Ger30 5 min- mechanic system

What’s up folks,

If you like mechanical systems keep reading;

Je suis Scrot, i’m doing forex since 2 years ago for like 24/7.
In the latest months i’ve seen every system getting ****ed up, even if 3 or 4 years ago worked very well.
Now i’m only looking for mechanical system, and i’ve just developed this one.
It’s simple, needs only 5 min par day, and it’s free.

Here are the rules:

Currency: GER30,
TimeFrame: H1

When put orders?

-Wait the 7 am GMT candle closes
-Then take the high and the low between 6 and 7 GMT,

Now we put 2 pending orders:

-Buy stop at high, stoploss in the low, takeprofit (high-low)2+ spread2(four pips in my case)
-Sell stop at low, stoploss in the high, takeprofit (high-low)2+ spread2(four pips in my case)

The orders must stay there till the next day before you put the new orders.
If one get’s triggered, the other must stay.

Once they are opened you should never touch them, they have to close automatically.

Most of you are gonna ask these questions:

This system works on other pairs? - No i’m sorry, Ger30 is the only one with this daily average and directionaly move, i’ve tried in uk100 but is not the same.

Why this timing? - Because at 8:00 GMT opens the London Market, and the big move begins.

Puting the orders should i leave some pips of breathing between the high/low and the order? - If you want you can, but just notice that is not how i’ve tested, in my tests every time that breaks the high/low it goes too many pips even if is a false breakout.

Why both order needs to stay even if one gets triggered? - Because i’ve tested with OCO(one cancel others) but it works a little less.

Why am i called Scrot? - i don’t know, sometime i wish i could live in my scroto. :smiley:

How much is Risk/reward? - As you can see the R/r is exactly 1/2, and i personlly use 5% of risk each order, but you should value with your forex plans.

What about the daily gap? - By backtesting i saw it’s rare that orders gets closed by gaps, and even if this happens with stop loss, can happen with take profits too.

Don’t ask about what time is GMT in your country, there are plenty of web sites that can tell you.

Down here there is the attachment of my 8 months backtest.

Notice that backtesting is not perfect at 100%, the results can be different with different brokers, and there may be some mistakes, but i’ve done it more accurate that i could, in other pairs simply didn’t worked since the begining.

Now i’ve just started testing in demo, and at the end of this month i will post results.

If you have any ideas, please share.

Enjoy.

Your results screenshots miss a final analysis. So something like test date range, Total number of wins, Total number of Losses, % account increase/decrease, Max losses in a row, Max wins in a row etc.

That said though i like the DAX too. I dont think there is anything like it for its range, intraday volatility and low spread. I do it via spreadbet and get 1 point spread.

finally got you
it is you doing voodoo to dax!

lol

seriously now, thank you for sharing.

Hi Mata,

i know the backtest is not complete, but it tooks too much time to make it,
if you want i can give you te excell sheet and you can calculate that stuff.

hey guys, i’ve tested 3 more months but not good, this strategy can work pretty good with some kind of filter, if you find one way, share.

Hello,

I have been looking at strategies for the GER30 and found your thread. What do you do if a Buy or Sell has been triggered but TP has not been reached by the next day? Do you:

1. Manually stop old order and put on new order for next day?
  2. Let the previous order run and not put on new order for next day?
  3. Let the previous order run and put on new order for next day?

If I have done this correctly over the last 3 weeks I have 76 pips