Is this possible!

Hello All Traders,

My name is Martin and I am trying to trade forex from 3 years only on demo.
And till this moment finished many demo accounts. Since I found in this sight a trading system simulate to mine I took a courage to post my demo result for 6 mounts and will be happy for some comments.

Best Regards,
Martin

Sorry,
here is the attachment !

Brgds,
Martin

Martin,

First of all let me start with some praise…you did an amazing job with the demo…it’s almost mind boggling how you turned that 1500.00 account into something huge. Congrats!

Now for the constructive critique: First and foremost, i noticed that you did not trade with stop losses (I am assuming the S/L column is for stops). It is very easy to do that in a demo when no emotion or danger is attached to trading, but in the live account, you are playing a very risky game. Did you have planned exit points for your losses. I noticed that your losing trades were kept in control, so maybe you used mental stops?

I would also like to mention that the kind of return you have achieved is rarely achieved without taking on massive risks. Some losing trades are quite high relative to others but overall seems to be under control.

Aside from this, i applaud your efforts. Honestly though, i look at those results with a little skepticism. It is almost nothing short of a HOLY GRAIL and it is the kind of performance that when system vendors advertise we run. It is also the kind of return that many people achieve while demo trading but then get slaughtered in live trading. What is this method? Could you specifically state your rules? On the surface your trading is stellar but if you want true critique or comments then the system must be clearly understood.

Of course, if it is an actual Holy Grail and you want to retain the secret, we would understand :slight_smile:

Hi Martin,
Thanks for posting your results… which are amazing to say the least!

I noticed your losses on each losing trade were relatively small with very small drawdown, which is great. And you had an excellent win/loss ratio.

And your method was very consistent over the whole time period (5+ months) which is very good.

Did you develop a specific system that you follow, or are you using an automated trading software, EA, or what?

I agree with pipbull when he says “On the surface your trading is stellar but if you want true critique or comments then the system must be clearly understood.”

I am eagerly standing by to hear all the details possible about your system and your rules you follow to get these results. Please be very specific. We will all be on the edge of our seats with anticipation, I’m sure.

Standing by,
PD

Hello Martin

I’d just check your demo trade results and they are impresive from 1,500 bucks to 27,500 for six moths BUT i track your capital to point 4337,51 bucks and next 4 trades you lost 1343,90 bucks wich is nearly 30,9 % of your acount.

Last one of those 4 trades you lost 708 bucks while you have 3701 bucks wich is 19,1 % in a single trade !

This scared me.

I highly recomend you to consider your money manigement.Babypips offer verry good lesson about it.
Just like Pipbull above me sad : demo trading is one thing real money is another one.
Those numbers looks verry impresive but TO risky.

Best regards

Vladimir.

bravo, congradulations on your six months of succesful demoing. thanks so much for sharing your results with us. i have to agree with what pipbull and the others have to say though. but im a bit more optomistic about the future of your system. now with a successful demo its time to play with real money!!!. be very careful though. pipbull is right. there are so many “Holy Gail” systems that look good on paper. they do great with backtesting, market simulations, with demoing but when real money and real market conditions start to play up, its a starts to become a whole new game. but im sure you will work out the kinks and you are definately on your way to riches!!! keep up the great work. please keep us posted. i love to hear success stories. even demo successes.anything…

Hello Martin,

Those are extremely impressive results.

A lot of people could make their dreams in life come true with trading stats like that.

Would you like to share your trading system with us ?

Regards,
E. Lang

hello martin.

I’m sorry to say that, but 1750%+ in 6 months is just unreal.

these aren’t just “good” or “extermely impressive” results. after 3 years (starting with 1500$) of that income you should have around 43 [U]Billion[/U] dollars. several months later you’re ahead of Bill gates. that’s not me speculating - that’s the statistics telling the facts.

I simply find it too difficult to beleive.
I also don’t think you’re about to show us your holy grail, because if it is real, you’d obviously keep it to yourself and dominate the world with it. buy china, buy the US, buy the entire world.

anyway I’d be glad if you proved me wrong.
sorry for the flames, by the way, but you should expect reactions such as this when claiming to have found it (the grail).

we’re all freinds :slight_smile:

Regards.

Hello parsush

My toughts are verry similar to your one, but i’m not so edged at my reaction.
Ok let we say this is a truth.
For me this kind of money manegement is = gambling. in case that you get 7 to 10 loss in a roll you are out of game.So you can be profitable for years and make a milion and loss it in 1 day.
I wounder if Martin apply good money managment and don’t put at risk more than 1-2 % of his capital what would it be ? May be those numbers will fall from a sky to a ground but still if his analysis are proper his system can worth.
Metion what he say i trade for 3 years on demo and never for real.This explane to me - no stop loss thing and so much risk.

Best reguards

Vladimir.

