The Z Pattern

sounds great :)!

Did anyone else enter these setups on EUR/NZD 4 Hr and EUR/CAD 4 Hr? They are both looking good so far. If only one of the two hits TP, it would still net a nice profit. Of course, they are both EUR trades so if EUR decides to make a sudden turn to the south, then that won’t be good. We’ll see.

According to some of Kasravi’s methodologies I would say that the EURNZD broke too far south to consider an entry. But then again thats just me basing my opinion on some of the trades he’s opted not to enter because of the way the currency moved south.

Hope it works out for you though!

Best
Ron

I decided to close EUR/CAD at 1.4035 for +65 pips. There is a resistance level at 1.4040 that was tested twice but failed to close above. Also, the trend is bearish on the daily chart. So I took the money. Can’t complain about a 65 pip gain.

Taking this trade on the 4hr time frame GBPCAD if the entry is triggered. Its after conventional trading hours so I would like everyones input. Kasravi when do we consider trading the asian session?

Best
Ron

What pair and time frame are you looking at?
Never mind, I see it now.

Ron,
That is a very good setup on GBP/CAD. The only thing to watch out for is the GBP inflation report hearings on Tuesday at 10:00 AM GMT. These news could cause a big move on the currency. (Note the times shown below are USA CST).

Nice one. That’s where I was looking to get out if I had taken it. Since I don’t normally take trades before the first US session, I passed on it. Not to mention I didn’t have much confidence in it hitting classic TP. It still may, but wasn’t for me. I’ve been waiting to short this pair today.

Actually, as soon as I closed my ZP long, I opened a short position on this one.

EUR/NZD was having problems breaking past the 1.5900 round number. I decided to tighten my SL and lock in some profit. I was finally stopped at 1.5887 for +140 pips. Not bad at all.

Your a head of me then, I’m currently waiting on a HR3 entry to be filled. Will see how it goes :slight_smile:
Your initial trade gets filed in my would have, could have file :35:

i closed my eur nzd with 160 pips profit … awesome trade :slight_smile: now short gbpcad
thanks for spotting it !

Very nice trade. It’s a lot better to sit out and wait for trades like this one, than to try to force a lot of small trades. They don’t come too often but when they do, we’ll be ready.

I decided to stay out GBP/CAD short.

Good luck

:slight_smile: yes patience is the way to win in this market. be strict and patient :slight_smile: oso be on the look out for fundamental news.

Good going guys!

Im in the short GBPCAD took out a few pips and closed!
Kasravi how is that step by step coming along? :smiley: Also what news do we consider when trading the asian session or any for that matter?

Best
ROni

Currently in a EURUSD short position.

Has anyone developed an exit strategy for Z Pattern trades, other than just waiting until either TP or SL is hit? It is demoralizing to have a trade deep in profit to then have it reverse before hitting TP and then hitting SL.

Case in point is the recent GBP/CAD 4 Hr trade recently posted by roni25. The setup looked good, it had a 110 pip profit potential, 1:1.6 R/R, and the entry was with the daily trend. By all measures, it was a very good trade. I decided not to place my order because of upcoming GBP news while I slept. When I woke up, I saw that the news helped the trade and was then already in good profit and too late for me to enter. Here is chart:

The price reached a profit of 59 pips before it reversed and went all the way beyond the SL. I was lucky I did not take the trade.

On the same day that roni25 posted the GBP/CAD setup, I closed out manually 2 trades I was in. EUR/CAD 4 Hr had TP at 220 pips but I decided to close it out at 65 pips when it appeared that it had hit a resistance area. The price is still stuck near the same area so it appears to have been a good decision, although it may still rally and hit the original TP

EUR/NZD 4 Hr had TP of 170 pips but I decided to take 140 pip profit. The price continued up and went beyond TP easily. I have no complaint about taking a 140 pip win.

I am thinking about incorporating into my trading plan a strategy of taking profits early on trades with big TP (maybe larger than 100 pips?). I may take half of my position off at 50% of TP and move the remaining position to BE. Something along these lines. The problem with trades with big TP’s is that it can take several days to reach and a lot of news can happen in between to affect the trade.

It is difficult to develop a proper exit strategy without a lot of backtesting. The important thing is to have the exit strategy defined before the trade in order to remove emotions from the decision making while managing the trade. I let my emotions rule on the 2 winning trades I mentioned earlier. Although I still managed to take a good profit, this is not a good way to manage trades.

I thought I would throw out these thoughts.

Good trading,
Hector

I have to agree with some of the things Hector ha said in his post above. More and more trades are biting the dust due to price reversing due to fundamental factors such as the news. I think Kasravi should step in and walk us through a few live setups including everything he looks for to enter.

I entered what looked like a perfect Z pattern on the OIL and lost out again! After trading this strategy for 3 months I can say that no strategy can guarantee consistency. Yes I have had a few winners but there have also been equivalent losses. I think there is alot of room for improvement and tweaks for the Z pattern i.e (Entering in Asian session, What news to consider, What to do in when trade reverses against you, etc).

Best
Roni

Another classic example of trades reversing if this hits S/L… Didnt make it to TP but im still in the trade.

Hi All,

First of all give yourselfs a good pat on the back. There were some really good Setups posted lately.
Secondly, I was and still to some extend are super busy at the time being. But as promised will try my best to get some decent analysis going.

Best