The Truth About Order Flow Trading & How To Trade It!

[B]UPDATED THREAD PAGE[/B]

I have updated this page because I’m going to change a few things around with the way I show things and the order in which I do it.

I think the best way of showing and teaching something is to show real examples and trades with full details on why I took the trade, and the full details for the order flow behind it.

I don’t want this thread to become a signals service which people blindly follow along with and learn nothing, so I would ask that people try and only follow the trades for educational purpose while they are learning, and try to do your own analysis combined with mine.

This thread is STRICTLY for order flow trading, no other analysis, systems or subjects will be covered here, and I ask that you stick to order flow debates and discussions only.

Also if you have nothing to say or offer in terms of order flow trading, then simply do not post. Failure to do so will simply result on you being placed on the ignore list which will stop you from posting on the thread and make your posts invisible. I will also request that the mods take action to clean up the trash.

Last but not least, [B]please act your age and respect the fact that people are enjoying this thread, and they are enjoying learning about flow trading.[/B] Try not to be a lowlife and internet creep/troll and try to ruin something out of badness, all that does is shows that your a sad loner with nothing to do in your life, and therefore try to takeaway other peoples enjoyment and learning.

Follow the above and there will be no problems!

My twitter account is back up and running.

But lets get the ball rolling with a couple of trade ideas: USD/JPY, I would be happy to go short @ 78.45 (sell stops) with a view of 78.10-15 (early bids). Stop above 78.60 (buy stops). Go long @ 78.05-10 (stronger bids), stop @ 77.85 (sell stops), target 78.50 (option barrier for NY cut).

Thanks for this.I’m in

Been told that there is OFFERS @ 78.80-85-90 and 79.00.

So to update the trade ideas…

If 78.85 is hit first I will go SHORT @ 78.85 and place stop @ 79.05, then add to the short @ 78.45 with stop @ 78.60 and the original stop for the entry @ 78.85 moved to 78.60 also… this will create a risk free situation. Target is 78.10-15 for both trades

If 78.45 is hit first I will go short and target 78.10-15 with stop @ 78.60 only.

The BUY @ 78.05-10 with a target of 78.50 and stop @ 77.85 still stands!

Thanking you

awesome trade setup! Thanks David

PS Loving your new avatar

No need to!

Just don’t back stab me, through it back in my face or accuse me of things I have not done and we will be fine and can get on with things!

David, you called a trade last week that made me some nice pips. You said “trust me, the usd/jpy is going up” it was around 78.00-10 at the time. It did!! Good call!! Looking forward to more good stuff here. Don’t go away!!

Cool new thread.

Will you be here mostly for the London Open and the New York open David?

thanks

Hi David,

I see you have 78.50 as an option Barrier for NY Cut.

On Oanda, the 78.50 option is only due to expire on Tuesday, is there an option OANDA is not reporting yet.

The latest calendar on OANDA is Friday.

Hi Justin

I will be here when I can, and when I feel like it!

I’m no longer going out my way to please people. I did that before and got **** on from a good few people who are no doubt creeps and lowlife in the background reading and learning my stuff! So I will do what I can, when I can and when I feel like doing it. But I will certainly not neglect the thread or leave it abandoned. I will post everyday, May that be London or US or both London and US.

David

78.50 is from one of my Asian desk contacts. The barrier is also a tunnel with the upside strike of 50. IFR do not report these kinds of options as they don’t mean much unless its A YEN with another option structure attached to it.

The tunnel with the strike 50 means that for the derivative to pay-out, USD/JPY must close below 78.50 at the NY cut tomozz.

The owner of the strike is HSBC and its said to be sized 670 million.

Cheers for coming back to us with a clean thread (lets keep it that way ffs). Going to start my serious full trading day tomorrow at London session. Will follow your posts and tweets closely. Goodnight and see you folks in the early morning :slight_smile:

Hi David,

IFR reporting More topside stops above 78.85, 79.00 for USD/JPY

Would I be correct to consider those stops as buy stops because of the 79.00 and 79.20 options.

I need to rewatch your friday training session again, but I recall that you discussed that the stops on EURUSD would edge the price up towards the higher options.

How would you know if they were buy stops or sell stops?

Hi,

You just caught me as I was about to close down for the night and go to bed!

[B]How would you know if they were buy stops or sell stops?[/B]

I want you to seriously think about what you have just asked there!

It’s not a trick question… you need to think about what you have just asked before you go any further with order flow.

Let me know your answer either here or PM.

Heres a clue… find out what the difference is between a limit order and a stop order!

stops [B][U]above[/U][/B] 78.85, 79.00

just the hint…

Forget the task San, I don’t want you going off and making a mistake in the process!

If price is trading at say 78.50 and I say that there is stops above, then it can ONLY be BUY stops! If it was a sell order (limit) then it would be an OFFER. You can’t get “sell stops” above price!

If price was trading at 78.50 and I said there was stops below, then it can ONLY be SELL stops! If is was a buy order (limit) then it would be a BID. You can’t get “buy stops” below price!

Stops above market price = BUY STOPS

Stops below market price = SELL STOPS

Buys below market = BIDS (LIMIT ORDERS)

Sells above market = OFFERS (LIMIT ORDERS)

I thought I told you to go and chill out on twitter and listen to some Peter Gabriel!

Leave the sarcasm and attitude to me, I speak better English than you. All you do is confuse people with your Portuguese/English typing! :wink:

Actually i was giving San a clue there’s no sarcasm San is a good person … :stuck_out_tongue:

Luis.