5m TF Price Action Strategy

Hi Ninja,

Did you take this trade on GBPUSD for Short

Hey RT,

I was out unfortunately, I was trading EU/UJ until 5pm my local time.

On this trade, if you study the “Opening Range” in the first few posts, you’ll see this one was a perfect test of the Opening Range. However at the time, the trade found support at a key S&R and the Asian Low, produced a bit of stopping volume etc.

So while it looks great, no I don’t think I’d have take this trade (there are a couple of nicer entries on USDJPY at the same time). the location of that Support Line is a similar situation to the other day, you’d be selling directly into support/buyers (which worked in this case, but is a lower probability).

P.S. If you chop off most of the Asian Session from your image then it will show up in the forum a bit bigger. Also, great work on reading the volume here.

Hey RodToe,

Here’s an example on GBP where S&R isn’t in the way.

Thks Ninja…

which broker do u use… i checked your volume bar and mine it is different. I am with Admiral market…

We had a bit of a chat about volume in a previous post here which is worth reading. I use XM.

There were quite a few nice setups today. I don’t strictly use NSND candles, but I look out for candles with lower volatility and higher volume at S/R levels, which signals that profit-taking and opposing orders are flowing in. This was a good entry during the retracement of a breakout on the AUDUSD.

Another setup today, on the USDJPY 5M chart. Hope you don’t mind me posting these charts, ninja. :slight_smile: Since this isn’t 100% the same as your methodology, I can stop if you find think it’s cluttering up the thread.

Hey Kevin,

For me this afternoon most pairs are between a rock & a hard place, I was watching the Aussie but it kept pulling back to the previous day’s low, which i’m always suspect about going short from. (something I need to change I think).

Interesting to note just after your marked entry, a ND shows up & price doesn’t have any complaints after this level.

Are those notes on your chart manually input at the start of each session?

Post away mate, please! It’s the same concepts really. I’m going to put my hand up and admit on this trade I took the first PB earlier, after 7 odd minutes noticed I’d missed a zero on my position size (ie: my risk was x10), had a think… thought it best to close the trade. Trade went onto about 4R :frowning:

Quite a **** outcome for doing the right thing! :stuck_out_tongue:

Please mate, do post anything you like eh. Do you trade full-time? I think I might have asked before. keen to know what sessions/pairs you focus on.

Yeah, I added them onto my chart as ‘labels’. It reminds me what kind of price movement to expect for each period.

I’m trying to trade as much as possible. I work five days a week, but the hours vary. I usually start work in the arvo and finish towards midnight here so I usually have the morning free to trade the Asian session. Other days, I might start early and finish just after lunch to trade the European + US sessions.

Ouch! We’ve all been there. :stuck_out_tongue:

ha, don’t even want to look at where UJ is now, I’d be putting the deposit on the yacht!

Hi guys.

Here is a nice set up on GBPAUD during the Asian session with price breaking out of the opening range and pulling back to the 14 ema with low volume. A clear path to the bottom of the range and prevous day high potential levels of resistance. A pity I missed it :slight_smile:

Daxter

G’day Guys,

This method is still alive and well and last night the market started moving a bit more ‘predictably’. I’ve spent a bit of time this last week looking at a 1hr chart, trying to give price a bit of context. I’ll report back any findings.

Cheers,

JN

Still with you, just been a bit busy this week and cut my pairs down to just 2.

Daxter

thank u for sharing this good method. I’ve made good pips on demo account by this method.

You’re welcome jack3, I think now that a few of the major pairs have broken their dam walls, there should be some nice trending entries.

Feel free to post any charts here or ask any questions.

AUDUSD nice long trend.

Morning Guys & Girls,

This past two weeks, I’ve been looking at volume (stopping volume primarily) on the 1 hour chart. It helped clear up the definitions of range bound activity, and really identify where the buyers and sellers were positioned.

Ultimately, it helped me have a strong bias when drilling down to the 5 minute chart. I’m going to continue to trade like this. This forum is still exactly what I use on the 5m chart to take my entries etc, but now I’m not leaning on the EMA’s or the simplicity of an opening range break to be long or short, for this I’m taking my clues from the 1 hour timeframe.

Not to leave anyone high and dry here, I highly recommend watching the videos over here YouTube (anything over 10 minutes are the more educational ones).

I’ll still post the odd 5 minute entry here and am more than happy to answer any questions about setups & entries etc.