Forex Price Action

That’s cool, I’ll see you on the other side in a few days.

Guys this thread is going too fast and if I want to make it to FSO I need to make some money first :smiley:

Can anyone care to give me a second opinion on post522628 page 1108 ?

and also what is a 2bar reversal ?

thanks

So we have two confirming signals 12 hr two bar reversal and daily pinbar.:60:

IMO thats more an indecision bar on daily and not a PIN because of the lower wick. So a nice strong up move to resistance and now traders not sure where its going or some profit taking before weekend. The previous bar stands out more than the indecision bar together with the other factors makes it a big NO trade for me.

Just my opinion :slight_smile:

Well EternalNewB. I’ve lost thousands in a single trade before. That’s like 10 times the FSO fee :wink: Really, I’d rather spend those money educating myself.

And my newbie opinion on your charts…

EUR/JPY - That’s a tiny tiny tiny little candle. It’s not a pin bar, but even if it is, [I]size[/I] does matter. Choose one that is large and obvious.

GBP/JPY doesn’t have any signals that I can see. If you’re looking at the last candle, again it’s very tiny.

EUR/CAD actually looks good.

HI
I’ve a question .we spotted a trade on gbp/jpy . I remember mr johnson said (not very sure) that he doesn’t trade monday morning till the European market opens .
correct me if I’m wrong ,so we shouldn’t place the pending orders during the asian session and we should wait until Europe market opens and then we place the orders.
is that correct ?

Thanks

Thank you for your answer I however don’t have a thousands let alone to trade with in forex, all I had was 300 usd that I could afford to lose.

of course I could have bought my FSO membership but then I wouldn’t have had any capital to trade with so I opened a forex account with the money and planning to slowly grow it to get my FSO membership

You know trading is not a one size fits all, you need to call the shots as you see it. There are times that the Asian market opens with strong news and it starts strong for a while, however most times that market is slow. So if you feel strongly about the pair in question, i don’t see why not place a pending order on the Asian market. I for one don’t like to use pending order, but if i am not going to be around the computer, i will then use them. Everything has it’s use at one point or other.

Panupat, could you tell me why you think EUR/CAD looks good, please?

In my opinion EUR/CAD’s pin bar is to small/tiny/ Aka the candle itself, the wick is somewhat decent length

I would not consider it as a good PA signal.

Great Job!! Although i cant say i agree with all the setup you took but yes! most of them! i hope i can join you guys soon! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Jack :slight_smile:

This is the beauty about trading, it’s like looking at a picture, everyone sees something in it that stands out to them. That is why threads like these are so important, because it brings allot of different talents to the table and it becomes a win win situation for all. Great job on your trading chisha, it’s nice when things come together.[ QUOTE=jackson905;522742]Great Job!! Although i cant say i agree with all the setup you took but yes! most of them! i hope i can join you guys soon! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Jack :)[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said :slight_smile:

Its not with trend, its certainly not in a range. Therefore, its not an A+ signal.

Hey abc,

I like your analysis, and thanks for coming back to me on that.

There’s one key point you missed though, one that cuts across all setups.

The setup must close in the last 1/3rd of the candle in the desired direction. That is, it must show resoluteness / strength.

In this case we have BULLISH pinbar. The original H8 candle has open and close near the MIDDLE of the candle >> does not inspire confidence that price wants to go long. Compare with the (MOD), and note the difference.

He said that he doesnt trade monday [B]intraday/B trades. However if you found a [B]DAILY[/B] signal on friday, you certainly can put pending order if the spread is not huge :slight_smile:

Gd job with the Mod, ill probably trade that haha

Yeah im not trading just observing. I think the pound has more strength to come.

Well, when you put in the pending order no matter what day it is, if the spread is not huge, when that order gets executed we really don’t know what the spread is going to be at that time. What happens is , it might get executed at braking news or at slow time in the market, in other words the only way to secure a reasonable spread is when you pull the trigger.

[QUOTE=“abc2005;522738”]HI
I’ve a question .we spotted a trade on gbp/jpy . I remember mr johnson said (not very sure) that he doesn’t trade monday morning till the European market opens .
correct me if I’m wrong ,so we shouldn’t place the pending orders during the asian session and we should wait until Europe market opens and then we place the orders.
is that correct ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I don’t remember him saying that. I believe he has said that he doesn’t trade the 2-3 hour gap between when the broker lets you place orders and the Asian market opens. By the time the Asian session opens, volume has picked up enough to tighten the spreads.

Hallo Tony,

Just to clarify:

We don’t trade intra-day setups formed in last 8 hours of Friday --> (could have been formed due to profit-taking, etc, hence not reliable)

A Daily setup on the other hand has been formed across ALL sessions during the day (Friday) and thus is still a valid and reliable signal

When it comes to setting pending orders for the Daily setup on Monday: there is VERY LOW liquidity in the first hour of the week after market opens. This causes the spreads to widen, and can trigger a FALSE ENTRY. So best to wait for the market to settle ( 1-2 hours ) before setting pending orders on Monday morning.

Cheers