Forex Price Action

Yes, bless you man!

And as always just because this is not A+ does not mean it will not work out! I am not saying it will not work, i am saying over time they lose more than they win.

True, you have proved this in the past. And thanks for reminding us again ( lesson: average setups lose more than they win over time

Okay for me:

• Way to small compared to previous candles. Very small and indecisive,
  • Not formed at a swing high but rather a low. Trading from a low will mean you are trading into support and we must trade away from these levels.

Make sense?

@Way to small compared to previous candles: you’ve told me that before (!), wonder why i keep forgetting it => big & obvious it should be, right?

@Not formed at a swing high: makes sense. I think i’m understanding better why we look for pullbacks => because they create swing highs (in this context)

Thanks bro.

Hey that’s kool I was just asking out of interest, thats all.

Do you have your own thread for people to follow your type of trading? and how you go about things?

Regards,

Johnathon

morning all,

could we consider this as a good setup?

eurusd 4H

is this a good support?

no, it wasn’t…

Hi dnagolf,
Not seeing any setup. My EUR/USD charts look like this:

Daily:

H4:

The setup referred to was the tiny pin before the big down bar. Very small not at a swing low and not at the recent support.

Would have been much better if it formed at a low and not a high, if it stuck out and was obvious and was at support.

See my chart for support level:

Johnathon

Nice BIG PA on AUSSIES! I missed it as I was at work :31:

1 Like

Oh, Johno the pin prior to the huge BEEB DID NOT interest me.

Guess I must be learning. lol

Yes the BEEB was rather large and obvious! Nice post and yes your are getting there. Next after you have learned exactly what makes A+ comes the hard bit and managing trades to maximise profit whilst protecting capital.

Johnathon

I used to struggle in that regard with MM, never quiet sure exactly where to get out, how much to get out, when to move to
BE ect.

After reading your course on MM, id be the only one to blame if I dont stick to those rules. I can honestly say its brilliant!

Hello Johnathon,

I still don’t quiet understand the difference between engulfing bars, inside bars, and 2 bars reversal.

i do understand with the engulfing bars, but not with inside bars n 2 bars reversal, coz they are like pretty much the same with engulfing bars.

Could you give me a little bit explanation with examples?

Don’t be to rush to answer my question, I know my questions sounds like silly and very basic, maybe i’m the only one who ask this in this thread hahha… an maybe it’s a little bit to late after so much pages in this thread…

Sorry and thanks before Johnathon :slight_smile:

Robert.

Hello,

please go over and watch and read all the free videos and articles here: [B]Price Action videos[/B]. These have examples of live trades.

After that you can go through the first 5 - 10 pages of this thread that has trade examples as well.

If after you have gone away and looked at these things and still don’t understand please just let me know and I will help you out with some charts etc

Safe trading,

Johnathon

I figure I will make a small post to add some help. Please let me know if you still do not understand.

The Pin bar, Engulfing bar and two bar reversals are all reversal signals. They can both be played from against the trend or with the trend. They need to be played from swing point. Trading from pullback within the obvious trend is by far the way to go!

You understand the engulfing bar so I won’t post about this.

The Two Bar reversal:

Okay so this was a setup i discussed live in this thread. It was a 2 bar reversal at support on the USDCHF daily chart. Okay with the engulfing bar the bar must fully engulf the previous bar. With 2 bar’s this is not the case. The best 2 bars are the bars that close above or below the previous bar. In other words for this example the 2nd bar closes above the first. If it was a bearish 2 bar we would look for the second bar to close below the first bar. Make sense?

PIN BAR:

There is heaps of info on this on videos I gave link to above

INSIDE BAR:
until you have learnt how to play the above signals with and against the trend and from good levels give the inside bar a miss. This will eat you alive until you have worked out the above.

Regards,

Johnathon

2 Likes

I get it now, Thank You so much Johnathon. :slight_smile: U are such a great teacher… from now on I’ll learn Price Action and keep my chart clean. :). and I’m interest to register your Price Action course… :slight_smile:

Robert.

Keep those charts clean and learn, learn, learn!!

Safe trading,

Johnathon

PS: If you have any other questions just ask.

I saw this pin bar and from expierence took the buy, but my only question is MACD has crossed and is heading down as well as CMF is showing alot of selling pressure / Weak Market. So will the power of the Pin Bar move forward? From my trading these in the Past to get a clean Pin bar on a weekly chart was a surefire move of a least 50%. I will keep you guys updated on this t rade, I am still in it and the weeks is young!

Thanks

USDCAD H4:

-> Big & obvious pinbar at a swing high.
-> Don’t like the traffic on the way down though…but the pinbar’s so nice and big!

1 Like

i agree with you, too traffic, down…

and what you think about this 4h audjpy pin bar,
50% fibonacci, and with the trend

Hi Dnagolf,

As per my newbie knowldge the above is not a pin bar. The pin bar rules are given below:

A Pin Bar must have:

• Open and close within previous bar
  • Candle wick minimum 3 times the length of the candle body
  • Long nose protruding from all other bars (must stick out from all other candles)

And on charts the pinbar doesnt close in the previous bar.

Again thats my newbie knowldge, I will wait for experts to answer…:slight_smile:

Thanks
Hemant

Hello,

this setup was discussed at length in the previous pages. Please see page 60.

We don’t use MACD or anything else bar price as this thread is all about trading using price and no indicators.

Good luck,

Johnathon

Okay so thought I would post 2 pin bars. one has already been posted but I will post again.

USDCAD 4HR chart:

Lovely big and obvious pin at resistance. We would look for price to drop to the bottom of recent traffic which has done now. From here anything could happen.

EURNZD 4HR CHART

If this pin breaks lower trouble comes in at the recent bar highs. The chances of price going to this level should the pin break would look high. From there price going either way would not suprise so traders who take this keep that level in mind!

Regards,

Johnathon