yarcofin,

It is in the 3rd post in my forum and it is in the zip file. No, it is not the Bollinger Band, and I found it somewhere and don’t know in detail the concept behind.

Hope u can develop the EA as soon as you find your logic - tq in advance.

Caireono.