73% win system

Hello all I’m new. Nice site.
I just back tested this system manually using the metatrader 4 app for the iPhone.
Chart setup: 4hr chart. 200,13,5 period moving averages.
Rules: buy when 5 ma crosses 13 ma above 200 ma. Set 40 pip stop loss and 30 pip take profit limit order. DONT TOUCH IT!!!
Results: 73% winners.
I manually back tested this over 100 trades on several randomly selected currency pairs. ENJOY!

Will give it a try it looks simple enough thanks.

No prob. Just remember if it’s this system or some other one, stick to your rules and you will succeed :wink:

looks simple and straightforward, thanks!

Some one can make an ea to test this strategy ?

Hi Gozinsky,
thanks for your strategy. I always admire (and envy) anyone who is confident enough to have traded a strategy and recommend it to fellow traders. Permit me a few questions.

1. Have you actually started to trade live or demo, this strategy?
  2. Are the MAs simple or exponential?
  3. For the buy entry, should the 5 ma cross the 13 ma from above or below?
    4.what are your suggestions for selling or going short? the reverse? does that therefore mean that you sell when the 5 ma crosses the 13 ma (from above or below) and is BELOW the 200 ma?

This additional info will illuminate more your recommended strategy.

Looking forward to your answers.

Thanks.

David

Hi. I haven’t traded this. I was backtesting some strategies to come up with a backup against my current strategy. I like to come up with simple strategies as I feel discipline is the main quality needed to trade successfully and complicated methods are not needed. I used simple MAs. The 5 crosses above the 13 for a bullish signal. I didn’t test a short strategy so I can’t comment on that. Hope this helps. Thanks :smile:

Gozinsky,
Thanks for the response. Discipline is indeed a good quality to have in the world of forex trading.

David