My Very Successful System

I’ve only been trading Forex (with a demo account) for a little over a month. My Forex education is nowhere complete, and I’m trying to learn as much as possible every day. I’ve developed a system that is working well for me, and figured I would share it. While I don’t completely understand everything the indicators are showing, or everything about how they work, I do know that my method is almost always producing winners for me.

I’m using it as an intraday or scalping system on M1 charts, but I think it would work on others as well. It has also worked with any pairs I’ve tried it with. Obviously I’m using pretty well known methods with these indicators, but the exact combination and trade points I’m using seems to work particularly well. For the past two weeks I’ve averaged more than 50 pips/day, with only a few losses of less than 6 pips each.

Strategy consists of 3 indicators
FXUltraTrend
SFX Trend or Range Indicator
MACD + Flat Market Detector

Optional:
Trailingator

(Sorry, can’t include links yet)

Here is how it works:
I load all of the indicators, and set a horizontal line in the SFX TOR window, slightly above the level where recent breakouts have happened.

I sell only if ALL of these things happen:
[ol]
[li]FX Ultra Trend is red
[/li][li]SFX TOR yellow line has crossed red line while both are below cyan line (and is above or has crossed pink breakout line)
[/li][li]MACD + Flat Market Detector exits bottom of the dotted line range and has a straight or increasing decline for at least 3 or 4 bars
[/li][/ol]
I buy only if ALL of these things happen (Same thing just opposite):
[ul]
[li]FX Ultra Trend is blue
[/li][li]SFX TOR yellow line has crossed red line while both are below cyan line (and is above or has crossed pink breakout line)
[/li][li]MACD + Flat Market Detector exits top of the inside range and has a straight or increasing incline for at least 3 or 4 bars
[/li][/ul]
I absolutely do not make a trade if
[ul]
[li]SFX TOR Yellow line jumps above pink line at less than about a 65 degree angle
[/li][li]MACD + Flat Market Detector is in a decreasing arc (except if it’s a significant quick moving arc)
[/li][/ul]
I close a position when
[ul]
[li]The MACD + Flat Market Detector enters the dotted line range, but I usually wait until right when it’s about to cross
[/li][/ul]
Closing the position can be subjective depending on how much risk you want to take, but I’ve found that the above method works very well. I usually manage the stop/loss myself, but sometimes have Trailingator handle it.

Before I make another trade, I will usually wait until the SFX TOR indicator settles down and flattens out so I can make a new breakout level.

So that’s my method, which works well for my style of trading. I know this is a pretty common technique with moving averages, MACD, etc, and it’s probably very similar to what a lot of people are using. I’m just sharing my experience. It also doesn’t catch every trend, and has failed a couple of times, but I keep my stop/loss around 7 pips and will sometimes close before it even hits that.

Here is a 50+ pip example:

I would love to try this but I do not know some of these indicators – FXUltra Trend, SFXtrend, Range Indicator, Flat Market Detector. Are these standard on some brokers? I am not asking for links, just want to know.
Are you trading on a live real money account?
Thanks

Sorry, no they’re not standard indicators. I would have linked to them, but I don’t have enough posts. I’m on a demo account right now, but going to start on a modest live account next Tuesday.

Emergent, did you start you live account and could you post some results and any update on your approach??

Hi emergent

Your strategy looks interesting. Start live trading with this and post your charts here.
Good luck

Hey Emergent

Good looking strategy, how does your back testing look on this?

What is your risk reward ratio over a week and month?

Also where do you get these indicators from though as they do not come standard on most mt4.

Good luck with this if it works well for you then stick with it, although I would suggest going through a few of the basic stuff on the school of pips that is on this site, some very informative stuff, and it can help you learn what these indicators purposes are.

What is the purple line on the SFX Tor graph…ie how do I get this on mine? when you get the indi it doesn’t come with this… if it’s a setting please do let me know!
Many thanks