Macfibo system

Yes i use MT4. I dont find it boring, maybe others can help with you on that. I never find backtest as exciting in the first place so yeah. Anyone has other exciting way to backtest? Thanks.

I started trading this system live today with my live account
and i hit my TP
good to know my first trade’s a winner

Sufiansaid my broker platform doesn’t have gold
what other systems do you trade?
I spent the last 2 days backtesting AUDUSD macfibo for the past few months, and different SL statistics, and apart from February its so so
Have you backtested GBPUSD macfibo?
Is EURUSD and GOLD the only pairs you trade with macfibo?
Thanks again for this system

Hi Cristina, that was a really good signal. I got this one too…unfortunately I´m still on demo. I´m so anxious to start real trading. For how long did you demotrade before going real?

can u check this &tell me if i have done it correctly

Don’t say unfortunately !!! I am a noob also and still on demo trading. Take your time and relax, get used to trading, the way it handles, once you are relaxed and not anxious then take it a step further otherwise if your anxious you may kill a trade in a big drawdown which will happen !!

Don’t worry, practice makes perfect :slight_smile: I am 6 months demo trading so far. Getting there. Don’t run before you can crawl :slight_smile:

Your get there !!

hi, christinaa … i see u r using pivot pivot points … which one i want to download one like that. mine is a little bit boring …

hey, tks for the repply sandybeach. Good words there. So how ur demo looks (hope its good)? Are you using macfibo?

I have been playing around with forex for the last 2 and a half years on demo, but only really started taking it seriously about 6 months ago.

I have been having some success with macfibo, but the losses i make are not down to this system, its me, i can say that for certain as i have not got trading nailed down yet.

I have been using a few different strategies and at the moment i am using Blizard’s naked trading and have been following a few other threads on babypips with different strategies that do things differently from each other. Its an interesting learning experience.

My words of advice, forget the money side of forex! The moment i did and i only thought “i want to end today being +1 pip in profit” everything changed, the stress disappeared, worry disappeared. Now im not ready for live trading yet, but im getting there.

At the moment i am trading a number of different strategies from my demo account so its not good to show as it would not give a fair showing of any one strategy as i change things and experiment and no one other than me could tell the difference so i would not want to turn anyone away from any strategy due to my experimentation.

My advice, these guys on babypips know what their saying! Not all strategies are for everyone, everyone is different. But try lots of different scenario’s during the day, night, long, short, scalping, 4 hourly trading etc. Do it ALL ON DEMO, so if you lose, who cares ! But pay attention to why you lose and learn from it, that is how i have learnt! It has taught me alot about the use’s of EA’s.

But just practice and don’t be afraid to ask questions, there are alot of pro’s here with more experience than me who will help :slight_smile: Just try and read the forums first so your not asking the same question as all of us have.

Also go through the school, read the forums here. Also experiment with these strategies, until you find one that works for you. When you do keep practising it until you are consistently profitable with it!

i have a better way: there’s a script that allows u to run mt4 like u r on the live market. but works on only one chart at a time. its called strategy simulator. the writer is either dead or else …cos i cant locate him.even the site is down. HOWEVER NOTE THAT IT HAS ONLY WORKED WITH MT4 FROM PEPPERSTONE. Its more realistic. its not big at all, comes with a manual too. i can give it2u guys but dont know how to upload it. get it from here [B][forum dot mt5 dot com][/B]. am not allowed to post links! … just look for a thread 'New Trading Simulator, Gain Experience Faster ’ or google it. its a zip file with title as [B]Trade_Simulator_Files[/B]
let me how u find it.

Much appreciated RKStelma its taken a long time to get the fib points but I will take on your comments… Before using MACFibo I was close to giving up but now I seem to be making in roads

I have had some good success on a few pairs using MACFibo that some of you might want to consider back testing.

NZDUSD
AUDCAD
USDCHF
NZDJPY

Thanks Sufiansaid, it is good feedback…

Today for the 1st time I traded the EUR/USD on the 4Hr and it hooked me in 50 pips, my greatest so far in one trade, I used the 38.2 Fib point to set my stop loss and it kept me in the trade.

I was more relaxed and enjoyed the trade as I wasn’t constantly looking at the charts or my P/L. I have found that if you obey the Support and resistance lines the market will always revisit them making it easier to know where to set the targets for profits

Thanks, i’ve been reading this macfibo thread since it started, like 2 and a half months ago, sometimes i would demo trade, but sufiansaid would normally post the trades anyway. Sufiansaid has been doing macfibo for years, and his record since this thread started is on the first page. yesterday i only risked like $10 im live trading but with penny’s so its more realistic for me and then il trade more and more. but yeah you should demo until your comfortable, also do the forex school here on babypips and read this whole thread :slight_smile:

thats the EURGBP. r u testing it?

i downloaded it from the simple and almost naked thread. :slight_smile:

yes and it hit tp

i tried macfibo on silver but it hit sl pls comment

The candle that created the crossover is really long, which is not the best entry signal. It might be because of news. I usually stay away when the crossover happens due to a relatively long candle. A smooth crossover is usually the best.

Thanks Cristina. By the way, no more signals for EURUSD??? Come on!!!

I think the forex gods heard me, there is a signal starting H1 EURUSD.

I was monitoring GU and get in BUY when the cross happened.

Let’s see…