Trading System Game

Hello,

i search for a trading game where i can connect my trading system to test the performance. i want not only to make backtests, i want that my system real trade. Have anyone an idea to where can i make this?

Hi, I am going to be using Oanda FXgame. I think it is supposed to be pretty easy for begginers. Before you start testing your system you should just mess around with the program to get a feel for the layout of the software, that is what I have been doing lately. Just google fxgame and youll find their website. Good Luck!

I found programs that you can manually test a system or yourself using historical data. One is called the forexinterbank simulator, another is forex tester. Of the two Forex Tester is the better written progam and if you know Delphi or C# you can program it. Forex Interbank is to be polite a bit kludgey and has to be adjusted to run on Vista. I think the design philosophy of the interbank simulator is to let you practice manually and provides news events so you can practice making a fortune with the payroll report or whatever. It’s also about half the price (65.00 US) of tester. Theres a TesterLite but I don’t recommend it. I don’t think it’s expandable and you get fewer indicators no parabolicSAR etc for 99.00. The programable version is 135.00. If you want to test a system there’s tones of programs. There’s also MT4, Ninja Trader etc, etc. It all depends on the level or your technical expertise. Sims will teach you faster than online games.

Just for completenesss I came across the following Testing Visualization: Manual Trading - MQL4 Articles this is an mt4 add on program that will let you backtest your system manually against historical data. If you use MT4 which is free you can install the two addons for free. They work very well, giving you a record of your transaction and allow you to place Sell limit Order, Buy limit and so on. The program is a bit pokey compared to the other simulators but I consider this a minor problem whereas I consider the other simulators a bit too fast and I had to pause them frequently. You can also single step through the charts if your an anxious type. You can personalize the code and the article shows you exactly what to do to change the trading parameters to you prefered values. You don’t have to be a program to do this. IMHO this is the hands down winner. Make sure that you install a decent version of MT4 with a bunch of indicators and templates.

hello,

i find das metatrader and mql4 not so good, I want test my Java-System and not a mql4 system. And oanda ther is the test period to small i want test my system over 3-6 months. and i want not pay 500$ per month to test my system.

Thanks for the info in this thread. HOwever, I have the following question:

Where do you find/download historical data for the currency pairs in which you are interested?

Hello,

you can parse the values from metatrader. You must implement a script. When you search for held. send me an email to <[email protected]>

I am using the meta4 addon program which was doing well when I was trading in US markets but when I switched to Asian markets then I started facing problems. What I am interested in knowing is that is there any thing in functionality of the systems in different market??

Had some problems with the USD/JPY not sure why, but if you take the paramters of your trade first without selecting a buy/sell option the addon stops working. This is defnitely a bug. Sometimes it only takes the first transaction and stops working after that. One thing that I found that helps is create new template with the USD/YEN and the addons and use that rather than the generic template.

EUR/USD no problems. It’s a bit quirky with the yen. Didn’t know this when I wrote the review.

Oanda and Forex Club both have good trading simulations. Neither one expires.