Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

Hi, I have been trading for quite a few years and have been trading a very simple trading system that has yielded very consistent profits for me and have decided to share and hopefully help some traders out there.

I trade the system only on the 1 minute EUR/USD and GBP/USD. The system is a pure scalper that should bank you 25-50 pips daily, sounds like a dream right? Well here she be:

The system uses only one indicator along with fibs and 100 levels to show higher support or resistance places to maybe avoid. You connect the the last 2 confirmed dots, and wait for a candle to break below or above and enter the trade. Place your stop loss and the last dot of the opposite color. Its that simple. In order for the dot to be confirmed and not repaint, please wait for the opposite color dot to appear before drawing the trend-line.

*When there is a down trend (the trend-line slopes downwards), you are looking for the breakout up only. And when there is an uptrend (the trend-line slopes upwards), you are looking for the break down only.

I change the setting in the swing_zz indicator to minBars=3 to help clearly show proper support and resistance levels.

Im happy taking 5-8 pips per trade but sometimes with a strong move, I just keep moving my stop loss up to the next dot and let it ride 20-30 pips.

• NOTE (MAY 26th 2012) I have also added a zip file to this first post as the system has developed over the past few months and it would be nice to have some files in the very first post that you may require as your read on. I advise the reader to read all of the posts as we have some exciting changes that will increase your profitability! A special thanks to “SandyBeach” for putting “Strategy - Blizard.zip” together for us and “STOCKNEON” for putting the EA together for us.

Happy trading!

Swing_ZZ.zip (10.1 KB)

Strategy - Blizard.zip (67 KB)

3 Likes

Here is Fridays trading day. Nice move! Ill be posting my daily setups Mon-Friday for EUR/USD.

Can you provide a little clarity on how you pick the dots? Thank you.

You always connect the last 2 confirmed dots.

are there repainting issues??

hi, just installed the indicator.

i connect the last two dots, same color? different color? or just the last two, what even if mixed.

just to make sure: as soon as a candle breaks this line —> i go with it in the same direction. is that right?

thx

Here is a Swing_ZZ with an Alert if you’d prefer it? Just make sure it does the same before you use it?

Hi FatCat,

thank you for the SwingZZ with Alert.
it’s a nice think to find out in which wave/swing “we are”. makes it easier to find it.

Here are the setups for today, 20 pips or so. There are no repaint issues as long as the next dot has appeared before drawing the trendline.

Thanks

Hi blizard,

firstly, thank you for your brilliant system. But i have a query , may i know what is your actual value for your minbars? 2 or 3 as I am having different dots plotted on my chart, regardless of 2 or 3 i input.

also can you pls explain more on how u plot the fib levels onto this chart?

your advice are greatly appreciated.

rgds,
Dimey

Hi Dimey

If I understand correctly, you ignore the last dot, so your chart above is wrong?
Firstly, use 3, as I think was stated in post 1?

The if the current dot, last dot, whatever you prefer to call it is Red, then draw a line for the last two Blue dots.
If the last dot is Blue, then draw a line for the last two Red dots.
The last dot will almost always repaint, hence it is ignored in this strategy.

In your picture above, the last dot is Blue, so you should be joining the previous two Red dots, then looking for a Short trade when the Trend Line is broken.
Also I cannot see what time frame you are on there, but make sure it is M1.

Good Luck
Wayne

Here is another nice setup during the Asian Secession today.

blizard,
according to my Alpari chart , 40-45 minutes aftr entry , there was a stop out.
What would you do , reenter if the entry conditions are still valid, or take the loss and wait for another signal?
Thanks for sharing, appreciate it

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the explaination. Now I know how to plot the trend line. FYI I am using M1 eurusd chart.

But may i know how i use the fib level with 100 as mentioned in the post 1?

Sorry Mate, but for that part, I think we need to wait for a clearer explanation from the author?

Hello, the fib levels and 100 levels are just areas to exercise caution. If you get a buy entry just under a fib level or a 100 level, i wouldn’t take it. Here is a nice trade the broke up this afternoon.

thanks

Blizard, this is a system i’m interested in trying.

How come in the raph you posted above, the last dot before the breakup is a blue dot, so therefore from what I’m reading you connect the previous two red dots. So how come you’ve connect the first previous red dot, with another red dot a further 3 red dots back?? It worked out better I see that, but i thought the rule was the previous 2 dots only (of same colour). thanks

Here you go:

or you could have taken both however, connecting the blue dots didn’t yield a proper uptrend to warrant a break below but it would have worked out in this case.

Here are the setups from today, nice and easy.