Mad Scalper. - Page 102
Page 102 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1632
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Mad Scalper.

janqie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petefader View Post
    Hey guys! I'm pretty busy these days, no time to scalp much so I'll be doing some set it and forget it trades and posting here..vsa-sr-fibb

happy trading.
    Hey petefader!
    Nice to see you here!
    I'm looking forward for your trades and learn more from you!
    Even a million miles journey starts with one single step

Default Questions

Hello all,

I'm new to trading (3 weeks) and I have had some lucky and unlucky experiences on demo accounts.

I've used Blessing3 EA, Cowabunga Trading System, Gann Box, and now looking into the Mad Scalper Method you guys are presenting.

I tried the scalping method today for the first time, ended up with just about +5 pips overall. I missed some good opportunities because I was sleeping.
    This method works pretty well IMO.

I have a few questions about this method and I hope someone can help me answer them.

1.) which TF works better for you? 5M by pete or 1M by Jan?

2.) how many pairs, at max, should I concentrate on when trading and which are the best for this method? Today, I used this method on EU, GU, U/CAD.

3.) If trading on 1M TF, what is a good TP target? Should I consider trailing stop loss?

4.) Does the MM rule of 2-3% still apply?

5.) How many trades should I make a day, or, should I just set a daily goal? (when goal is reached, i stop trading)

Thanks so much in advance!

--- still a noob
    Last edited by izgonn; 06-17-2010 at 12:02 AM.

BL888 is offline Newbie
    What a great 2 days we have had.. Amazing.

Does anyone happen to know a facilty in MT4 where we can replay days activity allowing you to execute as well?

I am trying to train someone up on this system so they can try replicating my deals.

Thanks

Default Shading

Hi everyone from sunny Wales, U.K.

Can anyone tell me how to create the shading which goes with the candlesticks as I only use the I.G.Index advanced charts; This company is regulated by the F.S.A. of the U.K.

If this is not possible, is there any other way of calculating how much drawback to allow before an entry is achieved.

The files do download but they are files that windows 7 does not recognise.

Thanks.
    Welshy1

BL888 is offline Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by welshy1 View Post
    Hi everyone from sunny Wales, U.K.

Can anyone tell me how to create the shading which goes with the candlesticks as I only use the I.G.Index advanced charts; This company is regulated by the F.S.A. of the U.K.

If this is not possible, is there any other way of calculating how much drawback to allow before an entry is achieved.

The files do download but they are files that windows 7 does not recognise.

Thanks.
    Welshy1

Hi Welshy

I too use IG. I just use MT4 for charting. Download MT4 then apply the downloaded file to MT4. Im using windows 7 and works fine

lyrradnat is offline Newbie
    Hi Janqie,

Hope your trading has continued to be good. I am trying to understand your substrategy 2 but I don't think I have grasp the concept. If I don't misunderstand, your #1 play is that in a long trend, you set your SL point in the direction of the trend as it progresses. SL point is set at the last Lower high or highest low depending on downtrend or uptrend. However, I don't understand 1) how to place entries in your substrategy 2; 2) how to identify the presence of a possible big trend and 3) how to exit at the end of a major trend.

Would you kindly enlighten me again. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by janqie View Post
    Hello guys
    it's me againg as I promised here is Substrategy 2 TF (trend friend)
    I use basic sub to gain main proofits and take it as soon as it goes about 15 pips
    in my direction.
    this sub gives oportunity to catch monsters with #1 play.
    First of all look at the picture

At the start of movement beutifull basic entry can seen everything is alright. But we got BE and
    movement went to the downside for another 3 hours so if we use basic sub only we cant
    trade for 3 hours and have to wait or play #1 with basic setup witch can sacrify lots
    of trades in a long run trying to catch moves like this.
    So what we can do?

1. If price is goin more than 40 pips in one direction we can expect no just
    little pullback but long pullback witch can be seen on 5 min with few candles
    went counter trend direction.
    As in basic Sub first we look 5min tf witch will be traded on 1min
    We must look at Mashki indicator.
    In steady uptrend or down trend we
    can see indicator sticks doing higher highs or lower lows.
    When price is doing pullback Mashki also doing pullback and indicator makes
    lower highs in uptrend and higher lows in downtrend.
    In this case as long as we see mashki doing lower lows after candle close
    we wait. But when we see higher low done after candle close we put the marker on it
    and then switch timeframe to 1 min

2. After switching timeframe to 1min as in basic Sub we plot fibonacci indicator from start of the move till start of the pullback and watch if pullback gona be no more than 50% of trend move. Also pullback must
    stay below 50Ema in downtrends and above 50Ema in uptrends.

3. Again after we get candle witch rejects pullback and switches color to
    original move color we take the entry.
    Stop must be placed 1 pip + spread abouve or below last high or low
    BE must be placed when candle closes with more than 10 pips in profit

dobro is offline Superior Master Contributor and Member

Default Janqie or anybody

Did you ever post a template or indie for your setup because with the original petefader's indies & template I have so many S/R & PP lines that it can be confusing. Sometimes when I see an entry but a horizontal line is 4-5 pips away I wait to see if that line will be crossed. In short I'm getting in too late on entries and thus losing some profitable pips. Many thanks for all your imput. D
    "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." Oscar Levant

NadeemUmar is offline Newbie
    Do we use Heikin-Ashi for this system or just candlesticks?
    Thanks

NadeemUmar is offline Newbie
    Also does anyone know how to get a volume indicator on Oanda?
    Im on a mac so cant use MT4, Any help is appreciated.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Morning Pete (well here anyway!)

Just wanted to give you a nod, I took my first successful trade yesterday on GU using your system. Thanks!

I've been spending a long while learning Forex and am having spent some time on here looking at all the systems and have finally settled on a blend of R Carter's BB/MA's system (still fully understanding though), Tymen's excellent candlestick method and now the final piece in the jigsaw is your method. I think with good MM and a combo of these three methods, there's a real winning formula there.

I would advise any newbie to go for yours first though. Everything you need is in the file, it's a doddle to understand and takes a lot of the guesswork out of trading which is really what a lot of new starters are after. Ok, it may not work forever but on back testing, it seems goof for now.

Look forward to hopefully taking more trades alongside you!
    Hello, someone recommended this mad scalper to me today. i have installed all the indicators and it really looks fantastic in hindsight. However, i am also a fan of candlesticks and would love to know where this candlestick thread is.. " Tymen's excellent candlestick method ". I could not find the thread.
    I'd be happy to post any results here, i think this system may work very nicely for me.

Thank you and Thanks to Pete for sharing your system.

Forum Sponsors
Page 102 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast