Forex Price Action

Hello yes I can help you. The trade or Pin you are talking about is technically NOT a Pin Bar as it did not close with in the previous candle. This is one of the first rules to pins which defines whether they are pins or not. Sure you can be like most price action traders and trade all price candles that “look” like pins and you can be like most traders and loose, or you can be like the few disciplined traders and only trade the bets setups and the “real” Pin Bars. For more info read this article: Pin Bar Reversal Will take you two secs and explain it a little better.

Okay so what I did was take the trade on the 1hr chart that we were talking about yesterday. Price did go lower and ran into trouble and I was taken out at BE. See charts for explanation:

AUDNZD 4HR NOT A PIN

AUDNZD 1HR PIN STOPPED BE

Johnathon

Hi Johnathon
Thanks for the quick reply! Will look out and bear this in mind in future trades :slight_smile:

Anyone spots a good trade setup to enter? I tried just now with no luck… At least not to my untrained eyes

i got today 50 pips on H4 EU PB…

try look at that if that setup still valid and can generate some profit…1 hour 15 minutes till 4H GJ new candle, lets see if it make 2BR pattern…

Worked out brilliantly :slight_smile:

I took the same trade yesterday. The only difference is that I didn’t manage it so aggressively and got stopped out with a loss.

Hi Johnathon,

You’re right, price did reach the next logical intra-day support, then turned around. Trade management was my problem.
Thanks for pointing it out.

BR,
Dudest

Hi All,

Just wanted to check your opinion on EURAUD Daily chart. Do you think the pair can still recover ? I entered on the break of the bullish engulfing. I guess it’s against the trend and maybe a bit too small.

Cheers,

Very much so, thank you

Its not over yet! : )

I went long on this as well and felt quite good about it. Be interested to see others thoughts about it…

As long as it didn’t yet hit the SL yet it is still a valid trade (as long as you have smart SL placement). It also has stalled for the last few hours which means there is a “good” chance it’s getting ready to reverse. If it does decide to go back up I’ll be looking to take another long (as long as there is valid PA) with hopefully a much smaller SL off the 4H.

That’s my take. I’m not a pro by a long shot haha and could be completely mistaken. Besides that there is always going to be losers (I’m still working on incorporating this fact into my stubborn mind). I hate to lose in anything and unfortunately that translates over into this sort of thing as well. Every time I lose a trade I can’t stop thinking about it for days and it makes me pretty ill tempered which is really not acceptable. Unless of course I lost because of greed, error, revenge trading, etc… then I have reason to be ticked at myself.

Hey guys

I personally only trade the 4H TF, having said that I demo traded these two pairs from the daily setup. I am now looking for big PA in direction of daily on the 4H TF, so to answer your question yes I hope it turns.

Cheers

Hey teb5108

I used to be like that too, every loss I almost wanted to quit trading. Once you confident in your system, you then have an edge. As long as you stick to your rules no matter what your edge is going to make you a winner at the end. Take Johno for example, If you look back before I joined him in here, I was posting nearly all posible PA trades, since joining Iv made 7 trades. Its not many in nearly 2 months, but iv only lost 1 trade.

My mind set has completely changed and thats because im confident in my system (well Johnos system) haha.

Some food for thought.

Cheers

If I could like this post 100 time I would!!!

Awesome!!!

This is what I am talking about!!!

Just great!

It’s all about waiting and picking your trades and then pouncing and cleaning up!

Great job and keep up the great work!

Johnathon

Hey guys I’m just curious how all of your AUDJPY trades panned out from last week? Mine missed the TP by 5 pips and came back to break even. Right now I have my eye on some of the JPY pairs (specifically GBPJPY) for another short. CAD and AUD are looking promising too.

GBPJPY 4H

Pass on all. AUDJPY looks alright, but doesn’t really stand out.

I was also hoping for another long on EA, but it looks like it still cant make up its mind on where to go. We’ll see in another 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours or, well, you get the picture…

I’m sitting on my hands as well. By the way it’s quite an achievement for me as not so long ago I would be entering trades just for the sake of it.

My novice end-of-day thoughts:

GBPUSD 4 hour inside bar

NZDJPY Daily pin bar

is that head and shoulders?

Would it matter if it is?