Hello friends,

Just trying to arrange all bricks in the wall (to write down my system ) when I realized that parts of it I�ve seen here in the systems posted in this forum and I am considering them very good for technical analysis.
The difference: Technical or fundamental, I believe the truth is b/n, in this case exact system can�t be defined (regarding fundamental part of it ).
The idea: ( I�m using) is to trade hearsay combined with technical analysis.
Hearsay: we can�t influence forex market and being part of it we should go with.
System: For all that wait to write a system here, as follows:
I use for technical analysis:
Time frame mostly used 4H , 1H (1D as not to lose the whole picture )
Indicators:
Accelerator Oscillator
7, 14, 21 - EMA (I am on the right side)
ADX(14) ( trend )
RSI(14)
MACD(12,26,9)
Stoch(5,3,3)
as you see well known indicators and very good described in this forum/sight .

Fundamental : Every morning I start reading analysis from 5 different brokers , 3 forums + economic calendar looking + online news to find idea of where the market is moving or where the �big guys� is telling us it will move trying to be in the middle of the drove trying to see the next step and to follow it accordingly.
Sorry that it�s not vary detailed, but hope you all understand the idea.

For these who are asking why I don�t or rarely use stop losses, because when i was trading this demo account I had enough time to trade sitting in front of my computer I had a mobile version also on my pda and I don�t need to defining SL and when market is moving against me using hedging positions (sometimes completely opposite ) . An idea similar (not the same) to this I read here (http://www.babypips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359) , using fibo + technical to define exit points for hedging positions(taking profit) and again hedging if needed.

Brgds,
Martin

Hello Martin,

First I would like to address your title to this thread. Is it possible ! Well of course with these markets anything is possible. That is something one must learn early on. I would like to point out some flaws, like others have.

Your draw down is 34%. I think this is way too much. No matter how good your system is, if you have a 34% draw down that can decimate you!

Also, your lot size seems to be variable. I would of liked to see a lot size per capital or some sort of fixed amount.

However, on the plus side, you did not have more then 4 consecutive losses. Very good!

Another plus is look at your capital curve. It has it dips, but that is what is to be expected, but in general it is a positive shooting up equity curve.

Another plus is that you trade both sides pretty evenly. You nearly have just as many long trades as you have short.

Plus, you have 86% accuracy.

All in all martin you have a lot of positive things going for you. If you work on money management and cut back on that draw down then I see much success in your future. I am sure it will be hard to mimic such results in a live account, but I am not saying it isn’t possible. I am just saying it will prove to be quite difficult to produce such results with live trading due to a possibility of more emotional and psychological strain.

Keep up the good work and I wish you success.

Hello friends,
Txs for comments about my results, very useful actually.
In this forum i sow many systems and advice but no posts of resuls. I will be happy to see this here with followed it comments for wining or loosing trades, in order exchance ideas !

As we all know in this bissnes, we are competing only the market.

Brgds,
Martin

That Shut Them Up, In The End One Needs To Find, What Works Well For One And Then Test Test Test.:smiley:

Trading Demo is important when start learning FX but its very dangerous, because its 90% succ. in FX is psy not technical (When trade real acc. u tend to use HOPE indicator). When u trade with 1 std or 10std lots your mind dont think straight anymore ( especially with big SL). Thats why the last 2 years I trade full time for living with 1 partner and it works out very well since I dont have to deal with psy anymore. So dont just assume trade Demo and real acc. will give u the same result . Good luck to all and Happy new year.

definitely pychology is a major factor in trading forex i personally believe your better off with the right mindset then a perfect or great system. either way both a very valuable

btw my hope indicator is saying to sell every currency pair :stuck_out_tongue: haha JK

Martin:

What others say or think should not matter to you. If you feel confident, then by all means, open a real account with $1,500 and go for it. Whether or not I agree with your money management, risk management, or anything else you have done or will do is really none of your business and I will not impose my opinion upon you. You have positive results and that is what you should focus your attention on.

Best of luck to you.

LOL

Nice post. Turning him into Bill Gates would require institutional sized investing operations. Real life would never let anyone trade position sizes large enough to leverage up to that on a retail account.

It’s either posts like this, or posts from others rubbing their hands together in glee, and anticipation for the details on the system.

Shocking? No. Human nature? Yes.

I find it sad, but amusing when someone succeeds where others fail, it turns into a clamoring free for all.

Martin, were I you, I would most likely not share the details of my system. I would be happy, keep it to myself, and move on. No need to open yourself up to unfair criticism, or introducing unneeded doubt.

As for swapping over from demo to live, there are a few differences, but it seems like you’re a smart fellow. You’ll figure them out.

My advise? Keep the lot sizes small until you get a handle on it.

I burned through 10k on my live account in no time flat before I stepped back and got a handle on it.

Best wishes for you!

Edit: this is an almost three year old thread. I should have looked at the date before I posted anything. My apologies.

give it about 30 more minutes and itll be a 3yr old thread, wish i would have saw that before i posted:D

Demo and real are really partly different from each other. When you are on Demo, you can take lots of risk and you can make money! In real you are full of risk and sometimes you can invest wrong positions and you can lose all your money!

I think try some real money and see result a bit.

Just imagine trading with 10lots or using a big SL, we will no longer think like Demo. The best solution is to find yourself a partner. We discuss 1h before London session : Market overview = Trade set up = Trigger defined = Trade managed. Only my partner have the power to make final decision to enter trade. That way I trade with virtually 0% psy.