Anyone here a consistent winner with PROVEN results?

Just wondering, like many traders I’m looking for (and have been for about 3 years…egawd!) a simple system that is profitable on a consistent basis…like many traders, I’ve been hopping from system to system, and right now am testing another one (price action based, using 4H and 1D charts and 2 MA indicators…every month I’ve been tweaking the parameters but I am still losing, not much but I’m still not 100% convinced this one will work in the medium term…).

Anyways, to cut to the chase, is there a system here in these forums where the initial poster (or a regular user) backs up their results with one of those online chart sites that are hooked up to the MT4 platform? A friend of mine showed me how to do this, and I did here at MyFxBook. It was a slight pain in the ass to setup, but once I did it, it was awesome to be able to share my results…even though the martingale system I used at the time didn’t quite work out as planned…I bailed from using the system even though I only lost 1% of my 5000€ account

What I’m getting at is this: anyone here kicking ass on one of the systems mentioned in these threads here that are also hooked up to one of these websites that can display MT4 results in real time?

I ask because I was reading the FAQ of the Cowabunga system and there was a link to his current track record, but it’s a dead link: MeetPips.com Cowabunga Track Record, but I figure there’s gotta be others here at Babypips that have their MT4 hooked up to a real-time-updating system that displays real results in real-time on one of these websites such as myfxbook.

I realise that those people who are genuinely profitable are least likely to share their systems as they’ve “made it”, but I still have hope that I can find winners that are willing to PROVE their success using one of those websites which actually show MT4 records in real time on one of these websites…

Peace out and success to all :wink:

Have you considered the idea of developing your own edge in the market?

Can you elaborate on that?! I try to give myself an edge by trading with the trend, and have slowly moved up from 5M and 15M timeframes to 4H and 1D timeframes, but I’m still getting my ass kicked no matter what strategy I try… At this point, I’m at the stage where I’m just seeing if anyone here is actually consistently winning and can prove it… Of course, I could try every system I find here thread by thread, but honestly, it takes at least one month to test each system thoroughly. As you’ve got over 1000 posts here, would you be so kind as to point me to a thread/strategy which you currently use and which actually makes you money? I’m still in demo mode and am willing to try anything :slight_smile:

Try being here for 6 years! Done them all and still testing. Even if you found someone that was doing what you’re looking for, just because they are sucessful with whatever system they use, doesn’t mean you will be unfortunately. There are many reasons why. Just keep trying, that’s what I’m doing… and maybe get a little more involved with others using the same or similar system in the forums :wink:

I mean to figure it out on your own and actually give it time. I remember chasing butterflies with Sweet Pip years ago. I bounced around a lot searching.

Then I decided to just give it a go on my own. I decided a methodology and committed to it for at least 90 days. And it was rough because I didn’t have all the kinks worked out yet. But now everything is rolling along smoothly. I found an edge and maintained it through good times and bad.

Yes, I have found the near-invincible system developed by Akatom2u. It involves a 7 EMA and a 50 EMA, that’s it. Best used on the 15M timeframe or higher. Let the 7 EMA be yellow, and the 50 EMA be blue. The system is invincible because after straying away from the blue line (50 EMA), the yellow line(7 EMA) will eventually come back to the blue line GUARANTEED. So when the yellow line is at peak away from the blue, SELL if above, BUY if below. Take profit when the 2 lines cross, or when the yellow line crosses and peaks at the opposite end. This way you can either take profit or break even. Explanation in picture.

Another slightly less invincible system is the MBFX indicator or COG indicator that uses polynomial method. It serves the function of Bollinger Bands, trend indicator, and support resistance all at once. It has buy / sell zones so when the price line touches the buy zone, BUY, and when it touches the sell Zone, SELL. Best to use this on multiple timeframes namely the 1M, 5M, 15M, 30M and 1H timeframe to check the most possible outcome. Because when the line is in the sell zone in M1 timeframe, and in the buy zone in M5 timeframe, they are conflicting. So it’s safer to follow the higher timeframe and buy. The line will almost always obey at least one of the timeframe’s zones and react accordingly. here’s a picture.

