This is not a Holy Grail (Simple Method) - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ramrocket View Post
    So what are the rules when ADX < 20? Do you trade or not?

I personally do not take trades when ADX is below 20. But that's discretion.
    I am sorry cause I am not updating with signals, cause I am developing this method to put a suitable Gann Hilo Activator

By the way (If that's you in VT Forums, I like the idea of creating an auto trader for SAR and Gann Hilo, It would be nice. I would like to create such thing but with ADX, Moving Average Crossover combined)

Gann Hilo Activator set at 10 is better than default settings, while I believe SAR should be default.

These 2 are good enough If you use higher timeframes to confirm your entry.
    Afterall, I am trying to make the method as simple as possible..

I'm just waiting until I get my VT account validated, and I will request a system to be automated, to make entries and exits clear. based on certain formula for indicators (MA, HILo, SAR, ADX). then I will publish this here

topchess,

I'm in the VT forum. You should be able to get in. I use a TS that involved psar & gann hilo with alert - no auto trading. You can download the TS or have Chris modify it to your specs and import it to your platform. Here is the link:

Gann Hilo Activator Trading System - Visual Trading Systems User Forums

Yes, no auto trading. At least it shows to you when conditions met for entry. I do not want to look too deeply in the chart to get the entry/exit signal. I would get them automated by entry , exit arrows in VT. So I am probably going to need Chris to do this for me.

But, I believe the VT Forums not allowing new signups, cause I never receive validation e-mail, it seems that last 200 registered users are still "validating" which means it is not my mailserver. There is a problem with VT Foum sending registration validation to new members. I do not know how to contact them
    Last edited by topchess; 01-18-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Below is the HiLo activator for Metatrader users.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default YES!!! I found my Holy Grail!!!!

Hey Topchess

Just want to say a big thanks for posting this system. It has been working well for me, been trading on a daily and also a 15min when I had nothing to do. I see that this thead seems to have a little dust on it, but its hidden and forgotton systems like this one that are the most effective. If a system becomes boring and you making money then you are trading correctly. That how it has been for me with this one!!!!

When you said this system was simple , I now realise you meant it

Many Thanks

Richrichie
    Last edited by richrichie; 07-10-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Default Hi-lo

How do we apply the HI-LO to this trading? what would be the setting for the 15M timeframe? Thanks

Hi Fancob604

I have not been using the hilo, only the original method , it looks like hilo replaces the parabolic and it does not lag as much, but then again I am not a pro so please try it on your demo account

Richrichie

Default Good system

Hey all, just wanted you to know that I like this system very much. I belive it can make alot of profit at 15 min chart but you have to monitor it all day. I read book in the meantime and from time to time check what is going on. I hope for the best to continue.

Ambroz K.
    Last edited by VonSmeid; 10-09-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Default 1 more thing about this good system

My strategy is as follows:

When I see (if I buy) price is moving up constantly I will stay with the trend constantly. When I see price is having some problems breaking up I will monotor happing more closely. When I see any kind of a sign for reversal I will sell no matter what. And wait for another arrow etc. to come.

In the scenario when I buy and price is beginnig to fall very quickly since I bought. I will most likely sell very soon also, as I think to myself this isnt a trendig up price I was searching.

The thing is:

Make alot at real trends - lose alot less at false signals = PROFIT!

Thank you.

AK

P. S. I hope you understand, as I am not english native speaker and also a Forex noob.

I am glad some have liked the system.

Gann Hi-Lo is far better than SAR, because it's an entire indicator (they have no technical relation), but it's originally implemented in VT indicators.

I prefer Gann Hi-Lo for stops and re-entry on main trend.

Forum Sponsors