Macfibo system

Price hit TP. Happy days… London will close soon… Time to switch off now. Till tomorrow see u guys…

What moving averages do you use? I tried DLing the .pdf, but it came out in some totally alien language. I’ve been playing with cross overs, so I want to play with this one!

Alien language???.. What program did you use to read it?..

5EMA Close
8SMA Close
20SMA Close.

Happy testing the system. CHeers.

I entered a sell yesterday. Hit the target @ 161.8. Price currently testing 200.0 now. We will go from there.

One new thing I will do for this thread is to post daily or weekly update Macfibo Trade Record For 2012. I’ve extracted from the ‘Master file’ record and put it into a new spreadsheet. Trades from 1 January 2012 until current. Trade records are strictly based on the trading rules posted in the PDF, except few additional rules :

1. Trade activations after London close will not be taken nor logged.
  2. Activations before Major economic news, Fixed SL will be put on 1:1 RR ratio

That’s it. I convert the spreadsheet into PDF format so you can just view it.

Here’s the summarised statistics on Macfibo trades for 2012 so far (EURUSD) :

No of trades : 44
Wins : 30
Loss : 14
Win % : 68.2%

Avg Win : 35.9 pips
Avg Loss : 27.5 pips

Pips Harvested : 1078
Pips Loss : 385
Net Pips : 693

Worst Run (total pips in consecutive losses) : 87 pips
Best Run (total pips in consecutive wins) : 502 pips
Average Losing Run (average total pips in consecutive losses) : 42.78
Average Winning Run (average total pips in consecutive wins) : 109.6 pips

So far in terms of average losses and total pips during losing run, I think… i can live with that.

Macfibo_Record.pdf (111 KB)

great results… i am closely watching, yesterday I was out at 161.8 TP at 1.3097 will enter as per rules

Congrats buddy!

What a nice thread!

I was instantly impressed with the look and simplicity of this system and have decided to test the MacFibo for the first time yesterday. According to your system rules, I have taken 3 trades yesterday with all of them being profitable and hit the 161.8 level!

I’ve set my SL at the 38.2 fib level and it works a charm. Very well done!!

I am looking forward to many more profitable trades.

Hey there, always nice to hear traders make pips. What were the pairs you traded? May you get more profitable trades using the system.

I entered 2 USD/JPY trades at 82.62 and 82.42 (Long)
I entered 1 GOLD trade at 1693.64 (Short)

Please can you upload the latest PDF System rules (including when to re-enter trades)

Thanks!

MACFIBO EURUSD ANALYSIS 14/3/2012

Following the Macfibo H1 Sell yesterday (almost exactly 24 hours ago), price slowly continued. Asian session closed lower than US session, pushing price towards 261.8 level. It barely touch it though. Some will see this as a sign that price will continue to go lower. H4 and D1 suggest there is more space to cover… Macfibo-wise. I will take one activation at a time. There is no signs of fresh activations (buy) as of now.

I won’t be surprised if price continue and hits 261.8, though I am not ruling out a test on 20sma before that happens. I have no intention to buy/sell right now. I will stay on the sideline and see if we can see some bull activation later during London and London+US session.

tips : be wary of Asian session high when taking a bull trade.

GOLD? Wow… I assume you got some ironballs buddy! :D… Keep on posting your GOLD trades here because I am still backtesting the system with that beast.

Well, what can I say… :D.

Whoever said Diamonds are a girl’s best friend clearly forgot about Gold and Platinum… I love to trade those.

I like what you’re doing here, but I have one question about your trade record for 2012. It may be too late at night and I may need to get some sleep but I figure that 30 wins out of 44 total trades is 68.2% wins, if so you need to give yourself a little more credit. I think I figured this out right but you can correct me if I’m wrong. Regardless keep up the good work.

Dave

I’ve been following this thread for a couple of days and have been checking back for possible past trades. It looks like a good system!

Looking at entering my first trade but patiently waiting for a decent signal. Currently looking at GBP/USD. Anyone read a buy signal here, or does it look too dodgy?

It looks too dodgy, will leave alone…

i am in the position for long of this pair in 1 hr chart a few hour ago…

Thank you for pointing that out, i will check the excel calculation again. Thanks

I have no chart with me right now hence i cant comment. ill take a look tomorrow.

Hi sufiansaid and everyone,
I have been looking throughout your strategies, I try to use it.
That’s a chart GBp/Usd H1, i try to apply your macfibo system.
Did I set the Fibo retracement correctly according to your criteria ? I will not open a position, but i want to know if I do it right.

In some of your first post you state that you start trending during the Asian-Sydney session to open position in the London session, am I right ?