Indicator can be found here: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/44289-belkhayate-system.html

Third method is to use correlation strategy. That is, buy one currency pair, and sell another currency pair that moves the same way, i.e EUR/USD and GBP/USD move roughly the same way and in the same general direction, so using an overlay chart, if EUR/USD is below GBP/USD on the chart, you buy EUR/USD and sell GBP/USD. When the 2 pairs converge or cross, a net profit will emerge, so take profit at this point. The great thing about this strategy is that so long as the pairs remain correlated, you will always get profit and be protected from heavy losses.

Here’s another. It uses simply the normal blue Bollinger Bands of period 20 deviation 2, and the red Bollinger Bands of period 50, deviation 2. This one is called the BREAK AND RE-ENTRY system. It catches breakouts and eventual trends. Here’s how it works. When the line (price) breaks above or below both the blue and red Bollinger Bands or BBands, it signals a buy/sell. So BUY when the line breaks above, SELL when the line breaks below. Take profit when the line re-enters the red BBands or when both the line and blue BBands re-enter the red BBands.

Thanks man! Have just begun looking the first one…found the thread about it here…http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/43875-simple-7-forex-trading-strategy.html

Sorry to say mate but its not the strategy or system, its you. Its takes years to learn to be consistently profitable and going through every strategy trying it for a little and then changing again is a good way to ensure little to no progress.

There is also this system called the Holy Grail, because it is the improvement of the 7MA 50MA system. This uses 100 EMA as a blue line, together with 25,15,15 Stochastic oscillator and a 75,45,45 Stochastic oscillator, and the rule is, SELL when the price strays above the 100 EMA and the 25,15,15 Stochastic has peaked above 80, and BUY when the price has strayed below the 100 EMA and the 25,15,15 Stochastic has lowered below 20. Take profit either when the price returns to and crosses the 100 EMA, or when the 25,15,15 Stochastic peaks in the opposite direction.

DON’T trade when the 75,45,45 Stochastic (dark blue) is above 80, or below 20. This indicates a strong trend and the price would have moved to the loss position before it meets up with the 100 EMA.

Let me add another. This one uses the normal 20 Bbands deviation 2, 100 Bbands also deviation 2, and 300 Bbands. Buy/sell when the price breaks all 3 bands. Take profit when price re-enters all 3. Rare occurrence though, so buy/sell also when price breaks one or 2 of the bands.

sprotz, thanks for sharing! Kindly please share the EU,GU overlay chart indicator if you have. Thanks!

The most fundamental thing to realize is what constitutes a market, be it currencies or bonds or the silk and spices market of ancient Asia. In adaptive agent modeling techniques, each agent (a trader in this case) interacts with others with a rational objective of maximizing profit. Now if everyone wants to profit, and given that resources are finite and well distributed, certain agents of course have to lose (though its not a zero sum game in long term).

The key here is, if you keep hopping from one methodology to another without making a near perfect understanding of the market dynamics, what is the probability that you would end up being a long term winner purely by chance? And once you develop the understanding, its not too difficult to develop a system on your own and optimize it to suit your objectives.

Often you would find people commenting that mean reverting spreads strategy wont work (referred to as correlation in a post above). Sure it does not in all cases as it is not pure arbitrage, but you can tune it make it statistically profitable on some inactive cross pairs for short term scalping. Example: trading AUDUSD and NZDUSD is similar to trading AUDNZD. But when pacific markets are closed, you can profit from the divergence between these two pairs. Stop trading in the event of strong unidirectional movement in AUDNZD. Though it is not a highly profitable strategy, but has a high profit factor once it is optimized.

Edit: The current issue of FX trader magazine also has an interesting institutional strategy. Search this forum after reading the article “the art of day trading”. You probably would want to optimize it rather than following it in raw format.

Awesome thread! I second the comment about the issue may be you. I too floated around from idea to idea for 2 years and have only recently decided its better to trade the range than the trend because the trends are just now as often and as strong as they used to be. So I now trade the formation of short term trends or riding counter waves using fractals and drawing lines between the last 2 tops and last 2 bottoms. If the line points down for tops or up for bottoms but not too steep, then I trade the break of that line.

I backtested this on GBPUSD daily charts for 5 years and got 70% accuracy with an average move of around 400pips. I am now forward testing this on 6 pairs in a demo account and working out a good MM strategy.

You’ve been here six years and you’re an FX-Men Honorary member… you must have the low-down on some profitable systems, mechanical, discretionary or otherwise?

Once you work with the 3 ducks system you will be sold. Now in 3rd year with great results.