Forex Price Action

Dear bhops,
As Johno mentioned before that you must stick on a certain TF and not jump from one to another. Now I am a bit confused when you told me to look at daily and jump to H4. Could you please explain a bit to me?

thanks for your help

EJ

Thanks a lot Paddy n bhops.
Lesson learned!!! MUST NOT ENTERED THE TRADE IF THE PRICE DID NOT BREAK LOW OF THE PIN BAR.

I entered the trade soon after the PB, it means the open of the next candle.

EJ

Of course. I trade the D1 and the H4. I mark my important horizontal lines on the [B][I]Daily[/I][/B]. As price approaches these zones I may then hop down to the H4 to look for a trade. I keep the line from the D1 in place because those S&R zones on the Daily tend to carry more weight as more traders are watching these levels.

If price approaches this zone and I see a nice PB on the H4 I will then enter the trade confident that price has just rejected an important zone. [I]Now all my stops, profit targets and move to BE targets are worked out off the H4 charts [/I] as this is the time frame my trade in being played on. In essence I just used the important horizontal S&R zone to help me ‘spot’ a strong area of the charts from which to get into the trade.

2 Likes

Does it mean you don’t put S&R line from H4, always from Daily? Do you also look at H1?

EJ

hiiiiiiiiii
i m a newbie here and i have no idea about these…

Correct I mark my line’s on the Daily and play my trades on the D1 and H4. I know some who also play the H1, but I personally don’t.

Hi Anthea121

I hope you have been through babypips school, then start at page one. If you seriously want to learn you have to put it the time.

Cheers

I hope this is not off subject of this thread but I would like to hear your opinion, recently I ran into, kind of, an argument with another member that also has also his own forex training school about price action on any time frame, he just can’t understand as to why many of us claim that the higher the time frame the more reliable the signal is, now I never became profitable with lower TF like 1H and lower but I became quite profitable when I changed to higher time frames. Johnathon prefers the higher time frames like me and most likely he feels the same way I feel about reliability of higher time frames but this guy claims that this idea of higher time frames are better for pa is just pure gospel here at bp. So I would like to know what has been your experience trading the higher time frames here, have you noticed a difference trading Higher TF with price action, I certainly did!

Indecision candle and not a clear bear rejection.

This has a lower wick which shows bulls also come into this one.

We need to see obvious clear entry signals.

I agree with the level looks for for price to make move back lower into obvious support, just don’t want people to start trading indecisions candles and getting burnt. Whilst This looks like it may work out trading indecisions candles is just that; trading something that is not decisive. Would rather wait for an obvious and decisive signal from the same great area.

Johnathon

Ok firstly guys/gals please do not call me master. I am a trader just like you all. Johnathon or J is fine, or whatever you like to be honest, but no sir or master etc We are all traders in here.

Okay ss has been said you should not have ever been in the trade because this pin was not confirmed by breaking the low. This is a main rule that is covered at length in the first 50 pages of this thread.

Please read these first pages and you will save yourself a lot of time and money.

Johnathon

1 Like

Please can you read the first 50 pages of this thread. This will save you a lot of time and money and answer these sorts of questions for you.

This will then keep the thread on track, and not going over questions that have been covered previously.

You will also find the more you bring to the table the more people will be willing to help. People will help you no end if they can see you are making an effort to help yourself.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Heya,

okay so I had to clear this one up.

Marking levels on the daily chart and using these same levels to trade on the 4hr or 1hr is very different from taking a trade on the daily and then managing on the lower 4hr chart.

Marking key levels on the daily and trading from these same levels on the 4hr chart is a good thing to do. This will ensure you are trading from good quality areas on the 4hr chart.

We do not however enter a trade and then go down the charts to manage the trade. For example If I entered a daily setup I will manage it on the day chart. If I enter a trade on the 4hr from a level that I marked using the daily chart I will still manage on the 4hr as that is the chart I entered on.

So basically; when managing trades including stops, targets etc always use the chart you took the trade on. When marking levels, mark them on the day chart and use the same levels to enter intraday charts.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

1 Like

Yes master trader sir :stuck_out_tongue:

Can this recent EUR USD bearish engulfing on H4 be considered as a valid retrace entry signal?

Anyone see signals for entry this evening? Becouse I didnt... :? Before 2 days I opened my first real account but first trade wasnt good, I lost 80$ from 500… (maybe I shoudn`t entry sunday to monday) now I wait some good signal to make up the ballance… Any ideas for this evening, or soon? Im waiting EUR/USD for pullback an PA signal, but this will be I think thursday or friday

Me neither. Juncker messed it up.

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

But, if we get close with that strong bearish candle, I’ll think twice before going long again.

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

what u guys think of PB at 1.0525 on 12H AUDUSD.though the pin does’n stand out from the rest of bars ,but by definition it perfectly fits. and 1.0525 was an area of s/r in the past.

If you are already making excuses for the trade I think you know the answer.

Thinking this way is the reason accounts get blown.

Looking for trades to make lost money back will not end well.

You need to let that go, and then let the market come to you. If you go to it and start making up setups you are going to lose more.

Johnathon