The 3 Duck's Trading System

thanks Carmino and Perch. I’m grateful. When i first mucked around with Ducks , i was like “these 5min crossovers are giving me entrances into little consolidations, and 15min trends that are contrarian to the 4h trend.no way”. so the 5min chart didn’t go well for me. but i guess one could wait till these market states finish and then go in. just glad to be understanding things better and hopefully i’ll make it as a trader one day. however simple it is, i’m admiring my perseverance in all this.to the newcomers out there , i just want to say to keep fighting and remain calm. "it’s not how hard you hit but how many punches you can take " (rocky, it’s true in my life…).
saw a thread elsewhere and some people tried to trade the little ranges and were saying that they’re difficult to do. just something for me to keep in mind.but i got the duck’s anyway to go in after as you say.

Weekend analysis time. Maybe this will be helpful.

Looking at charts during London/US session eats the profits away. USD MXN short here:

I looked, saw 5m over MA and exited. More profits would be in the bag without my tinkering.

It looks that if there is strong momentum in the morning, it will go until evening.

Even here on kiwi, although pull back was quite strong, in the evening price came back to point before pull back.

In next week I will look 2 times during the day - before Frankfurt open and after London close.

GBP pairs would need to come back closer to H1 MA on Monday to consider entering short GBP. Do you think the same?

Click for larger version

From AUD family I would think AUD CHF short or EUR AUD long.

AUD CHF recently broke some very old demand/support zone. Price bounced from MA on 1h recently and is near it.

EUR AUD recently broke through supply zone, so no barrier to go higher.

Of course both are very correlated, so I will only choose one.

For people wondering if this method works outside forex.

I earned quite a lot on gold in last 2 weeks.

Other picks for Monday would be:

usd nok (if falls below 8.361)
usd mxn (if falls below 18.45)
usd sek (if falls below 8.676)
usd jpy
usd cad

I need to choose one. What would you choose?

This is my first post on babypips and I just got done reading all 293 pages of this thread and I must say that 193 of these pages full of lazy questions and stupid comments should be deleted. As much as I appreciate Andy’s contributions along with the rest of you I swear this thread has really tested my patience. So after 293 pages and not even reading the e-book (which I plan on doing Captain Ill be e-mailing you shortly or going to do a search for a download link first) this is what Ive come up with.

1.) A lot of you shouldn’t be trading period.
2.) No matter how many people have come out and said this isn’t meant to be automated or used with other indicators for some reason nobody can comprehend this and I’m not really sure why because its really simple.
3.) 90% of the people who have commented haven’t read anything period but the first page or so and expect people to spoon feed them the info.
4.) This is not a system its a guide to help you see the trend.
5.) There is a 60 period ma and a 4 hr, 1 hr, and 5 minute chart all with a 60 period sma on them… when the price is above or below the sma on all three charts and breaks the recent high or low on the 5 minute that is your buy signal… wtf is so hard about that? Its a top down approach there is no shortcuts you need to look at all 3 charts as they all tell you something different. Nowhere in this entire thread did the Captain come out and say squeeze all 3 time frames and sma’s on to one chart.
6.) Stop asking if the approach still works because once again its a guide… the approach depends on you.
7.) If you actually took time to read the thread you would know you can use this guide in any market.
8.) Don’t trade around important economic events.
9.) If you are doing anything other then whats described on page one of this thread go start your own thread.

Sorry for the negativity on my first ever post but some of these posts are flat out insulting.

Captain thank you for the system and sharing your findings. I have used what I know of the 3 ducks along with pairing the strongest and weakest pairs to trade it with for the last week or so since I have been following it and have definitely won more then I’ve lost. I hope to win many more trades with this guidance and look forward to reading your e-book as well. Thank you for sharing.

Yes, for the most part, you got it all (except for your point 2. which you negated by presenting point 6.)!

As it has been stated, this is a guide or method which depends on your own discretionary approach and hence, it cannot be automated as it stands. In order to automate it, you would still have to define several more specific rules and conditions in accordance to your own adaptation, but at that point, it is no longer a “guide” or “method”, but an exact recipe of your own adapted design for your specific application of it and it will therefore no longer be discretionary.

In essence, one could devise hundreds of automated variations yet still, have them all classified as “3 Ducks”, but each being completely different at the same time (some being profitable and others a complete and utter failure).

