This is not a Holy Grail (Simple Method) - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    We will add a little useful tool to our indicators which is, the Gann Hilo Activator set to 3 (default).

We will use it to confirm our entry and exit as well, make them more accurate, and gives us potential to trade swing setup.

I had more stop losses than take profit with this system. Maybe this was just bad luck, or I put stop losses to close (on 10-12 pips). I don't know, I will try more with this but, if I continue to lose I will abandon it. If you have some advice, I would appreciate it.

Default Stop Loss

Hi zextapo:

You probably should take a relook at your choices for placing a stop loss. 10-12 pips isn't normally enough room for the pair to flex and go through it's normal course of gyrations as it wonders up or down the graph/chart. Read up a little more on the subject. Elang as posted some great ideas on where a stop loss should go. He'll often state something to the effect of "place your stop at the pairs most recent high before it started downwards or at its most recent low before it started on its upwards trek."

Quote Originally Posted by zextapo View Post
    I had more stop losses than take profit with this system. Maybe this was just bad luck, or I put stop losses to close (on 10-12 pips). I don't know, I will try more with this but, if I continue to lose I will abandon it. If you have some advice, I would appreciate it.
    Please add the Gann Hilo Activator to the method. Check results again with Hilo, I assume you demo trade first.

Quote Originally Posted by topchess View Post
    Please add the Gann Hilo Activator to the method. Check results again with Hilo, I assume you demo trade first.
    Too bad my softwear doe`s not inclued this indicator by default!

Try VT Trader.
    Gann Hilo is very important now, it eliminates many fakeouts, and confirms your entry/exit with lowest loss - maximum profit possible.

ok,thanks, i will!

Sow it`s bee quite a while since you`re useing your system, how`s it going so far? If it`s okay with you, than you might even tell us your overall pip gain!

I am not trading nowadays, you can say finding another broker. So I am not up with the method, but sure I will complete developing the method when I am ready to trade again.

Quote Originally Posted by topchess View Post
    I use Trending market to refer to strong movement in one direction (uptrending or downtrending) and to know how much market is trending, use your ADX. If the value of ADX line not (DI+, DI-) is lower than 20, this is a non-trending market. If the value is higher than 40, this is a strong trend occuring.

Non-trending market (sideways) also named rangebound. The price tends to move within thin channels for long periods of time without breaking either side.
    So what are the rules when ADX < 20? Do you trade or not?

Forum Sponsors