Recommendations for platform&sites for micro trader

Hi,

Planning to deposit less than $100 into a micro forex account. so far i only know FXCM which offer a pretty good leverage and allows me to get started with $25.

other recommendations?

FXCM is as good as any - you wont have a problem there. Start there and see how you go - basically it takes time to learn to trade. You should be profitable in demo account first - and that is not wasting your time - cause it is saving money - basically if you cant trade properly in a demo then you wont beable to come close live - even if the demo isnt real etc.

I’ve ben with FXCM fora few years and like them.
I’ve had no problems with them.

However, in November they are raising their margin on a micro unit from $2.50 for 1 unit to $4.00 for 1 unit.

leverage still the same?

Now, 1 unit has a margin requirement of $2.50.
In November, 1 unit has a margin requiremnet of $4.00.
So, the new margin requirements in November will mean that your leverage is 50% less.
That is still PLENTY of leverage.

IBFX will also allow you to start with $10 and do microlots and all but this is just fyi i would’nt recommend them, not under any circumstances would i recommend them.

so with the minimum lot size still at 1k, the new margin is 250:1??

i like the old margin and minimum deposit better, i might sign up with Fxopen now, they have 500:1, and minium deposit at $1? don’t know how that works

anyone tried fx open and their platform?

wouldn’t recommend IBFX or micro forexing lol?