[B]EDIT: After reading over you post agian, I may have misunderstood point 2., and what you meant by “because it is really simple”, was that it it very simple to understand that it cannot be automated. If that is the case, my apologies for the misunderstanding.[/B]

hi sir, sma 60…ok how about input…simple,expo,smooth or linear?? tq

SMA means [B][U]s[/U][/B]imple [B][U]m[/U][/B]oving [B][U]a[/U][/B]verage

If you would just accept this:

You would save time and nerves by not trying to improve stupid people. I am sure in next few posts somebody will repeat the same bad behaviour.

Yes I meant simple as in the captain as well as numerous others (including yourself) have laid the system rules out and they are extremely easy to follow the rules are simple. I have noticed with the traders on here as well as other traders I know personally there seems to be a brain fart that occurs when you tell people “this is what it is” and its like for some reason they just cant seem to get it or don’t believe you lol.

Not to veer off topic but I’m starting to see there is a cloud of delusion that hovers over a lot of peoples heads in the trading world. By that I mean something can be right in front of someones face and it will be clear as day but the person will refuse to believe that its true for some reason… Example being the captain and everybody else saying hey this system requires one 60 period sma on 3 different charts and that’s it next thing you know you’re seeing people asking questions and posting chart pictures with bollinger bands, fib retracements, 2 crossing ema’s, a stoch indicator, macd indicator, atr indicator, pivot points, 200 different s & r lines wondering where an optimal entry point is and pestering people for their opinion lol its like man wtf cant you read?

The other thing that got to me was like the captain clearly put in a lot of time to figure this system out as simple as it is, the rest of you as well as myself have sat there reading through this entire thread and putting it to the test as the rules state and some people have spent years here contributing results and ideas and then here comes some random guy who doesn’t wanna do any reading, studying, system application or anything they just wanna skip everything and get spoon fed the meat of the thread its almost insulting to the captain and everybody else who put time and work into this system and thread over the last 10 years.

I’m done ranting though I don’t wanna be a downer to the thread I appreciate the work and dedication you have all put into this system. If nobody else appreciates you guys just know that I do.

You ae absolutely correct. This happens in most threads and it is highly annoying. If they can’t be bothered to at least read some of the posts, why should anyone be bothered to answer questions that have been asked and answered many times already.

it’s great seeing captain’s results on darwinex. some roughly 0 percent results in some months, then a few percent wins in other months. and that compounded translates into big returns (the power of compounding). just a few percent each month. that’s like e.g. 3% = 3R. so after say 20 trades, if your overall result is zero, that doesn’t mean it’s not working, even after say 30 trades it can happen. since the next 20 may produce some solid percent. not knowing this would have caught me out.
thanks again everyone for assistance

Sorry if you misunderstood me, I meant no disrespect at all that thread and the technical templates threads have been instrumental in my growth. When I say Bull**** I mean it’s full of music and banter and things not related to trading. But that’s how it’s supposed to be when you put a bunch of people who obviously know each other in a room together! So apologies if I seemed disrespectful, I love the 16 Candles thread!

No worries.
Posts & comments get misinterpreted all the time.
Life’s way too short :slight_smile:

Yeah, which was/is intentional.
We couldn’t really integrate that stuff on this thread, it simply wasn’t cool or fair to Andy so we bowed out from here & pitched up in the lobby.

The two approaches share similar themes, templates & objectives, ours just has a couple more bells to ring if the mood takes you.

Glad you enjoy the show.

Ps: a lot of duck related stuff is in rotation early week, but one or two standout candidates are quacking in full voice today – nzd v/s cad, chf or the usd + nasdaq to name but a couple.
Keep paddling folks, the ducks always locate calmer waters eventually!

I need to add an NZD pair to my watch list, atm it’s just comprised of the same pairs Andy follows. I’m in a USDJPY trade that I’ve been in since Tuesday lol, need to find a time where I need to cut a trade off, because it’s been going nowhere but I’m still positive so I stuck around! Need to get back to reading 16 candles!

Don’t you think EUR USD must pullback a little on 1h to MA to consider going long? Now it is stretched…

Anyone going short Crude Oil on Monday?

Hi @Captain_Currency .

I found your 3 duck trading system and as it was similar to the system I had already put in place I’ve started using your tactics. I read your e-book and have watched a few of your videos on youtube too.

I’m just curious, do you use a set amount of pips per trade for stop-loss, take-profit? Or is it different for each trade? I was doing around 40-60 each trade but it seemed like a lot so I’ve narrowed down to between 10-15 pips each way.
I’ve been learning for about 3 months now and demo trading across 4 different brokers for over a month, testing out their platforms trying to decide which one I feel most comfortable with to drop some capital into.
Thanks.

1 Like