Sam 1 Trading System

the 4 cci indicator ain’t there in the zip file, please post it, thanks!

Looks quite interesting.

Obviously this does not require you to sit in front of the computer the whole day though, especially when you have full time work during the day also, which is good…

So basically you only use it on these three pairs though?

And time frame is 4hr… Have you considered going up to daily time frame??

Also could you maybe post the 4cci here or could we add it ourselves maybe?

yes pipin i tried it on daily time frame but there were 2 problems :
1- the opportunities were very rare .
2- the SL was very big .

so i think we can work on this and find solutions.

The second thing about these three pairs i found that the best results were with it.

This was the first chance in Oct. and it was today on gbpjpy pair and it went +75 pips hitting my TP1 then it reversed .

Download the zip file again and you will find the 4cci indicator.

Total for last week:

1Trade hit tp1 for +50 pips profit

Sorry for being late to post this.

But last week we had only 1 chance and it was on EURJPY pair and as is shown on the attached pic the price went and hit my TP1 for +50 pips profit then went back and hit my BE stop

so for the 2nd week for the strategy:

1 trade hit tp1 for +50 pips

This week we have more than 1 chance till now .

The first one was yesterday for gbpjpy and it hits my TP1 and still active with SL @ BE.

Entry was @ 157.700

The 2nd one was yesterday too and it was for eurjpy pair and it is still active and didn’t hit my tp yet but i think it is on the way.

Entry was @ 133.520

So, is the CCI being used to detect trend instead of overbought/sold with this system?

I’m looking at how each indicator is actually being used to try and fully understand the reasoning as to why the system may work.

yes irvinfitness the CCI is used to detect trend in this strategy

Total trader for the last week:

2 Trades:

1- EURJPY : Hit my tp2 for +100 pip profit
2- GBPJPY : Hit my tp2 for +100 pip profit

TOtal : +200 pips profit

Thanks for the verification!

Sounds like a pretty nice week for just 2 trades! Congrats!

I’ve looked at a quick backtest for this and it definitely looks very interesting. Setting the TP levels is definitely key and I’m wondering if a trailing stop after your first TP is hit would help you maximize the second half of the position. Something like 75-80 pips or so seems about right for both EJ and GJ from what I reviewed in my backtest. For the two trades from last last week, this would have resulted in fewer pips, but it would help you catch the 500+ pips moves. Have you thought about this at all or do you have any experience with it?

[QUOTE=“irvinfitness;556158”] Thanks for the verification! Sounds like a pretty nice week for just 2 trades! Congrats! I’ve looked at a quick backtest for this and it definitely looks very interesting. Setting the TP levels is definitely key and I’m wondering if a trailing stop after your first TP is hit would help you maximize the second half of the position. Something like 75-80 pips or so seems about right for both EJ and GJ from what I reviewed in my backtest. For the two trades from last last week, this would have resulted in fewer pips, but it would help you catch the 500+ pips moves. Have you thought about this at all or do you have any experience with it?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing your thoughts irvin

Trailing stop is a nice idea and i use it already but after my TP 2 is hit but the problem is the pairs we are dealing with in this system are too volatile so in most cases trailing stop is being hit early.

Ok that makes sense. I do have a question regarding the weekend gaps. Do you typically trade them if the rules are met? For example: EJ just had a decent gap over the weekend and met the rules for a long entry. Did you take this trade?

sorry irvinfitness for the late reply.

About your question : yes i took this trade and i take any trade that met the rules even it is the week start or at news times or any thing else.

This week we had 2 trades, both were for EJ pair the first was the one irvinfitness was asking about (28-10-2013) and the second was (29-10-2013) and both hit my TP1 for +50pips for each one so :

Total for the week is +100 pips profit.

Hi dmsami,

Thanks for sharing your trading plan.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more from this thread.

At the end of October here are our results for the month:

1st week :1 trade +50 pips
2nd week :1 trade +50 pips
3rd week :2 trades +200 pips
4th week :2 trades +100 pips

so we had 6 trades all were winning trades and gave us 400 pips for October.

Hope that was useful for every one and i will be happy if someone have any idea for developing this system with me.

Ok, so for that trade, you must have had a RR less than 1:1 then… That was going to be another question that I had, if you will take a trade when the RR is not in your favor. In this case, the trade moved against you more than 50 pips, but then did bounce back up to the +50 level. I set my stop too tight (not on the last swing as you outlined) and therefore got stopped out on this one, but it looks like if you apply the rules strictly the system works well.

Thanks for addressing my question and thanks again for sharing the system and your results. Looking forward to seeing what November brings!