The 3 Duck's Trading System

hi sir, sma 60…ok how about input…simple,expo,smooth or linear?? tq

SMA means [B][U]s[/U][/B]imple [B][U]m[/U][/B]oving [B][U]a[/U][/B]verage

If you would just accept this:

You would save time and nerves by not trying to improve stupid people. I am sure in next few posts somebody will repeat the same bad behaviour.

Yes I meant simple as in the captain as well as numerous others (including yourself) have laid the system rules out and they are extremely easy to follow the rules are simple. I have noticed with the traders on here as well as other traders I know personally there seems to be a brain fart that occurs when you tell people “this is what it is” and its like for some reason they just cant seem to get it or don’t believe you lol.

Not to veer off topic but I’m starting to see there is a cloud of delusion that hovers over a lot of peoples heads in the trading world. By that I mean something can be right in front of someones face and it will be clear as day but the person will refuse to believe that its true for some reason… Example being the captain and everybody else saying hey this system requires one 60 period sma on 3 different charts and that’s it next thing you know you’re seeing people asking questions and posting chart pictures with bollinger bands, fib retracements, 2 crossing ema’s, a stoch indicator, macd indicator, atr indicator, pivot points, 200 different s & r lines wondering where an optimal entry point is and pestering people for their opinion lol its like man wtf cant you read?

The other thing that got to me was like the captain clearly put in a lot of time to figure this system out as simple as it is, the rest of you as well as myself have sat there reading through this entire thread and putting it to the test as the rules state and some people have spent years here contributing results and ideas and then here comes some random guy who doesn’t wanna do any reading, studying, system application or anything they just wanna skip everything and get spoon fed the meat of the thread its almost insulting to the captain and everybody else who put time and work into this system and thread over the last 10 years.

I’m done ranting though I don’t wanna be a downer to the thread I appreciate the work and dedication you have all put into this system. If nobody else appreciates you guys just know that I do.

You ae absolutely correct. This happens in most threads and it is highly annoying. If they can’t be bothered to at least read some of the posts, why should anyone be bothered to answer questions that have been asked and answered many times already.

it’s great seeing captain’s results on darwinex. some roughly 0 percent results in some months, then a few percent wins in other months. and that compounded translates into big returns (the power of compounding). just a few percent each month. that’s like e.g. 3% = 3R. so after say 20 trades, if your overall result is zero, that doesn’t mean it’s not working, even after say 30 trades it can happen. since the next 20 may produce some solid percent. not knowing this would have caught me out.
thanks again everyone for assistance

Sorry if you misunderstood me, I meant no disrespect at all that thread and the technical templates threads have been instrumental in my growth. When I say Bull**** I mean it’s full of music and banter and things not related to trading. But that’s how it’s supposed to be when you put a bunch of people who obviously know each other in a room together! So apologies if I seemed disrespectful, I love the 16 Candles thread!

No worries.
Posts & comments get misinterpreted all the time.
Life’s way too short :slight_smile:

Yeah, which was/is intentional.
We couldn’t really integrate that stuff on this thread, it simply wasn’t cool or fair to Andy so we bowed out from here & pitched up in the lobby.

The two approaches share similar themes, templates & objectives, ours just has a couple more bells to ring if the mood takes you.

Glad you enjoy the show.

Ps: a lot of duck related stuff is in rotation early week, but one or two standout candidates are quacking in full voice today – nzd v/s cad, chf or the usd + nasdaq to name but a couple.
Keep paddling folks, the ducks always locate calmer waters eventually!

I need to add an NZD pair to my watch list, atm it’s just comprised of the same pairs Andy follows. I’m in a USDJPY trade that I’ve been in since Tuesday lol, need to find a time where I need to cut a trade off, because it’s been going nowhere but I’m still positive so I stuck around! Need to get back to reading 16 candles!

Don’t you think EUR USD must pullback a little on 1h to MA to consider going long? Now it is stretched…

Anyone going short Crude Oil on Monday?

