This is not a Holy Grail (Simple Method)

ok,thanks, i will!

Sow its bee quite a while since youre useing your system, hows it going so far? If its okay with you, than you might even tell us your overall pip gain!

I am not trading nowadays, you can say finding another broker. So I am not up with the method, but sure I will complete developing the method when I am ready to trade again.

So what are the rules when ADX < 20? Do you trade or not?

I personally do not take trades when ADX is below 20. But that’s discretion.
I am sorry cause I am not updating with signals, cause I am developing this method to put a suitable Gann Hilo Activator

By the way (If that’s you in VT Forums, I like the idea of creating an auto trader for SAR and Gann Hilo, It would be nice. I would like to create such thing but with ADX, Moving Average Crossover combined)

Gann Hilo Activator set at 10 is better than default settings, while I believe SAR should be default.

These 2 are good enough If you use higher timeframes to confirm your entry.
Afterall, I am trying to make the method as simple as possible…

I’m just waiting until I get my VT account validated, and I will request a system to be automated, to make entries and exits clear. based on certain formula for indicators (MA, HILo, SAR, ADX). then I will publish this here

topchess,

I’m in the VT forum. You should be able to get in. I use a TS that involved psar & gann hilo with alert - no auto trading. You can download the TS or have Chris modify it to your specs and import it to your platform. Here is the link:

Gann Hilo Activator Trading System - Visual Trading Systems User Forums

Yes, no auto trading. At least it shows to you when conditions met for entry. I do not want to look too deeply in the chart to get the entry/exit signal. I would get them automated by entry , exit arrows in VT. So I am probably going to need Chris to do this for me.

But, I believe the VT Forums not allowing new signups, cause I never receive validation e-mail, it seems that last 200 registered users are still “validating” which means it is not my mailserver. There is a problem with VT Foum sending registration validation to new members. I do not know how to contact them :frowning:

Below is the HiLo activator for Metatrader users.

Hi-Lo.zip (821 Bytes)

Hey Topchess

Just want to say a big thanks for posting this system. It has been working well for me, been trading on a daily and also a 15min when I had nothing to do. I see that this thead seems to have a little dust on it, but its hidden and forgotton systems like this one that are the most effective. If a system becomes boring and you making money then you are trading correctly. That how it has been for me with this one!!! :smiley: :smiley:

When you said this system was simple , I now realise you meant it

Many Thanks

Richrichie

How do we apply the HI-LO to this trading? what would be the setting for the 15M timeframe? Thanks

Hi Fancob604

I have not been using the hilo, only the original method , it looks like hilo replaces the parabolic and it does not lag as much, but then again I am not a pro so please try it on your demo account

Richrichie

Hey all, just wanted you to know that I like this system very much. I belive it can make alot of profit at 15 min chart but you have to monitor it all day. I read book in the meantime and from time to time check what is going on. I hope for the best to continue.

Ambroz K.

My strategy is as follows:

When I see (if I buy) price is moving up constantly I will stay with the trend constantly. When I see price is having some problems breaking up I will monotor happing more closely. When I see any kind of a sign for reversal I will sell no matter what. And wait for another arrow etc. to come.

In the scenario when I buy and price is beginnig to fall very quickly since I bought. I will most likely sell very soon also, as I think to myself this isnt a trendig up price I was searching.

The thing is:

Make alot at real trends - lose alot less at false signals = PROFIT!

Thank you.

AK

P. S. I hope you understand, as I am not english native speaker and also a Forex noob.:slight_smile:

I am glad some have liked the system.

Gann Hi-Lo is far better than SAR, because it’s an entire indicator (they have no technical relation), but it’s originally implemented in VT indicators.

I prefer Gann Hi-Lo for stops and re-entry on main trend. :slight_smile:

Topchess:

Sorry but I have to use Oanda and not VT so the Gann indicator isn’t available to me. I like the easy visual aspect of this strategy but I really took some neg. hits this am. Fortunately I trade micro’s for now.

Question: does the direction of the ADX lines matter after a cross or just that there has been a cross?

Question: is the ADX for extra confirmation as sometimes I see that the red/blue lines are “opposite” of what the PSAR & WMA/SMA are indicating?

Thanks for posting this strategy and I am hoping I can use it for profits - I am switching to 30 min. TF so see if I can get better trades; I follow just 5 majors.

(Did well with the “Trading Extreme” strategy, just not many opportunities.) d.

I know there hasn’t been any posts in here for a while, but just in case any newbies came in here to check this out it is really worth your while. I have made alot of money from this system and never miss out on a good trade while im sleep because the cross alarm system. Don’t overanalyze this system, just stick to the rules.

Hi Topchess,
This looks like an attractive method. Is this applicable also for daily and 4hr charts: I want to trade only about every 4 hours?
What where your results in n� of pip through 2007 till date?
Thanks in advance for comments.

Hi,

I am using the gann hilo indicator and have been looking for one which alerts everytime the gann flips. I am working in mt4.

Please please can u post the one u r using with the alert. Thanks.

Apologies for Grave Digging - I’m unsure of how I stumbled upon this thread - but it is very appealing.
I was just wondering if anyone is still trading with this method and if so, to what success?

Cheers!

Have you got the track record (demo or real) with ths method please ?