Forex Trading System of the Month: December

With every end comes a new beginning. As we start a new month, I shall open submissions for December’s contest. Earthlings, starting today, you may start sharing your own trading systems to the world.

After three weeks, I shall compile all your submissions and start a poll again. The winner will be crowned December’s Forex Trading System of the Month. If it it can be mehanized, I will backtest it. It will also be given a badge on the front page of BabyPips.com like all the past winners too!

If you have a system that you wish to share with us and the world, just place the link below. Remember, the system should be located in the “Free Forex Trading Systems” forum of BabyPips.com!

Not sure how to link but the system is “Trading the MACD” by winstonereed. It is in the free system forum section. Thanks.

Thank you for your contribution, human! I shall add Trading the MACD to December’s event.

Here’s my new mech system: Jolly Ranger Trading System

I did a little bit of reading for the past couple of days to help me figure out which set of indicators work well for range plays and there were some interesting studies that showed oscillators such as RSI and stochastic work better in ranging markets. So all I needed was an indicator that would signal if the market is ranging or not, and I remembered the ADX does this. Lastly, I picked a pair that usually ranges and from observation, it looks like USD/CAD would make a nice fit.

Took me a while to come up with this set of indicators and to tweak the parameters so I’ll be needing some more time to do backtests. I hope I win the contest though so Robopip can test it out for me!

Added both

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/41993-slap-system.html
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42015-jolly-ranger-trading-system-littlebopip.html

to the list

As far as I’m aware - opening up the indicator’s properties in MT4, I can’t see a check box for it. But I’m not sure what else the histogram would be showing?!?

The Canadian dollar fell today against the US dollar and the Japanese yen, but advanced versus the euro, as the European debt crisis continues to eat away confidence of Forex market participants and makes them to seek refuge.

GBP/USD is ranging between 1.5499/1.5525 in Asia, last quoted near opening prices in the 1.5510 area following Monday’s consolidation around the 1.5500 level.