Forex Price Action

There are many style of trading , they all have their good and bad things and that’s why you choose which one or which ones are better for you. I wish you the best because i know you will make it work for you and there are traders out there that most of their trading is scalping.

I think I shared your problem a bit when I started. I work a 9 to 5 job on EST so while i am at work I miss most of the active periods of the day. I also sleep during the London open and don’t wish to wake up early trade. I started out trading only during the Asian session and staying up late but I found that I didn’t want to spend so much time in front of the charts. It sounds like your method requires a lot of timing and you have only been executing market orders. Maybe consider setting up limit orders that can trigger while you are asleep and/or at work on larger time frames. This is what I have done to adjust to my limited chart time and I have liked it a lot. Good Luck to you and I hope you find a method that fits your needs.

It’s not that scalpers don’t make money (believe me, I know scalpers who win so consistently and so largely that it looks fake), but rather that the type of scalping you employ may not grant opportunities to trade within a 2 hour window. Personally, even if I trade the 5m, that’s 24 bars, which isn’t enough to create a trade - it would have to be already in the making and I’d just get lucky with it like I would if I was trading a higher frame. If your backtesting says that you’ll get a good entry (or many good entries) than you should [I]definitely[/I] go for it.

I honestly don’t know how to set limit orders. I’ve had people talk to me about them but couldn’t quite understand how it works. If I’m going to implement limit orders, I will have to build that on my strategy. I’m not sure that’s what I want to do.

My strategy simply requires major trend lines, major and minor Structure support plotted from Daily Charts as well as wedge and channels plotted from 4-hour and Daily charts. I look at about 15-25 Pairs and plot said areas for each of those pairs and do an analysis while I’m at work to see which ones are getting close to these areas. Once I get home, I can simply go to those pairs and drop down to the 10minute time frame and wait for a Bearish or Bullish Engulfing at Psychological levels.
The amount of opportunities for this amount of pairs and this many parameters is usually more than enough for me to make about 50 pips average in one day. This is more than enough.
I’m just getting used to the size my lots need to be in order to make sure I don’t risk too much of my account.
Right now I am only trading 1,000 units on average of my $500 account which usually ends up being about $1.00 per trade. $5.00 average. That’s not much money at all, but when I see that my strategy is consistent over a 6-month period, I plan to give myself a raise. :wink:

I had mentioned before to pay for the trade 2 to 3 pips no more for scalping and the pairs should be those that have high volume . EU/USD is an excellent one to trade along with a few others.

What do you mean to “Pay for the trade 2 to 3 pips”? Should I set my TP to 12 or 13 instead of the usual 10 to compensate for the lost pips from the spread?

Yes 12/13 pips is fine, however a scalper usually go from 5/10 , those are the ones that go real strict . When i scalp and the pair is going strong my way , i just let it run.

very interesting, i m not much of a scalper

Has anyone joined member area of ‘Forex School Online’? I have learnt a lot from their website and thinking to join the member area. If you have joined them, I would appreciate any reviews. Thanks

Oddly enough I can’t go to the Forexschoolonline website here at work. It’s blocked as being a “Personals and dating website”…

O.o

same here lol

Giving this post a little bump as this is really the only thread of importance to me and it’s often difficult to find under everything else. :smiley:

I should note that if/when I become ‘successful’ with Forex - I will likely be sharing my strategy on here. I know that we see a lot of people become successful and you never hear from them again, or they simply fade away for whatever reason.

I’m a bit different. I enjoy forums a lot and I don’t have enough free time to be on them and talk with people as much as I would really like. So if I was successful in Forex, I would have a lot more free time on my hands and I would certainly want to share how I do it with others.
I see that most people share their strategy by having individuals pay a one-time fee of several hundred dollars or a monthly subscription fee.
If I have money through Forex, I honestly don’t think I would need to charge anyone for my service. I would just post on here and see who I can help.

One thing I don’t understand. If there is big money to gain on forex and there are lots successful people why do these people seem to be trying to sell me there ultimate strategy. Surely they make enough by trading.

Shortcut to the “Billionaire door” (instead of waiting 5 years to be billionaire by trading only, why don’t “sell the strategy” and trade at the same time?) :16:

I know I don’t want to be a billionaire. I simply want to have financial freedom. I live in poverty right now. I work 70 hours a week to make under $2,000 per month. I am a slave to the labor industry and I want to get out.
Once I have financial freedom, I will be content with my living conditions.

I know what it’s like to live like this, so I can appreciate having any amount of spare money at all. This is why I won’t be charging for my services if/when that day comes.

I think that having a realistic goal going forward is a most. I see people talking about millions and billions of dollars that they want to make in a short amount of time. I say yes it can be done but , you need to start the account with a large amount of money too. So i am glad that ideasonscribe has the feet on the ground.

Hello Guys,
Newbie here but have been in forex for last 4 years, emptied many accounts, just a year back I came to know the price action and it gave a little stability of my trading, and this is actually the trading, else is more or less gambling. Came to this thread just a week back and best concept of this thread is A++ trades, Now a days I’m working on screening A++ trades that may increase my win%.
Check screen shot.
GBP-AUD,

1. Good price action signal well defined Pin bar
  2. At a significant level
  3. Overall a weekly bullish trend
    This scenario convinces me for a possible bullish reversal from this level. Im not gonna Jumpt right away going to look for a solid PA signal on daily or 4H.
    Your views Plz

Nice to see you here, Bluebirds! I hope you hang around. We need the people to get this post up and running again.

So on that GBPAUD, that certainly looks like valid PA you have there. On the Daily chart there’s even a Bullish seeming Pin Bar. At least I think that’s a Pin Bar.
Perhaps you could make a judgment: