HLHB improvement

Hello, piplovers!

I’m inspirated by Huck’s HLHB system, but frequent fakeouts are really ruins such simply-beautiful strategy. I don’t know, if it were on this forum (so don’t blame me, please), but here some tweaks I discovered to reduce (not eliminate!) fakeouts and make trend riding longer:

SMMA (10), EMA (5), RSI (26)

Rest of the rules are original HLHB’s except trailing stop: do not touch stop-loss after it moved in breakeven on 50-pip price moving. Exit is ONLY on both MA’s and RSI crosses or by stop-loss.

Image above shows how tweaks helps to avoid fakeouts on choppy market and hold in big trend longer.

What do you think about it?

Peep’s!

Love this! I’ll go through this when I get home later. Thank you Pompeii! XOXO

I wonder why no one has made any contribytion to this thread so far… The small changes should make a lot of difference. I do not use this method, but still follow it with great intrigue… I am looking forward to results after Pompeii tweaking…

Pompeii could you please post your results whenever you have time…

Sure, starting over next week I’m going to record all trades and soon will show results. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

Hello Huck and other pip hunters

I was wondering do you use the same strategy for the 15 mins?

Thanks will be looking forward to your results

Struggling to find any VALID Trades with these tweaks, Are you sure you are trading the same rules or like me is ther just no trade this week?

RSI stayed pretty much above 50 for this period using (26)

Got 4 trades on this week.

1. +85
  2. -14
  3. +78
  4. floating +25 (still open)

+149 for the first week. Pretty good for me.

1 Like

I don’t see the same rules being applied here as Hucks HLHB system.

Trade 1 RSI fell below 50 yet you still went long
Trade 3 MA’s crossed well before your gain of +78 yet you didn’t close the trade.

Has anyone coded an EA to share? Would like to try and test this on multiple currency pairs but I am terrible at coding EA’s. Thanks!

I’m looking for an HLHB EA as well.

Also, I’d like to get clarification of the current chart set up you all are using for the HLHB system.

I have traded the HLHB on 15M chart Aud/USD. I’m about 3K profit at this time.
My current indicators are set up as follows
5 EMA set to close
10 EMA set to close
RSI Period 10 Applied to Median Price (HL/2)
RVI Period 10
ADX Period 14 Apply to Close
However, I’ve taken positions when ADX is above 20 not 25. Using ADX Period 10 I’d take positions above ADX 25. I’ve noticed ADX 10 above 25 is same as ADX 14 above 20. At least in my testing paper, Demo and live it seems that way to me.
MACD 5,9,4 apply to Median Price (HL/2)

My money management is what has kept me alive. It seems I have to many trades that go negative. I’m trying to increase my win to loss ratio. In addition, I have been going for 1.1% to 1.25% of my pips at risk. Example if my pip risk is 100 pips than I go for Take profit points of 110 - 125 pips. Just thought I’d clarify.

In addition, I only trade during AUD/JPY hours Tues,Weds,Thu.

Thank you

1 Like