Mad Scalper

Time really depends on how the morket is moving. If the trade is going nowhere for lets say 45 mins, that means the EMAS are probably going flat, and yes, I would exit.

Yes, I meant the green volume bars. Should they be a certain length before taking a trade ? And isn’t 1 AM EST to 2AM EST still the Asia session?

Yes, but things usually start to pick up around that time. At least I am there to watch, doesnt mean I am entering anything till i see a good setup, and volume starting to pick up again.

EU, GU starting to move…Let’s see if we get a nice clean setup. :slight_smile:

Morning Pete (well here anyway!)

Just wanted to give you a nod, I took my first successful trade yesterday on GU using your system. Thanks!

I’ve been spending a long while learning Forex and am having spent some time on here looking at all the systems and have finally settled on a blend of R Carter’s BB/MA’s system (still fully understanding though), Tymen’s excellent candlestick method and now the final piece in the jigsaw is your method. I think with good MM and a combo of these three methods, there’s a real winning formula there.

I would advise any newbie to go for yours first though. Everything you need is in the file, it’s a doddle to understand and takes a lot of the guesswork out of trading which is really what a lot of new starters are after. Ok, it may not work forever but on back testing, it seems goof for now.

Look forward to hopefully taking more trades alongside you!

Awesome! I haven’t check out those other systems, but now that you mention it I’ll take a look (you obviously have good taste, lol).

I have settled on this method, along with VSA, and getting good steady results. This template is really good at getting your bearings on where you are while scalping, like you said takes the guess work out.

I noticed your other thread, i’ll have a good read of that today but i’m loath to introduce any more complication to it all - my head may explode!

Missed the early action this morning which is a bit of a bummer, looks like there were good pips to be had on both pairs.

Yeah I have that VSA thread also, but really, dont overload yourself…keep focused.

Honestly I took 2 small losses during Aisa…eventhough I know Aisa may not give a trade, I kinda forced it…I still do that…just way less then I used to, lol. Disclipine!!

BUT, good news is I learned my lesson, and traded only good setups for London and I’m in profit for the day now. :slight_smile:

Good news!

Learning to be patient is a biggy! I’m getting to grips with it now and accepting the fact that if there’s nothing to trade, there’s nothing to trade.

I’ve just missed my second chance of the day on cable, I had a insulation inspector call round! Damn.

Yeah, I caught that GU long. I already took half profit and locked BE…still in …was a perfect confirmation.

It’s just tickling resistance right now…

yep, I closed the second half +20…a scalp is a scalp. :slight_smile:

Certainly is.

I’ve come to the conclusion that all this obsession with how many pips you make is nonesense.

I could make a four day trade for 200 pips with a 1:1 R/R using 2% equity and make the same as a 5 minute scalp worth 10 pips at a 1:1 R/R and 2% equity.

Pips are largely meaningless if your R/R is good and you’re winning more than you’re losing!

Ha…you read my mind, I swear I was just thinking about that. Big pips mean big stops, so its all the same. Infact, I catch a runner now and then, so a 2% 20 pip SL scalp can easily give you 4% or 5%…we are trading with the trend.

Day trading can be more profitable than large swing trading at times. Like if its a slow period, and things are stuck in a 100-150 pip range, we can scalp it in either direction.

Also, lets say we have a nice up trend. Mad Scalper actually gets you in repeatedly on the retraces, so in theory you could make more than 100 pips on a 100 pip trending move…pretty cool.

We’re on the same page here, that’s for sure.

If you can lock in half your position as profit and move your remaining half’s S/L to BE, you could run into some very nice longer term trades and even just leave it there during the retraces if you didn’t want to mess around too much, so long as everything is still suggesting trend continuation. Afterall, you’re assured of profit either way.

I took half +12, with the rest locked at break even…

out +17…this is too easy.

Missed them all due to being in the vet…not the best day i’ve had at this game!!!