Forex Price Action

“these aren’t the trades i’m looking for”. moved along sigh.

well i’m in this and my only t/p is the FSA so we will see but i made some errors in my trading yesterday by not allowing the daily bar to close and entered the trade prematurely.

my bad.

Darth

Man you should post more, I mean much more :slight_smile:

This is great to read and learn from

Hey EB,

I still don’t have EURCHF in my watchlist ( due to SNB heavy tampering )[ though some have managed to make good use of that, see Zorro Trader project, Z5 script if automatons pique your interest ]

For your sake [ :slight_smile: ] I’ve checked it out. Nice pin, formed at a mid-range level. Could work out well, esp if the prior climb was just a retrace for the previous down-swing.

Are you taking it?

Cheers

Great insight bro :54:

Okay, there is one Star Wars quote that really fits this situation. You know which one, don’t you…? :16:

[B]“NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…”[/B]

You’ve learned enough to self-correct Darth :), that’s what counts!

@Silver: it may very well work out ( who knows? may explode up never to come back again! )
So just carry on with your original plan, that way you won’t have beaten yourself

Cheers!

Much obliged dudest thanks

Yes I am in it although I did a mistake of selling at market price instead of putting up a pending order so I am in before confirmation however, since it was at midrange, I sized 1/2 my normal risk so I am ok with the loss

I also noticed it is a pretty nice fakey setup at 12H time frame

Let’s see how it goes

Aaah, ok.

But you’re still brave (as a person ) :slight_smile:

Did you remove your pending orders? Have seen price has dropped away to the underneath support zone.

Cheers

Nice trading and management!

Cheers!

Unfortunately my AUDJPY and NZDJPY got stopped out this morning and it really stings as I prematurely entered before daily candle closed.

I am really pissed at my self but you live and learn and better to learn these mistakes with smaller lots than when i have a bigger account and bigger lots.

Hey chisha!

Another mid-range setup.

Only worse is that CADJPY D1 has several levels that price could turn ( e.g see 94.00 not far below the BEEB )

Would rather only take a trade from the top & bottom of the current range.

Yeah, always better to wait for candle to close

On to the next setup!

:slight_smile:

Super key level there! Also the bottom of the range.

Would have liked to see a bigger, more convincing pin though.

All the best if you’re in!

Cheers

Hey Kas!, long time no speak :slight_smile:

I think the level was great! ( low of range + BRN ). I would have liked a bigger pin though ( stick out more )

'Tis going up nicely though, and GBPCAD’s another high volatility pair.
All the best!

Cheers

Hey Frosty!

Great trading on the EURCAD! You stuck to your plan and took available profit [ and smartly, may I say, what with the buffer and all :slight_smile: ]

Also scoping out EURAUD and GBPAUD with you.

Nothing for me on EURJPY I’m afraid; the BEEB formed right above my KHL

Cheers!

Having spec MT5 charts + extra periods is also really kul, huh? :slight_smile:

Increases the possibility of having more A+ setups per week/month

There’s more than enough to profit great from.

Cheers

Nah got taken out at BE. Once it got down to the same minor level that you also marked (I had mine a little higher) I moved to BE and got taken out. Still no loss and gave my trade a chance to do the business.

[QUOTE=sworksmax; 99999]
Thank you Jonathan!
[/QUOTE]

Hehehe :slight_smile:

Before coming on this thread ( about 3 months after I started learning forex ), I’d gone through a couple of sites and forums, and was trying to piece things together.

This includes Niall’s free info [ never could get what a ‘fakey’ is <perplexed> ] and the behemoth James16 thread on FF [ couldn’t see the wood for the trees!, too many ideas and PA methods floated around :confused: ].

Then I came across a PDF doc having info on the pinbar, and a big light came on! This looked like a way I’d love to trade. I digested it and tried applying it to my trading, though without much success [ fake charting (Etoro) + didn’t have info on support/resistance and KHL’s ]

Between then and losing alot of my personal savings :/, I came on to BabyPips and another light came on :). Tried out a couple of the systems on here ( some were pretty kul, and work for those who ‘feel’ them ). They also made me realize simpler is better ( ‘simple’ doesn’t mean ‘easier’, just means structured and straight to the point, without twisted complexities ). I also did the BabyPips school, a real eye opener as well ( that’s where I got how to properly use Fibs, for e.g )

Then finally, somehow, while searching for something on Babypips (don’t remember what now), came across Johnathon’s first post, and hoozah!, I knew I was home ( clear direction right there in black and white ). Made sure I read all the posts before posting ( somewhere on Page 11 ), and there began the final putting together of the pieces.

This method won’t work for everyone ( it doesn’t have to, there are near infinite ways to skin the forex cat ). But it has worked for me, has opened my eyes even to see more than was laid out in the thread. And for that I’m very grateful to Johnathon.

As the days have gone on, I’ve come across alot of positive and negative sentiments towards Johnathon + this thread ( won’t regurgitate it here ). Truth this: you’ll get out of this thread whatever you are looking for. The truth is: you don’t even have to join FSO. If you ACTIVELY read through the posts ( making NOTES and cross-referencing CHARTS and just good ol’ CHART TIME ), everything is laid out here. How do I know? Because my notes show how to handle setups, entries, exits, market structure, even trade management. All before joining FSO. I joined the thread HUNGRY and drank in gulps the insights that were shared on here. You’ll get out what you are looking for.

Lastly, some have also expressed dissatisfaction at the ‘restrictive’ nature of the thread [ i.e, Johnathon’s insistence on sticking to the core setups + method ]. This is very necessary and a plus => because of this, you CAN see the wood for the trees ( i.e, you can see the BIGGER picture ). And when you see the BIGGER picture, you see other setups/patterns that you incorporate into your own trading ( that’s what sight + chart time does ). You will ‘see’ things, and from there make up your own brand of PA trading. But the core principles (setups + method) remain at the heart and center of it all.

OK, ramble + tribute over, back to trading :slight_smile:

Cheers

You rock dude!

Cheers

Jon,
Great thread you have going here and also the Forex Online School site has lots of great info to offer, I was thinking of becoming a member in fact.

I was wondering since you are a pro trader if you had a link to a Myfxbook account or something similar to show your amazing results? I did a search on here but I don’t seem to be able to locate it. Sorry if you have it already published but a link would be cool.

Cheers