The 3 Duck's Trading System

I’ll take a stab at this question until the Captain can answer for you. The answer is, it’s really up to you. The exact entry criteria, as well as trade management are sort of up to the individual with this system. Generally, the Captain recommends to wait until all 3 ducks are lined up, and then wait for a break of the last high. So in the example you posted above, the entry would be when price breaks above the highest high in that screenshot (that’s at least how I usually place my entries). Again though, it’s really up to your discretion.

Eur.Usd favours sellers, its a simple as that guys …

A 4 hour trend that always wanted to go south over the last few weeks was helped by Friday’s news which really helped keep those cuddly Bears in control on the Eur.Usd pair.

No doubt we’ll probably see some hourly rallies up but I’d be thinking sellers will be ready to come back in and bash the price down again.

Overall, a quick Monday morning market scan and it looks like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

Selling set-ups on:
Eur.Usd
Gbp.Usd
Aud.Usd

Buying set-ups on:
Usd.Cad
Usd.Jpy

Good trading for this week Trend Traders,

Andy
Captain Currency

With this I would wait for a new entry all together, once a entry played out its best to let it be. When price crossed back over where you have circled, I would’ve waited for price to hit the new high before entering and treat it like a new entry. But this is me, not a set in stone thing, like PoPip said it really depends on you.

Dear Captain Currency,

Thank you so much for sharing this great system. I started reading your topic few days ago and opened a few trade.
However, most of my trade only manage to earn /lost few pips (within 10 pips).
Just wondering ,how you manage to gain 40 ~ 100pips based on 5min charts .

Thank you and best regards,
Isaac

Like any trading approach you’ll have to be prepared to kiss a few frogs before you get your prince Isaac!

Sure you can run into a string of small losing trades and you’ll wonder whats happening, then you could hit a big (or medium) winning trade.

Be sure to check out page 10 of the 3 Ducks eBook - Running a Winning Trade and also check out the bit of wisdom at the bottom of page 10 too.

Good trading to you for the week ahead Isaac,

Andy
Captain Currency

I’m hoping to get some movement in the direction of the trend(s) but with it been fairly light in terms of news this week and Thanksgiving throw-in on Thursday for good measure it could be somewhat of a dull week overall with maybe/hopefully one or two “moving days” …

A snapshot this Monday morning and it looks like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

Selling set-ups on:
Eur.Usd
Eur.Jpy
Eur.Gbp

Buying set-ups on:
Usd.Cad

Good trading for the week ahead Duck Hunters,

Andy
Captain Currency

Hey Andy,

I agree with the above, this week will be slow i bet, but next week we have some volatility and then the week after with the ECB i bet we will see some nice short moves in the EURO, due to easing of the policy.

All the success

Jason

Here’s hoping you’re bang-on Jason, you’ve got the thumbs-up from me!

Good trading for the week ahead,

Andy
Captain Currency

This week will speak largely for the EURO. let’s see what happens.

Price on the EURUSD is very erratic. Was looking to short but it retraced up to touch the sma. Order got triggered but closed it in time before it went long on me. Phew. Close call.

You must have super fast hands Fotovinic, well done!

For now I’d reckon the market is digesting the moves and considering next weeks FOMC decision.

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Greetings Duck Hunters,

Fed is expected to HIKE US interest rates this Wed coming (16th) to 0.5% from 0.25%.

Don’t ask me which direction Eur.Usd (or Gbp.Usd) will go … Too hard to call this one with Wed’s press conference been so closely watched (or listened to) for clues as to what may happen in the future.

For now, looking at the market this Monday morning it seems like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

Buying set-ups on:
Eur.Usd
Gbp.Usd

Selling set-ups on:
Usd.Jpy

Safe and profitable trading for the week ahead Duck Hunters,

Andy
Captain Currency

Merry Christmas Andy & duck regulars old & new
Have fun enjoying the holidays!
Looking forward to re-engaging with the thread next year.

All the best for 2016!

Hi just a quick question and I have scrolled through lots of pages to check but don’t find an answer,

Obviously by their nature MA’s lag. A lot of the time the 5m and 1h indicators are already have have price considerably below them, what’s the plan when the 4h hasn’t caught up and is above. Do you buy/sell as do as the 4h crosses of do you wait for the 1h and 5m to cross Again in the same direction??

You said it DoubleEcho, season greetings one ‘n’ all!

Andy
Captain Currency

Howdy Asagba, do you have a pair acting like the plot you’ve described?

It sounds to me like your 3 Ducks are [U]not[/U] lined up in the same direction, your 2nd Duck is [U]not confirming[/U] with your 1st Duck.

[B]Do you buy/sell?[/B] Now wouldn’t be the best time to jump-in for me, I’d prefer to risk nothing until I see how things develop in the coming trading session(s). If price does actually drop below the 4 hr sma it could turn me bearish or even neutral until the 4hr down-trend is established (making lower-lows and lower-highs). If price actually remains above the 4 hr sma I’d probably still be looking for the bullish trade set-ups if/when all 3 Ducks line-up in the same direction.

By-the-book, your 1st Duck I[/I] will always be your core starting block. If price on your 2nd Duck is not currently confirming it maybe because of a recent pullback within the main 4 hour trend.

Merry Christmas,

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Good morning, Andy.

On another website, I read that you normally trade only 9 pairs. If you’ve mentioned that fact, here in this thread, evidently I missed it.

So, I did a review of your posts (going back to the beginning) and wrote down the pairs that you have specifically referred to.

I came up with this list:

EUR/USD
EUR/JPY
EUR/GBP

GBP/USD
GBP/JPY

USD/JPY

AUD/USD

USD/CAD

USD/CHF

Is that an accurate list of the pairs that you monitor and trade on a regular basis?

I don’t recall your mentioning any of the NZD pairs. Am I right about that?

Thanks, and Happy New Year.

Hi all,
I am new to the forum and to FX trading. I started last year and got my ass kicked :slight_smile: I was bouncing around from system to system trying to find one that resonated with me and just basically trying to understand how everything works. I have discovered that I have no interest in watching charts all day so I was looking for a set and forget type system. I grabbed Andy’s advanced course last year (didn’t do the phone call) and implemented it for a bit before starting to add to it and mess around. It didn’t work out so well. So I decided to give it a go again this year with the small remaining balance in my account trading .01 lots and following the 3 Ducks to the letter. I set all of my trades at the Asian open and close my charts down until the next day where I assess their performance. Of the three trades I set yesterday and just closed to round out the week, one was 30 pips in profit, one was a 20 pip loss and one didn’t get triggered. Here is my first week of trading:

Knowing nothing of his advanced course, i’m assuming setting your charts up at the open of Asian business is following his advice to the letter spoof?

As a matter of curiosity, why didn’t you take him up on the call?
Good luck with it.

No, Andy states that there is no optimal time to place a trade as the trade will be in the market for a full 24 hours. The open of the Asian market is just a very convenient time for me. I didn’t take him up on the phone call because of laziness and I likely moved on to try different things. The 3 Ducks isn’t a glamourous or ***y system…I thought that trading was supposed to be riveting and exciting. Bah…I found trading on the short time frames to be stressful and emotional. The 3 Ducks lays out a perfectly sound and repeatable method of placing trades. I’m very curious to see how it plays out over the coming weeks.