Pin Bar Forex Strategy

[B]Pin Bar is a popular Forex strategy [/B]which is based on the particular candlestick pattern. You can use this strategy on any major pairs and timeframe. Using longer-term timeframes would be more logical though. I advise 1H, 4H or daily charts. The “Pinbar” pattern was first introduced by Martin Pring.
Bearish Ping-Bar Pattern:

[B]The pattern consists of three bars:[/B] the left eye, the nose and the right eye. The left eye should be a bar up. The nose bar should open and close inside the left eye, but its high should bulge much farther than the left eye’s high. Both the nose bar’s open and close should be located in the bottom. The right eye is where the trading happens. If you see this formation near a strong resistance level, you may think that the chance of being successful would be higher. Please have a look at the charts below:

[B][U]Refer the figure-1 from attachments:[/U][/B]

[B][U]Bullish Ping-Bar Pattern:[/U][/B]
The left eye should be a bar down. The nose bar should open and close inside the left eye, but its low should bulge much farther than the left eye’s low. Both the nose bar’s open and close should be located in the top 1/4 of the bar. Again, the right eye is where the trading happens. If you see this formation near a strong support level, you may think that the chance of being successful would be higher.

[B][U]Aggressive Entry and Exit Conditions:[/U][/B]

1. Aggressive entry option is to enter a position when in the right eye price retreats behind the left eye’s close level.
  2. Aggressive take-profit level may be placed farther (to the next strong support level, resistance for bullish positions)
  3. Set stop-loss to behind the nose bar point (in this case, your reward/risk ratio may suffer).

[B][U]Conservative Entry and Exit Conditions:[/U][/B]

1. Conservative entry point is below (above for bullish set-up) the nose bar.
  2. Conservative stop-loss can be set behind the nearest support/resistance level behind the eyes.
  3. Conservative take-profit can be set immediately after the left eye low (high for the bullish set-up).

[B][U]Please check the charts below to see real examples on GBP/USD: [/U][/B]
[U]Refer the figure2 from attachments:[/U]

Pin bars are a great tool to use in trading, I will give you that. Knowing where and when to use them is the tricky part. If you ttrying to imply to use them purely when they form on any time frame, im sorry to say you shall soon see your A…!

Cheers

Thanku so much Ang101… i am already use this strategy… It gives good profit to me… thanks for your guide… best of luck…

Hi fxsusan

Do you have any additional criteria for trading pin bars? For example, do they have to be at resistance/support or with the trend etc?

Thanks

Susan, I like it. Do you have any past results for it? What do you mean by it gives good profit for me?

Also, it seems like something that could be made into a robot if it has worth. I’ve been learning the programming language to make the bots for a little while now. I can do basic stuff & i think i could do this one. Let me know about the potential profit & time frames. Would be happy to share the bot, if developed, here.

Jay C

A fellow naked trader. Pin bars are nice, especially when there is some confluence abound with some good support it resistance.

pin bar and other is always nice trade…clean chart is best…with resistance and support…and trend is your friend

Nice explanation fxsusan :wink: