E500 to 1 million trading LIVE

Hello dear pippers,

I started a new thread as strategy developer at PipShip Trading Systems.
Me, meself and I: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/menno-bakker/21/9b/639
Now trading seven years, normally managing a couple of million dollars, previously designed about 120 trading strategies, next year hopefully owner of a licensed investment firm, I’ll present you the following:

Start E500.
Goal: 1 million euro.

LIVE account. Real money.
I saw a few other dudes do this before, not sure they made it towards 1 million.

I will only trade setups I feel 100% comfortable with.
1% unsure -> no trading -> to remain at the sideline is also taking a position!
Win/loss ratio of 5:1 minus.
Trading a 30 minute timeframe.
40-700 pips each trade. Some trades taking only a few hours, some trades taking a few weeks.

I already made two trades today doubling the deposit already. (17 june 2014)

AUDUSD (Sell) TRADE 1:

EURJPY (Sell) TRADE 2:

(still running)

500- towards +/- 1000 euro ???

I already applied the TP of the trade running and entry/SL of the next trade.

EURJPY (Buy)TRADE 3:

towards? (Well I think this trade is able to do about 700 pips)

1000 euro towards +/- 5000 euro???

Some alternative trades: (AUDUSD sell 700 pips or CADCHF sell towards??? I dont know. USDJPY buy. EURUSD buy. USDCAD buy.) Have to think about maybe diversifying some of the EURJPY buy trade.
(this evening, before asia session)

i already experimented somewhat. This time I will take it more seriously. Using this forum as my tradebook.

Maybe I will also use some help of my robot PipShip. We will see.

… to be continued. :wink:

*** important: Should you decide to copy any of the trades below, it is your decision. Trading spot currencies involves substantial risk and there is always the potential for loss. I’m not liable for any damage which may arise as a result.

EURJPY (Buy) TRADE 3:

First TP is 139.95

Hey theere pipiship!!:slight_smile:
welcome back…you alive and trading :wink: good for you. Are you still trading on zulutade? Did you stop or simply stop writing here?

i’d love to make such a post…
i’m patient though, it will come.

gl

He eddy!

Good to see you back. I had to finish university. So thats why I stopped writing here a couple of months ago. I also programmed and backtested a new strategy. (first to use it only personally because the frequenty of trades is somewhat low) This week I found a way to double the amount of entries. I think the strategy now also is usable for other (not patient and greedy) retail traders.

Still some trades are active right now at the account (trading manually) at zulutrade. ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - PipShip4X When these trades are closed, the robot will start trading at 2500 pips. I think, after first 3 manual trades (above) to speed up the deposit, I’m able to do the rest of the money by using the robot.

Thread about the design of previous robots till the newest automated trading robot:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/55673-2-year-backtest-eurusd-300-pips-month.html#post508346

Some background info about the business and the use of the new robot. Maybe I’m able to make more money by trading manually, but I prefer to climp steady when playing big. Therefore I will also use the robot after scaling up the deposit by first making a few manual trades.

[B]Details of the robot and moneymanagement:[/B]

Start new strategy: july 2014
Protection needs to be -300 pips (-6%)
+300/ month. Scale up the amount of lots in two months: 0.3 minilots/$1000, 0.6 then 0.9.
Then return will be +/- 20% each month.

[B]Well… I do trust me own robot and already made some good profits, so I will start with trading 1.0 minilots/E1000 or 0.8 minilots/$1000. Maybe after a while, some cheating by using 2.0 minilots/E1000 (40% month)[/B]

Strategy will be unchanged.
Saxobank is only willing to participate with licensed trading company when 1 year of data is present. Of course clear strategy changes are not allowed. Also a minimum of 1 million managed deposit is required.

Next year PipShip will also be supervisioned by AFM (authority of financial markets, the Netherlands)
Supervision based on wft rules. Such as the rules for informing consumers (transparency) and the financial enterprises’ duty of care. Institutions and persons who work with these financial products must be experts in their field, trustworthy, and honest. They also have a duty of care, which means that they must act in the interests of their clients. They must therefore provide all the information to the client that is necessary to enable the client to make a good choice. The information must be accurate, clear, understandable and not misleading. PipShip will be checked for professional expertise, trustworthiness of management, etc. Also a leverage deposit of a minimum of E50.000 is needed to garantee the equity of retail traders. (E4000 costs to become licensed, E800/year/each employee is costs of supervision)
[B]
I need some money to scale up the firm towards a licensed investment firm.
Hopefully this project will help. ;)[/B]

Good for you! Keep on doing the good job. I hope you manage to make tons of good pips.
As for the financing, you cant find funds/ or followers for that matter with simple backtesting or couple of months performance - take time and people will follow.

Any other trading advice? I like that you also put a disclaimer under it…very professional indeed.
How is the week closing on you?

Eddy, would you feel comfortable following him again considering what happened before?

[I]‘what happened before’… [/I]i’m getting a bit tired of people considering the previous robots and accounts of PipShip as a disaster or something like that. Loss has never exceded the profit of the previous two months. I’m signaling for three years now, trading for almost seven. Trading always involves risk. Even if I’m blowing up the account by a loss of > -300 pips it should not be a problem. I’m telling everyone to use a stoploss of -300 pips = 6%. In two months you are able to scale up your lotsamount towards the final amount of lots (three times higher = 20% a month. By trading with a -300/300 ratio you are able to win 20% and indeed maybe a fallback of the account of 6%/20% once a couple of years.

People still angry and pointing back at a loss of two months are just greedy and made a mistake in their moneymanagement themselves. (even when I’m telling it all the time and money management rules are preventing people to do this at the website since 2012 = start company) I know a lot of people are unable to trade with a long term perspective. (Including myself sometimes) The best way is letting control the moneymanagment by a professional (firm).
Thats why I also want to manage the money management of investors using the licensed PipShip ELITE investment firm as soon as possible. By having a license, I’m able to protect people from greedyness by managing the money invested in PipShip ELITE by a protocol (-3% risk to -9% max risk? Different risk approaches can be chosen). Now people really (I mean honestly!) need to follow good money management. Then you are able to earn 20% with max risk of 6%.

I went long in EURJPY. I will hold this position for the next couple of weeks. I also tried to use some other currencies short term, but unfortunately I lost some of the profit earned by the first trade. LIVE account: ZuluTrade - Performance

I will stay long till 143.3
Then I will close the trade at E 1.500 (start E500)
(then I will be very lucky!) I think I’m not able to do this over and over again.
I will use this amount of money for the robot.
(start next week!)

The robot won’t trade as frequently as I’m trading manually at the moment in the PipShip account.
But the drawdown of the account will be far better controlled.
The profit will stay the same.
Thereby, the robot is better able to trade than myself.
That’s why I’m starting the robot right now. Another advantage of automated trading is a huge saving in time for myself (I do not have to check all currencies four times a day) Another advantage is the standardisation, thereby a better prediction for performance in the future.

The picture underneath illustrates the prospect of half a year.
In about a month checking the robot yourself at PipShip you will understand the capability of the trading system.

Three different risk approaches:

(all using a max DD of -300 pips!!! by using zuluguard capital protection)

Risk approach: Max risk:

MIN RISK --------- Max. 3% equity down
NORMAL RISK ---- Max. 6% equity down
MAX RISK --------- Max. 9% equity down

Then profit curves (and one possible blow up of the account) look like this:

using -3% max loss

using -6% max loss

using -9% max loss

When using a -6% max loss approach and start E 1500,–
How much time do I need to earn 1 million euro? (hypothetical)

(and two times blow up of pipship account)

START: E 1500,–
FIRST MONTH CRASH OF ROBOT hallelujah!!! (loss = -6%) = E 1410,–
2nd month: E 1500,-- (+6%)
3rd month: E 1680,-- (+12%)
4th month - 12th month: 1680 * 1.2^8 = E 7224,-- (8 months of +20%)

Next year: 7224 * 1.2 ^ 12 = E 64407,-- (12 months of 20% ow yeah!!!)

Third year:

OW MY GOD!! CRASH AGAIN!!! hallelujah!!! (loss = -20%) = 64407 - 0.2 * 64407 = E 51525,-- left in account after hit capital protection zuluguard. DAMN ******* PipShip robot.
Scale up again the amount of lots (to make sure max loss is only 6% because I feel unsure about the robot again)

2nd month: E 54617,-- (+6%)
3rd month: E 61171,-- (+12%)
4th month - 12th month: 61171 * 1.2^8 = E 263.025,-- (8 months of +20%)

Fourth year:

First quarter : E 454.508,–
Second quarter : E 785.390,–
Third quarter : E 1.357.154,-- (holy ****)

Remember: ****** up moneymanagement = ****** up profits (or loss!) = ****** up probability to earn 1 million out of E 500.

