This is not a Holy Grail (Simple Method)

Search for the Holy Grail. There may not be a holy grail but it doesnā€™t mean that you canā€™t look for it. Continue to explore systems, indicators, and anything else you can get your hands on. It will help you in developing as a trader.

I do my best to learn and develop my trading style. I might have found one already, but itā€™s under extreme testing now :slight_smile:

I do not want to add more indicators to the tool, instead If I could cut a few indicators and make it more simple.

We will add a little useful tool to our indicators which is, the Gann Hilo Activator set to 3 (default).

We will use it to confirm our entry and exit as well, make them more accurate, and gives us potential to trade swing setup.

I had more stop losses than take profit with this system.:frowning: Maybe this was just bad luck, or I put stop losses to close (on 10-12 pips). I donā€™t know, I will try more with this but, if I continue to lose I will abandon it. If you have some advice, I would appreciate it.

Hi zextapo:

You probably should take a relook at your choices for placing a stop loss. 10-12 pips isnā€™t normally enough room for the pair to flex and go through itā€™s normal course of gyrations as it wonders up or down the graph/chart. Read up a little more on the subject. Elang as posted some great ideas on where a stop loss should go. Heā€™ll often state something to the effect of ā€œplace your stop at the pairs most recent high before it started downwards or at its most recent low before it started on its upwards trek.ā€

Please add the Gann Hilo Activator to the method. Check results again with Hilo, I assume you demo trade first. :slight_smile:

Too bad my softwear doe`s not inclued this indicator by default!

Try VT Trader.
Gann Hilo is very important now, it eliminates many fakeouts, and confirms your entry/exit with lowest loss - maximum profit possible.

ok,thanks, i will!

Sow its bee quite a while since youre useing your system, hows it going so far? If its okay with you, than you might even tell us your overall pip gain!

I am not trading nowadays, you can say finding another broker. So I am not up with the method, but sure I will complete developing the method when I am ready to trade again.

So what are the rules when ADX < 20? Do you trade or not?

I personally do not take trades when ADX is below 20. But thatā€™s discretion.
I am sorry cause I am not updating with signals, cause I am developing this method to put a suitable Gann Hilo Activator

By the way (If thatā€™s you in VT Forums, I like the idea of creating an auto trader for SAR and Gann Hilo, It would be nice. I would like to create such thing but with ADX, Moving Average Crossover combined)

Gann Hilo Activator set at 10 is better than default settings, while I believe SAR should be default.

These 2 are good enough If you use higher timeframes to confirm your entry.
Afterall, I am trying to make the method as simple as possibleā€¦

Iā€™m just waiting until I get my VT account validated, and I will request a system to be automated, to make entries and exits clear. based on certain formula for indicators (MA, HILo, SAR, ADX). then I will publish this here

topchess,

Iā€™m in the VT forum. You should be able to get in. I use a TS that involved psar & gann hilo with alert - no auto trading. You can download the TS or have Chris modify it to your specs and import it to your platform. Here is the link:

Gann Hilo Activator Trading System - Visual Trading Systems User Forums

Yes, no auto trading. At least it shows to you when conditions met for entry. I do not want to look too deeply in the chart to get the entry/exit signal. I would get them automated by entry , exit arrows in VT. So I am probably going to need Chris to do this for me.

But, I believe the VT Forums not allowing new signups, cause I never receive validation e-mail, it seems that last 200 registered users are still ā€œvalidatingā€ which means it is not my mailserver. There is a problem with VT Foum sending registration validation to new members. I do not know how to contact them :frowning:

Below is the HiLo activator for Metatrader users.

Hi-Lo.zip (821 Bytes)

Hey Topchess

Just want to say a big thanks for posting this system. It has been working well for me, been trading on a daily and also a 15min when I had nothing to do. I see that this thead seems to have a little dust on it, but its hidden and forgotton systems like this one that are the most effective. If a system becomes boring and you making money then you are trading correctly. That how it has been for me with this one!!! :smiley: :smiley:

When you said this system was simple , I now realise you meant it

Many Thanks

Richrichie

How do we apply the HI-LO to this trading? what would be the setting for the 15M timeframe? Thanks

Hi Fancob604

I have not been using the hilo, only the original method , it looks like hilo replaces the parabolic and it does not lag as much, but then again I am not a pro so please try it on your demo account

Richrichie

Hey all, just wanted you to know that I like this system very much. I belive it can make alot of profit at 15 min chart but you have to monitor it all day. I read book in the meantime and from time to time check what is going on. I hope for the best to continue.

Ambroz K.