Hi @Captain_Currency .

I found your 3 duck trading system and as it was similar to the system I had already put in place I’ve started using your tactics. I read your e-book and have watched a few of your videos on youtube too.

I’m just curious, do you use a set amount of pips per trade for stop-loss, take-profit? Or is it different for each trade? I was doing around 40-60 each trade but it seemed like a lot so I’ve narrowed down to between 10-15 pips each way.
I’ve been learning for about 3 months now and demo trading across 4 different brokers for over a month, testing out their platforms trying to decide which one I feel most comfortable with to drop some capital into.
Thanks.

1 Like

This system is so simple; it’s amazing. I’ve been using it on a demo account for a few days with very good results.

Captain currency, your ebook is excellent! Very concise and understandable; the graphics and your quotes are wonderful. Thank you for the time and effort you put into writing this.

1 Like

Pre-entry

Hey Peakyd, when I’m eyeballing a day trade type of set-up I’d probably aim to use between a 20-50 pip stop-loss and then maybe leave the profit-target open for 24 hours (no fixed target) or even plan to take half the potential profit off at X pips or at a 1hr / 4hr S/R level. #DifferentForEachTrade

Post-exit

can tell a different story of course, some trades just wont perform over a session or two (or three). These non-performing “Dead Duck” type of trades get scrapped / closed out before reaching their pre-planned (pre-entry) S/L or T/P levels. Some trades like this could get closed out for as little as -1 or +1 pips if you catch my drift …

On average

you can get a better answer (or maybe not), over the past 6 months my stats look like this:

Avg win: 30.46 pips
Avg loss: -38.16 pips
Win rate: 64.29%

Don’t quote me but I’d reckon the above stats would represent about an +11% gain on relatively low risk, maybe <1% per trade on avg.

Also, I wouldn’t be too worried about the outcome of having a neg RvR, some trades would have been closed out for greater than 2.1 RvR but when everything gets mixed into the boiling pot, RvR can get melted down … ahhhh help

Best wishes Peakyd!

Andy
Captain Currency-

3 Likes

I’m in your trade system!!
Captain!

1 Like

Hey all duck hunters, just keep at it. I’ve been creating my own rules based upon in part the captains ducks. Although I am not as successful as I think I should be, I am finding some consistent entries, and by following my money management rules I am becoming a better trader.

Hi,
This seems like a great system. I just started testing it in demo last month. Quick question - when the SMA line for the 5 minute chart passes for the first sign to buy/sell, do we wait for it clear a previous 5 minute high or low before entering the market or just enter asap?
I’m looking at AUD/USD right now (12:45pm MST) - all the signals line up however I’m not quite sure of the setup.
Thanks,
Nathan

Page 7 of the free 3 Ducks eBook should answer your question Nathan, there’s also a chart example on that page to help you visualize an entry.

Andy
Captain Currency

3 Ducks July 20th

Captain’s tip: Out of the 3 TF’s we use (4hr, 1hr, 5min) spend most of your time craftily investigating the 4 hour chart (1st Duck), see how this time-frame interchanges. Study how she journeys from up-trend to pullback to breakout, from up-trend to down-trend, from trend to no trend and so on.

Gbp.Usd (4 hr) our 1st Duck is currently trading at an interesting spot (1.2946) and here’s what I’m thinking … if the sma can do a good job at containing price we could then see price take another run north targeting the 1.3114 resistance area. All your Ducks would line-up (for a buy) at some point on that potential Bull run.

On the flip-side if the sma fails to hold price in, the previous 4 hour up-trend could become fairly 50/50, not great for trading. And just by observing the current 4 hour chart, I’d reckon for me to become bearish on this pair, price would need to close below the support area around 1.2823 (see chart above)

Let me know if this post helps!

Andy
Captain Currency

6 Likes

Andy,

Great example on how to trade the three ducks.
Thank you for sharing.

1 Like