The 3 Duck's Trading System

Thank you for sharing the results. Could you please share your myfxbook or some screens of the trades, so we can learn something?

He is trading the private “Advanced” system, as opposed to the public “Basic” system. If he posts his trades, people will ask why he took them, and he wont be able to answer. It might be more fair if he just said what pairs he had traded, and what his monthly results were.

I don’t use Myfxbook. The Captain provides tips and guidelines for screening trade opportunities in the Advanced course that he does not provide in the Basic course. For this reason, I can’t post in a public forum my reasons for entering most of my trades. I will gladly answer any questions that do not violate the confidentiality of the Advanced course.

Would I be asking anyone to violate their oath of secrecy if I asked are the 4 hour,1 hour and 5 minute time frames for the basic and the advanced course? If the answer is yes, then if you post a screen of where you entered (not why or when), along with your stop loss and take profit if you used them again not why or when, I actually think more basic traders might shift to the advanced court.

If you’re not comfortable doing that why don’t you post the pair, the entry #. the stop loss and take profit if you used them, with no reasons why. If whoever and I trade the same pair, I’m following the basic 3 ducks and the whoever is applying the advance course, even if the whoever’s numbers are the same or a little less, when you take into consideration everything else that comes with the advanced it will be easy to see the value or look into the advance more. If whoever’s numbers are better than mine and I like the basic course, to me it seems a no brainer to get the advanced as soon as you can afford it
I’m not trying to start anything or derail or hy-jack just my observation and my opinion

Gp

I’ll post some of my trade orders next week and see how that works out. I enter all my trades as Stop Orders so it can take a few hours for an order to fill or I may cancel the order before it fills. I’ll have to remember to post when I cancel an order.

I place most of my orders at night during the Asian session (I live in US central time). Most of the orders get filled around the London session open and will either hit my SL or TP while I sleep. If the order is still open when I wake up I will usually cancel the order.

Don’t think I am saying to much by stating that the advanced course is mainly about stop loss and profit targets and filtering out ‘bad trades’.

All the principle in the free e-book are still in place and those are the main drivers of the system.

To me its a good value for money since the price of the course is like 1/10 of a lost trade.

AUD/USD

The H4 and H1 charts are bearish with current price below the SMA 60. Waiting for the M5 to break below the SMA 60 for the 3rd Duck to line up .

Stop order placed to Short at 0.7770. SL 0.7795, TP 0.7740

I’m trying something a little different. I’m looking at shorting the EUR/NZD and CAD/JPY, and going long on GBP/AUD. I eliminated currencies that have 3 red exclamations on fxstreet’s economic calendar, which got rid of the USD trades.

Why don’t you do the Advanced one on one course and learn that way? It’s not dear for what you get and you won’t be compromising people who have done the course themselves?

My AUD/USD trade hit SL for -26 pips

Perhaps you shoulda put a wider stop in. You would have bagged profits today.

Currently myfxbook shows risk of ruin to be .01 for 10% of account which will require 8 consecutive losing trades. But i wouldn’t trust any of these stats until there is at least 6 months or more of history. I’m not at the 6 month mark on the real account yet.

Here are some stats:

Longs Won: (10/13) 76%
Shorts Won: (25/34) 73%
Average Win: 142.42 pips / $33.94
Average Loss: -111.50 pips / -$28.92
Avg. Trade Length: 3d

My risk/Return ratio fluctuates. It’s not set in stone.

Greetings Duck Hunters,

Wooser … the Greek minister gave Eur.Usd a bit of a boost yesterday but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Eur.Usd turning back down in the coming sessions.

For now I’d be a “Sitting Duck” on Eur.Usd and some other pairs after recent counter-trend rallies.

A bit of carefulness needed too, we have a Bank of England interest rate statement this Thu (5th) and on Fr (6th) we have the Non-Farm Payrolls, so staying safe is the name of the game!

Andy
Captain Currency

I have at least one pair for Monday action USD/JPY:

File “2096564924_ LMAX-LiveUK - [USDJPY.lmx,H1] 2015-02-08 18.31.06.png”

I would be very careful going long this pair at a break of the top especially if it happens during the Asian session.

Price has moved to far to fast and is due more of a pull back than it has gotten so far.

I would go long on this pair as well but the stoploss will need to be tight as its coming near to resistance on the monthly chart.

But play it safe and short EURUSD and EURGBP.

Didn’t 3 Ducks give a buy signal for USD/JPY at 117.72 at 13:30 GMT last Friday? I didn’t get long until 14:20 when it broke the 10 day high at 118.90.

It seems to me that 5min

Friday was a big news day. From page 1 of this thread, “Take care to watch what is going on around you - economic new releases, holidays etc.” You can check for pending news on FXStreet’s “Economic Calendar”.

I skipped the USD/JPY because the chart looks scary, just like all the CHF pairs. Isn’t it better to look for something trending?