(see picture underneath)

You can also see it like this:

I do not see an entry signal on the daily, weekly or monthly chart? What triggered your signal?
I do see some trend up on the daily charts, but that looks more like a retracement on the weekly downtrend.
The monthly again is bullish on the long run, but looks likes it is ranging between 137 and 144.

The trade of EURJPY is a manual trade. Based on USDJPY flat (and possible growing stronger). I believe EURUSD to turn upwards after hitting 1.3485. Also main trend of EURJPY is long. (week, month) Therefore I think EURJPY is a perfect ride upwards upcoming weeks after a decline in price.

I don’t believe EURJPY to be ranging at the moment. And if so, we entering the market at the bottom of the ‘ranging channel’. Week trend is long. Both EURUSD and USDJPY are turning upwards. Maybe only one of both currencies is going up. Then the loss potential is still small.

Do not mess up both signals. I think this is a perfect entry to do a trade of multiple weeks.
The robot only makes trades of about a day. (goal 20-30 pips instead of 500 pips)
I will start the robot in about a weak when all current open trades are closed at the zulu account.

EURUSD, this week short. End of the week possible turning point when hitting 1.3485
USDJPY, long this week. End of week possible turning to flat again when EURUSD is going upwards.
GBPUSD, not much space left to proceed the upwards momentum.
Therefore possibility of EURGBP to go up.
AUDUSD and NZDUSD are both pointing down for this week. Possible going flat/back up when EURUSD is going up. (outbreak of EURNZD up?, maybe also EURAUD?)
USDCAD don’t know what the hell this currensee is doing. (also CADCHF)
AUDNZD. Going up by NZDUSD going down faster than AUDUSD.
EURJPY going up slowly, maybe outbreak above 140 after turning EURUSD upwards.
GBPJPY. Dont know.

By EURUSD going short the following days I paused the EURJPY trade.
Later on this week I think USDJPY is able to go further upwards, in the end also EURUSD after hitting 1.3485. I think in about a week, this is a good oppertunity to make a new entry into EURJPY long.

Then for now I’m making a few 1/2 day trades short in NZDUSD, EURJPY, EURUSD etc. (AUDUSD’SL was set to short of the price grrrrr)

After finishing those trades. I’m able to do a re-entry into EURJPY (longterm approach with equity own account) and start the robot of pipship account (scaling up the amount of lots)

Okei, it seems nice in writing but lets see these strategies into results :wink: keeping a close eye on you :slight_smile:

ROBOT STARTED TRADING

A new account has been made for the robot trading with max 1 trade open (-200/200):

ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - PipShipRobot

First trade is test.

In the old account the same strategy will be started next week trading with max 3 trades open (-300/300):

original account : PipShip

How is the REAL LIVE account going?

At this time EURUSD, USDJPY, also NZDUSD is at it’s turning point.

Unfortunately, I’m having large DD’s (went to E 330). -20% lost because of false trades.
Everytime I’m riding another drawdown I see the robot making a successful trade.
So I think the robot is absolutely stronger than trading manually myself.

Manual trading is (previous weeks):

-too much risk (difficult to do good money management)
-too much time screen watching,
-too much stress (not because of E 500, but because everybody is following me and money of other people)
-not knowing this manual strategy will work…
-And worst of all: loss of money!

Next week: ROBOT :slight_smile:

When AUDNZD, USDJPY positions are closed, I will trade with the robot max 1 trade open.

Interesting move - so how much money did you make in case you still have the position open?

As promised, I stopped trading manually this month. USDJPY went up and hitted the target (high of 102.28), NZDUSD positions would still be open. I see the robot is doing a better job. Therefore I desided to close all trades. Unfortunately four postions of AUDNZD caused a loss of -400 so I wasn’t able to stop the manual trading at a new high.

A new account has been made (homepage pipship) Also the old account is now traded by the same robot, but the old zulutrade account now has trading parameters for trading with max 10 trades open instead of only 1 trade open.
Therefore I also started a new account 100% traded by the new robot, so we are able to compare the manual and robot trading.

Instead of the link in the previous message, the link of the new account is PipShip
After trading for two months we are able to see an early performance figure I think.

Original account: ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - PipShip4X

New account: ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - PipShipFX

BTW, I lost half of the money trading manually (still E 250 left). Trading automated I think we have a far better probability to win 1 million euro in about 4-5 years.