Macfibo system

Hey there, always nice to hear traders make pips. What were the pairs you traded? May you get more profitable trades using the system.

I entered 2 USD/JPY trades at 82.62 and 82.42 (Long)
I entered 1 GOLD trade at 1693.64 (Short)

Please can you upload the latest PDF System rules (including when to re-enter trades)

Thanks!

MACFIBO EURUSD ANALYSIS 14/3/2012

Following the Macfibo H1 Sell yesterday (almost exactly 24 hours ago), price slowly continued. Asian session closed lower than US session, pushing price towards 261.8 level. It barely touch it though. Some will see this as a sign that price will continue to go lower. H4 and D1 suggest there is more space to cover… Macfibo-wise. I will take one activation at a time. There is no signs of fresh activations (buy) as of now.

I won’t be surprised if price continue and hits 261.8, though I am not ruling out a test on 20sma before that happens. I have no intention to buy/sell right now. I will stay on the sideline and see if we can see some bull activation later during London and London+US session.

tips : be wary of Asian session high when taking a bull trade.

GOLD? Wow… I assume you got some ironballs buddy! :D… Keep on posting your GOLD trades here because I am still backtesting the system with that beast.

Well, what can I say… :D.

Whoever said Diamonds are a girl’s best friend clearly forgot about Gold and Platinum… I love to trade those.

I like what you’re doing here, but I have one question about your trade record for 2012. It may be too late at night and I may need to get some sleep but I figure that 30 wins out of 44 total trades is 68.2% wins, if so you need to give yourself a little more credit. I think I figured this out right but you can correct me if I’m wrong. Regardless keep up the good work.

Dave

I’ve been following this thread for a couple of days and have been checking back for possible past trades. It looks like a good system!

Looking at entering my first trade but patiently waiting for a decent signal. Currently looking at GBP/USD. Anyone read a buy signal here, or does it look too dodgy?

It looks too dodgy, will leave alone…

i am in the position for long of this pair in 1 hr chart a few hour ago…

Thank you for pointing that out, i will check the excel calculation again. Thanks

I have no chart with me right now hence i cant comment. ill take a look tomorrow.

Hi sufiansaid and everyone,
I have been looking throughout your strategies, I try to use it.
That’s a chart GBp/Usd H1, i try to apply your macfibo system.
Did I set the Fibo retracement correctly according to your criteria ? I will not open a position, but i want to know if I do it right.

In some of your first post you state that you start trending during the Asian-Sydney session to open position in the London session, am I right ?

Hi Seedou, that looks like the entry I picked in the afternoon Lndon session today, except I put my point B at the high point of the candle 2 to the left of where you have yours. Would like to know if this set up is correct, but it looks like it is.

Sadly for me, I put my SL at 61.8 and got stopped out at a 20 pip loss before it continued to go short again.

Lesson learned = be brave and have conviction!

Good luck!

Thanks for you answer, I try to use myself to new analytic tool, cause i am a newbie ^^, i want to be sure i understand what I am doing.

when i woked up this morning…it stopped out…bummer…

Your PT A is spot on, I would put my PT B two candles before your PT B.

In some of your first post you state that you start trending during the Asian-Sydney session to open position in the London session, am I right ?

My trading time is between Asian (you can say Asian-Sydney) open until London Close (12-1AM Singapore/Brunei Time). I don’t take any signal in the second half of US session.

It’s okay. Losing a trade is OK. You traded according to the rules and did not ride the loss, like many newbies would do (Like what I did when I first started out…) :slight_smile:

Yes, same thing happened to me yesterday!

Got to have more conviction, and be brave enough to hold on :51:

I get easily confused with all the time zones hehehe… in terms of GMT, what is the best time to trade EURUSD?

TIA

Hello PingPong and Vessel18,

If I may, perhaps you put the fixed SL at 50% (this would give more or less 1.25 : 1 RR ratio)? Or 38.2% (1:1 RR Ratio) to give more room for the trade to develop? Ofcourse this might not suit your different personalities, I for one, only put fixed SL when there is a big news coming up (provided if I am in a trade already, holding a profit or loss). But then again, you both traded GBPUSD right, which I can’t exactly comment thoroughly as I never tested it religiously (only logged it 120 trades), perhaps SL should be wider…

Let me suggest if i may, you can dismiss it ofcourse, just use the simple exiting system based on the guideline… 5ema and 8sma exit.