Rubber Band Trade

Yeah the drawdowns are big my biggest draw down on one of my trades was about 700pips but it was a while back and on this trade I had a stop loss of 1000 pips and the trade went like 600pips in negative as I entered a little early but it went good from there :smiley: and I had yo ask onething that what do you look when you enter.except for support/resistance. In my case I look for a stochastic crossover to confirm the entry what about you?

When I see a daily chart rb trade and it is at support or resistance , then I go to the 1 hour chart or 4 hour chart. Then I look for a candle signal like a large wick on the 4 hour. Or I try to spot a channel on the 1 hour. If I am selling and I find a channel I sell at the top of the channel , for example.
Another way is I draw a trend line on the 1 hour. If it breaks the trend line I enter.
Entry is tough.

This is a recent nzdcad rb trade . sell trade

Daily Chart

Here is the 1 hour channel entry and exit. Zero draw down . This takes a bit of guess work to assume the channel is being created at this spot. But if you have a daily chart rb trade and you trust it, then guessing a channel is being created is probably a good bet.

Of course you can just enter on the daily chart at what you believe is support or resistance . Or a good candle signal. Then just stay in to the 50 line. Put your limits 20 pips above if you are selling or 20 pips below the 50 line if you are buying.
Don’t push it , take your profit and go on to the next trade. “Make Pips , Keep Pips”
Rb Trades come and go in spurts. Sometimes no trade for a week or more, then we get 6 all at once.

These are what my daily charts look like while I wait for a rb trade. While I wait I trade my demo.

AUDCAD just a trend line and a 50 line

AUDNZD A support line and trend line

EURAUD support and resistance lines and a trend line. Also have a dotted line at where I think the 50 line may flatten out. The high resistance line is from a past high off the chart.

GBPAUD Same as the euraud support and resistance lines and a trend line. The high resistance line is from a past high off the chart.

I don’t know how I will enter these trades when I see the RB set up. But this is what a few of my charts look like while I wait.

Nice charts gives a good idea of entry as well as.use oftrend lines I wish you were online more :stuck_out_tongue: we could learn god stuff from you :smiley: anyway I try to stay away from the flat line and concentrate more on the trades where the line is in our direction. Whenever I had some losers the line was always flat but every time the line was in our favour the trade went positive. Any views on that? And I can´t post charts at the moment but my chart has got bollinger bands set at 50 with stochastic whenever the price reaches the upper or the lower bb and the line is in our direction than I wait for the stochasticc cross to enter …

I agree I only like the 50 line angled in the direction of the trade as well.

This is a 4 hour chart of the NZDUSD The horizontal line at the bottom is a support line. The white line is the 4 hour 50 line and the blue line is the daily chart 50 line.
As you can see the price is near support and the blue daily chart 50 line is flat.

Maybe this pair will get caught in the Rubber Band and begin to head up towards the daily chart 50 line.

.7780 may be a good target. About 100 pips from the current price .

I am thinking of ways to enter this nzdusd RB Trade.

Here is a 15 minute chart with a 50 line and a trend line that I had drawn.
Maybe enter long on a break and close of the trend line and the 15 minute 50 line.

Maybe target .7750 for around 50 or 60 pips after the break and close above the trend line.

After it hits 50 or 60 pips then close half of your position and let the rest go for the daily chart 50 line.

here is an RBT opportunity on the AUD/CHF chart

the sma is in our direction. Waiting for stochastic crossover at the moment to enter.

NZDUSD never worked out. I took a weekly RB TRADE GBPCAD Maybe 210 pips. This is how RB trades should look when they are at their best. A steep angle on the 50 line in the direction of the trade. I don’t really check the weekly charts much, but when I saw this I got in. I may take me for a bumpy ride. I will try to stay with it. Not to far to go.

I chickened out of this trade I guess I should have waited but I closed it too early Lack Of Confidence I suppose anyway congratulations you won some nice pips there buddy :slight_smile: any other RB trade you’re looking on?

I don’t normally trade the RB on the 1 hour, but this looked good I am currently in this trade with a 60 pip target.
Every Rubber Band Trade should look like this.
The down fall is … it’s the 1 hour time frame. This could go the other way real fast. But I am confident.
We shall see .
I am currently neg. 26 pips. Entry is still the hard part on any time frame.

I did trade the gbpnzd 4hr rb on thurs afternoon for 67 pips. and friday morning for 22 pips. Those were both buy’s.
This pair moves real fast. If you are a scalper maybe get into this 1 hour sell trade.

Since I posted the gbpnzd 1 hour rubber band trade above. I thought I should mention the pairs that move opposite.
GBPNZD AND NZDUSD

EURNZD AND NZDCHF

Here are the current 1 hour charts of these pairs.
If you like scalping as I do , I hope you try these 4 rb trades. Everyone should at least get into these trades on a demo account.
These have the classic Rubber Band Trade requirements.
50 line angled in the direction of the trade.

Good Luck

GBPNZD 1hour

NZDUSD 1 hour

EURNZD 1 hour

NZDCHF 1 hour

I will demo these but they are h1 TF ? Do they work?

I don’t know if they will work or not. My guess is that they will head to the line. But , the line may also move to meet the price. Maybe, put your limit half way to the line. Or just keep an eye on it and and manually close the trade.
1 hour tf on these pairs moves fast, so make some pips if it goes in our direction and close and get out.

gbpnzd broke previous high so i got out

You are on the right path here of only taking trades with the trend. However,

1. You close out of trades way too early. Ride the trend until it ends.

2. The 50 SMA is a poor definition of the trend. Basic Elliot Wave (something about swing highs and lows) is all you need. If you really need a moving average as a crutch, try a 20 EMA instead.

This is a pic of aud/jpy pair the weekly TF and a bullish hammer has formed on the weekly chart and now if you go to the daily chart that is in the below picture you see that the 50 SMA line is also favouring the bullish setup so I guess it would be a good setup to enter the market as the price is still like 500-800 pips away from the SMA? share your views please?

I would agree with you on what you are seeing.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/70714-astroforex-course-uk.html