Day Trading low time frames, is it a sure way to fail?

Of course I know that there are some out there who have been able to day trade successfully, but for the mist part every successful trader that I come accross trades the 4 hour charts or higher. Do the majority of profitable traders trade long term? Also, please help with any general day trading tips for success. Please only traders who have had success for 2+ years respond (don’t mean to be a jerk, but I would just like the opinions o those traders)

Although I’ve been trading longer, I’ve been trading the 1M and 5M chart for the last year.

If you have a system in place that give you solid entries, and a good stop loss plan, it can be very lucrative.

The intention for me using the 1M, is not so much to scalp, but to get in on a bigger move very early.

Just so you know, I am always looking at the longer time frames as well.

Price action on those charts give me a heads up as to where I might want to exit a trade, or if I even want to enter.

If I get a buy signal, and price has been making new highs on the longer time frame, I’m likely to set it up to run a bit.

But if price has been making new lows, and I get a buy signal, I move my stop loss up as soon as possible to spread +1, just to make sure I don’t get bit on a continued down move.

It’s a babysitting job when you trade the lower time frames, so if you are thinking about it, get ready for a lot of screen time.

I does sharpen your chart reading skills:)

:rolleyes:Hi guys,
I got the same problem and I need ur help seriously 'cos I’ve tried bollinger with completing indicators as a trading system…also stochastic,RSI,CCI,…Now am on MACD,Parabolic SAR & Moving Average and still can’t SEEM TO avoid whipsaws.:mad::confused:
I do check the higher time frames beforehand.but honestly I do get scared when a trade goes the opposite on the 5min chart for long periods.Should I stick with it no matter.
Pls tell me what you think of Sniperforex indicators.thier site is sniperforex.com Can I depend on it.Have u got a cracked version of it.
Am begging my friend for it but He says I’d have to buy it for a million bucks.And more that he makes hundreds of bucks everytrade.Though he lost 17dollars y’day…
PLS SOMEONE HELP ME OUT!!!..I PROMISE TO CONTINUE LEARNING A GOOD TRADING SYSTEM AND STUDYING CHARTS.