Forex Price Action

Hey dngolf

Have a look and try tell me whats the problem with this trade.:22:

Seems like we giving questions to questions simultaneously Johno, sorry didnt see you were online.

this could be the scenario,
R:R 1.1 @ 1st TG and 2.1 @ 2nd TG

I am only ever online when my email beeps at me because someone has posted in here…

i’ve noticed it…
i know, i’ve to study a “little” more!!

Sorry to go off the topic but, have you seen this thread is fast approaching 1000 posts and 45 000 views!

OMG!

Hi Guys!

I’ve been following this thread for a month now and find it invaluable! I am really fond of Price Action as a trading style and have been trying trading according to what’s been presented in this thread. I believe this is a key to success in trading Forex and I would like to join you in posting charts, asking questions and commenting on the trade ideas to learn more. Many thanks to you for keep this thread running - especially Johnathon!

Safe trading,

Pawel

Hi Guys.
What do you think about this chart?
This is a weeakly chart of audcad.
The price reacts to the suport zone with a nice green candle last week, i think in next weeks the price can test the 1.05 resistence zone

Nice 2BR pattern on Eur/Usd 8hour chart at big round number and previous support. Within the range Eur/Usd has been making lower highs so I’m abit cautious of this long position. Have already taken partial profit and moved stops to breakeven.

hi everyone and thank you johnathon for this wonderful thread!

i was wondering since i live in the new york time zone is it best to wait until 5pm when the daily candles close to make trading decisions as far as entries go? does it help that i am in a time zone that makes me available at 5pm ny close or is there no difference?

also about getting the 5 day candles with new york close in mt4 mentioned earlier (i’m only on page 23 now in case there has been an update on this). is this an expert advisor or mt4 script or a separate program? since i am in the same time zone as new york do i even need this?

EURAUD might be a nice long of the daily chart in an hour. What do you all think?

I’m long EURAUD and GBPJPY.

Hi All

When you say you are long, I assume you have stop order in so when the signal bar is broken you will entered into the trade??

Both the eur/aud and the heavily correlated aud/chf have tradeable engulfing bars.

Ambo

yes. I have a pending order at 1.2708.

Yeah, this is getting exciting. This is the only thread where I am alerted on updates through email :slight_smile:

Just to recap for those that were looking at that trade on the 4hr EURAUD. What Spongy and myself were trying to highlight was that when trading either engulfing bars or pin bars we must look for swing points.

Both pins and engulfing bars are both reversal signals so we must be looking to pick price to reverse. We do not pick price to continue. Basically when looking to go short we need price to have been going up to a swing point and then produce one of these signals so we can then pick price to change direction. I hope this is making sense!!

So here is chart of that EURAUD 4HR bearish engulfing bar that was highlighted. Now notice there is a valid trade to short on here and it is a pin bar. Notice how this is from a swing high and price had been going up and we then pick price to change directions. The BEEB then chosen by a few in here was from a swing low which is incorrect as we would need price to continue and not change or “reverse”. Please tell me if this does not make sense…

I am still holding part of the AUDJPY 4HR trade and also entered other daily trades which I will recap tomorrow as they play out and will cover in hindsight in here for you.

Safe trading all and if anyone has any questions at all please just ask and I will get to them as soon as I can,

Johnathon

Potential pin bar in the making in AUDNZD H4.

Check the 1hr chart if you want a pin bar.

Yeah, the pin bar in 1hr chart was perfect. Waiting to see whether the 4hr chart can match it that.

Why wait when you get something like that? Now I am def not giving trading advice I am simply asking a question. If that is as you say perfect why wait?