Is this possible !
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is this possible !

Hello All Traders,

My name is Martin and I am trying to trade forex from 3 years only on demo.
    And till this moment finished many demo accounts. Since I found in this sight a trading system simulate to mine I took a courage to post my demo result for 6 mounts and will be happy for some comments.

Best Regards,
    Martin

Sorry,
    here is the attachment !

Brgds,
    Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Martin,

First of all let me start with some praise...you did an amazing job with the demo...it's almost mind boggling how you turned that 1500.00 account into something huge. Congrats!

Now for the constructive critique: First and foremost, i noticed that you did not trade with stop losses (I am assuming the S/L column is for stops). It is very easy to do that in a demo when no emotion or danger is attached to trading, but in the live account, you are playing a very risky game. Did you have planned exit points for your losses. I noticed that your losing trades were kept in control, so maybe you used mental stops?

I would also like to mention that the kind of return you have achieved is rarely achieved without taking on massive risks. Some losing trades are quite high relative to others but overall seems to be under control.

Aside from this, i applaud your efforts. Honestly though, i look at those results with a little skepticism. It is almost nothing short of a HOLY GRAIL and it is the kind of performance that when system vendors advertise we run. It is also the kind of return that many people achieve while demo trading but then get slaughtered in live trading. What is this method? Could you specifically state your rules? On the surface your trading is stellar but if you want true critique or comments then the system must be clearly understood.

Of course, if it is an actual Holy Grail and you want to retain the secret, we would understand

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Hello All Traders,

And till this moment finished many demo accounts. Since I found in this sight a trading system simulate to mine I took a courage to post my demo result for 6 mounts and will be happy for some comments.

Best Regards,
    Martin
    Hi Martin,
    Thanks for posting your results... which are amazing to say the least!

I noticed your losses on each losing trade were relatively small with very small drawdown, which is great. And you had an excellent win/loss ratio.

And your method was very consistent over the whole time period (5+ months) which is very good.

Did you develop a specific system that you follow, or are you using an automated trading software, EA, or what?

I agree with pipbull when he says "On the surface your trading is stellar but if you want true critique or comments then the system must be clearly understood."

I am eagerly standing by to hear all the details possible about your system and your rules you follow to get these results. Please be very specific. We will all be on the edge of our seats with anticipation, I'm sure.

Standing by,
    PD

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Hello All Traders,

Best Regards,
    Martin
    Hello Martin

I'd just check your demo trade results and they are impresive from 1,500 bucks to 27,500 for six moths BUT i track your capital to point 4337,51 bucks and next 4 trades you lost 1343,90 bucks wich is nearly 30,9 % of your acount.

Last one of those 4 trades you lost 708 bucks while you have 3701 bucks wich is 19,1 % in a single trade !

This scared me.

I highly recomend you to consider your money manigement.Babypips offer verry good lesson about it.
    Just like Pipbull above me sad : demo trading is one thing real money is another one.
    Those numbers looks verry impresive but TO risky.

Best regards

Vladimir.

bravo, congradulations on your six months of succesful demoing. thanks so much for sharing your results with us. i have to agree with what pipbull and the others have to say though. but im a bit more optomistic about the future of your system. now with a successful demo its time to play with real money!!!. be very careful though. pipbull is right. there are so many "Holy Gail" systems that look good on paper. they do great with backtesting, market simulations, with demoing but when real money and real market conditions start to play up, its a starts to become a whole new game. but im sure you will work out the kinks and you are definately on your way to riches!!! keep up the great work. please keep us posted. i love to hear success stories. even demo successes.anything...

elang is offline Superior Master Contributor and Member
    Hello Martin,

Those are extremely impressive results.

A lot of people could make their dreams in life come true with trading stats like that.

Would you like to share your trading system with us ?

Regards,
    E. Lang

hello martin.

I'm sorry to say that, but 1750%+ in 6 months is just unreal.

these aren't just "good" or "extermely impressive" results. after 3 years (starting with 1500$) of that income you should have around 43 Billion dollars. several months later you're ahead of Bill gates. that's not me speculating - that's the statistics telling the facts.

I simply find it too difficult to beleive.
    I also don't think you're about to show us your holy grail, because if it is real, you'd obviously keep it to yourself and dominate the world with it. buy china, buy the US, buy the entire world.

anyway I'd be glad if you proved me wrong.
    sorry for the flames, by the way, but you should expect reactions such as this when claiming to have found it (the grail).

we're all freinds

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by parsush View Post
    hello martin.

I'm sorry to say that, but 1750%+ in 6 months is just unreal.

these aren't just "good" or "extermely impressive" results. after 3 years (starting with 1500$) of that income you should have around 43 Billion dollars. several months later you're ahead of Bill gates. that's not me speculating - that's the statistics telling the facts.

I simply find it too difficult to beleive.
    I also don't think you're about to show us your holy grail, because if it is real, you'd obviously keep it to yourself and dominate the world with it. buy china, buy the US, buy the entire world.

anyway I'd be glad if you proved me wrong.
    sorry for the flames, by the way, but you should expect reactions such as this when claiming to have found it (the grail).

we're all freinds

Regards.
    Hello parsush

My toughts are verry similar to your one, but i'm not so edged at my reaction.
    Ok let we say this is a truth.
    For me this kind of money manegement is = gambling. in case that you get 7 to 10 loss in a roll you are out of game.So you can be profitable for years and make a milion and loss it in 1 day.
    I wounder if Martin apply good money managment and don't put at risk more than 1-2 % of his capital what would it be ? May be those numbers will fall from a sky to a ground but still if his analysis are proper his system can worth.
    Metion what he say i trade for 3 years on demo and never for real.This explane to me - no stop loss thing and so much risk.

Best reguards

Vladimir.

Hello friends,

Just trying to arrange all bricks in the wall (to write down my system ) when I realized that parts of it Iíve seen here in the systems posted in this forum and I am considering them very good for technical analysis.
    The difference: Technical or fundamental, I believe the truth is b/n, in this case exact system canít be defined (regarding fundamental part of it ).
    The idea: ( Iím using) is to trade hearsay combined with technical analysis.
    Hearsay: we canít influence forex market and being part of it we should go with.
    System: For all that wait to write a system here, as follows:
    I use for technical analysis:
    Time frame mostly used 4H , 1H (1D as not to lose the whole picture )
    Indicators:
    Accelerator Oscillator
    7, 14, 21 - EMA (I am on the right side)
    ADX(14) ( trend )
    RSI(14)
    MACD(12,26,9)
    Stoch(5,3,3)
    as you see well known indicators and very good described in this forum/sight .

Fundamental : Every morning I start reading analysis from 5 different brokers , 3 forums + economic calendar looking + online news to find idea of where the market is moving or where the ďbig guysĒ is telling us it will move trying to be in the middle of the drove trying to see the next step and to follow it accordingly.
    Sorry that itís not vary detailed, but hope you all understand the idea.

For these who are asking why I donít or rarely use stop losses, because when i was trading this demo account I had enough time to trade sitting in front of my computer I had a mobile version also on my pda and I donít need to defining SL and when market is moving against me using hedging positions (sometimes completely opposite ) . An idea similar (not the same) to this I read here (http://www.babypips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359) , using fibo + technical to define exit points for hedging positions(taking profit) and again hedging if needed.

Brgds,
    Martin

Forum Sponsors