Is this possible ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Hey Martin!

Hello Martin,

First I would like to address your title to this thread. Is it possible ! Well of course with these markets anything is possible. That is something one must learn early on. I would like to point out some flaws, like others have.

Your draw down is 34%. I think this is way too much. No matter how good your system is, if you have a 34% draw down that can decimate you!

Also, your lot size seems to be variable. I would of liked to see a lot size per capital or some sort of fixed amount.

However, on the plus side, you did not have more then 4 consecutive losses. Very good!

Another plus is look at your capital curve. It has it dips, but that is what is to be expected, but in general it is a positive shooting up equity curve.

Another plus is that you trade both sides pretty evenly. You nearly have just as many long trades as you have short.

Plus, you have 86% accuracy.

All in all martin you have a lot of positive things going for you. If you work on money management and cut back on that draw down then I see much success in your future. I am sure it will be hard to mimic such results in a live account, but I am not saying it isn't possible. I am just saying it will prove to be quite difficult to produce such results with live trading due to a possibility of more emotional and psychological strain.

Keep up the good work and I wish you success.

Hello friends,
    Txs for comments about my results, very useful actually.
    In this forum i sow many systems and advice but no posts of resuls. I will be happy to see this here with followed it comments for wining or loosing trades, in order exchance ideas !

As we all know in this bissnes, we are competing only the market.

Brgds,
    Martin

Talking Martins Trade

That Shut Them Up, In The End One Needs To Find, What Works Well For One And Then Test Test Test.

Trading Demo is important when start learning FX but its very dangerous, because its 90% succ. in FX is psy not technical (When trade real acc. u tend to use HOPE indicator). When u trade with 1 std or 10std lots your mind dont think straight anymore ( especially with big SL). Thats why the last 2 years I trade full time for living with 1 partner and it works out very well since I dont have to deal with psy anymore. So dont just assume trade Demo and real acc. will give u the same result . Good luck to all and Happy new year.

Quote Originally Posted by julien View Post
    Trading Demo is important when start learning FX but its very dangerous, because its 90% succ. in FX is psy not technical (When trade real acc. u tend to use HOPE indicator). When u trade with 1 std or 10std lots your mind dont think straight anymore ( especially with big SL). Thats why the last 2 years I trade full time for living with 1 partner and it works out very well since I dont have to deal with psy anymore. So dont just assume trade Demo and real acc. will give u the same result . Good luck to all and Happy new year.
    definitely pychology is a major factor in trading forex i personally believe your better off with the right mindset then a perfect or great system. either way both a very valuable

btw my hope indicator is saying to sell every currency pair haha JK

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Hello friends,
    Txs for comments about my results, very useful actually.
    In this forum i sow many systems and advice but no posts of resuls. I will be happy to see this here with followed it comments for wining or loosing trades, in order exchance ideas !

As we all know in this bissnes, we are competing only the market.

Brgds,
    Martin
    Martin:

What others say or think should not matter to you. If you feel confident, then by all means, open a real account with $1,500 and go for it. Whether or not I agree with your money management, risk management, or anything else you have done or will do is really none of your business and I will not impose my opinion upon you. You have positive results and that is what you should focus your attention on.

Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by parsush View Post
    hello martin.

I'm sorry to say that, but 1750%+ in 6 months is just unreal.

these aren't just "good" or "extermely impressive" results. after 3 years (starting with 1500$) of that income you should have around 43 Billion dollars. several months later you're ahead of Bill gates. that's not me speculating - that's the statistics telling the facts.

I simply find it too difficult to beleive.
    I also don't think you're about to show us your holy grail, because if it is real, you'd obviously keep it to yourself and dominate the world with it. buy china, buy the US, buy the entire world.

anyway I'd be glad if you proved me wrong.
    sorry for the flames, by the way, but you should expect reactions such as this when claiming to have found it (the grail).

we're all freinds

Regards.
    LOL

Nice post. Turning him into Bill Gates would require institutional sized investing operations. Real life would never let anyone trade position sizes large enough to leverage up to that on a retail account.

It's either posts like this, or posts from others rubbing their hands together in glee, and anticipation for the details on the system.

Shocking? No. Human nature? Yes.

I find it sad, but amusing when someone succeeds where others fail, it turns into a clamoring free for all.

Martin, were I you, I would most likely not share the details of my system. I would be happy, keep it to myself, and move on. No need to open yourself up to unfair criticism, or introducing unneeded doubt.

As for swapping over from demo to live, there are a few differences, but it seems like you're a smart fellow. You'll figure them out.

My advise? Keep the lot sizes small until you get a handle on it.

I burned through 10k on my live account in no time flat before I stepped back and got a handle on it.

Best wishes for you!

Edit: this is an almost three year old thread. I should have looked at the date before I posted anything. My apologies.
    Last edited by Master Tang; 01-02-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tang View Post
    LOL

Nice post. Turning him into Bill Gates would require institutional sized investing operations. Real life would never let anyone trade position sizes large enough to leverage up to that on a retail account.

It's either posts like this, or posts from others rubbing their hands together in glee, and anticipation for the details on the system.

Shocking? No. Human nature? Yes.

I find it sad, but amusing when someone succeeds where others fail, it turns into a clamoring free for all.

Martin, were I you, I would most likely not share the details of my system. I would be happy, keep it to myself, and move on. No need to open yourself up to unfair criticism, or introducing unneeded doubt.

As for swapping over from demo to live, there are a few differences, but it seems like you're a smart fellow. You'll figure them out.

My advise? Keep the lot sizes small until you get a handle on it.

I burned through 10k on my live account in no time flat before I stepped back and got a handle on it.

Best wishes for you!

Edit: this is an almost three year old thread. I should have looked at the date before I posted anything. My apologies.
    give it about 30 more minutes and itll be a 3yr old thread, wish i would have saw that before i posted

Demo and real are really partly different from each other. When you are on Demo, you can take lots of risk and you can make money! In real you are full of risk and sometimes you can invest wrong positions and you can lose all your money!

I think try some real money and see result a bit.

Just imagine trading with 10lots or using a big SL, we will no longer think like Demo. The best solution is to find yourself a partner. We discuss 1h before London session : Market overview = Trade set up = Trigger defined = Trade managed. Only my partner have the power to make final decision to enter trade. That way I trade with virtually 0% psy.

Forum Sponsors