SIMPLE Asian Breakout Strategy 100% gain in the last 20 days (4:1 risk reward)

@ LhDT - I’m interested to know how your EA testing of the strategy went

Cheers

Hi,

I have few questions on the setup.

Consider i am making a trade after break out…the trade didn’t come to TP and SL either. What is should i do…Should i close? when?

Aariff

I think No one is using this strategy.

I mailed even the thread starter…no reply from him as well…

Many has back tested and posted positive and negative results…

Please go through all the post and decide yourself to trade.

I am leaving the strategy out now.

Aariff

Hi there,

I have setup a MyFxbook account for the EA results.

Maybe somebody can check if the “times” are ok ? (just draw line from the opening price).

Cheers,
lhDT

PS : Damn, can’t post links !

Let’s try again :
myfxbook . com / portfolio / asian-breakout2 / 374164

Remove spaces !

Thanks lhDT - I’ll keep an eye on it :slight_smile:

As usual, this link leads to a myfxbook that isn’t publicly viewable (not bad though: most of these link don’t even work).

Cheers

I’m a bit reluctant to ask if there’s a way to view all the attachments to this (or any other) babypips thread - I mean, there has to be an option like that, right? On forex factory one just has to click a ‘paper clip icon’, intuitively placed, next to the ‘page numbers’, on other forums one might have to go to the ‘threads index page’ (a bit clumsy), but usually there’s a way to see a list of all the attachments.

If there is such option here, it sure isn’t in view…

Cheers

Quote from ‘time and date’ website:

"The United Kingdom does not observe Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) during daylight saving time in the summer months. Instead the country observes British Summer Time (BST), which is one hour ahead of GMT and UTC. The United Kingdom moves its clocks forward by one hour on the last Sunday of March and back again on the last Sunday of October.

The only European country which stays on GMT all year round is Iceland."

Hope this helps!

Trading with a 4:1 loss/profit ratio is a short cut for blowing your account in no time. Were you serious when you asked this question? lol

Cheers

When systems get deleted, it’s most likely because they blew up. Humans aren’t normally as shy if they’re successful.

How true is this

I’m doing a backtest of this strategy with an adjustment to the RR ratio. It seems to me that 1:4 is a little lofty and will lead to too many losing trades when price fails to reach 40/70 pips. I’m adjusting to TP levels of 10 for the first trade and 20 for the second. This creates a 1:1 RR, which may not be ideal for some traders, but will obviously return a much higher win % and will be consistently profitable if win rate is >50% which looks like it should be.

At any rate, I think this is a good, simple approach – provided you don’t run into too many false breakouts.

I click the link and it forwards me to 741.com. I think this was changed to a scam link. Anyone else have this happen to them? It’s on page one.

The theory behind this strategy is solid, I trade a similar strategy very profitably for the last 5 years based on different times of the market and different tp/sl strategy.

Whilst a cant really share the strtegy as its partly based on rules and partly based on experience of reading the market and price action, I will offer to advice points to developing a startegy like this of your own.

There is a reason why strategy’s like this will blow up over time, and its because people assume a fixed value tp/sl in pips for every trade will work, but the market volatility, liquidity, and value is constantly changing, so we have to figure out a way to try and be consistent with the market and adapt, and to consistently make profits. for this startegy we dont need the market to move by X amoutn of pips… we just need it to move in its intended direction.

1. base your tp/sl levels on a a ratio to the range value betweent he high and low of the session your are trading. so for eg, if the range your trading is 20 pips, i might want use a 1:0.5 ratio, so 20pip tp and 10 pip sl.

2. the problem with using range and measured moves is that sometimes for months the market might only be moving a small amount of pips on your only trading fixed lots of 0.1, your going to be making less profits. get your head out of considering how far the market moved in pips… the only thing you should be concerned about is the market moving in the direction you want it to.

so to this end we look at our lot value and risk. I calculate my risk based on sl level. so assuming balance 10,000 and 2% risk, if my SL is at 20 pips i will trade whatever lot value that means if my SL is hit i will only lose 2%/$200

1. play around with he time to trade. we most often see the greatest volatility in the open of London session, so you might want to consider this.

2. consider using trend filter for deciding which trades to take and not to take

3. let the market move and trail your stops by recent swing lows. (not to tightly) (but never extend you SL)

that’s all, and hope these tips help if forming a strategy like this of your own.

Sorry for the messy spelling and grammar

[Hi I see it has been six years ,but would Marvindoriat still be about???

He last logged in over 5 years ago, according to his profile.

I am backtesting this strategy and it does not work on USDJPY.

Great job…if you have a good breakout…I ll be in and code it!

What would be the best chart time to use for this strategy, I currently use a session breakout strategy but I use 15mins for my entry and do from top to bottom to see the trend