The Cowabunga System - Page 3
Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1428
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3
    Hi ppl,

    Another question for BP. Which major US and UK (if any) announcements do you exit your open trade ? If you can kindly provide us with a list that'll be great.

    Keep up the good work.

    Pacifier

  2. #22
    BigPippin's Avatar
    BigPippin is offline The ***iest member of the FX-Men Superior Master Contributor and Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by ybop01 View Post
    BP, can you tell us more about your discretionary exits? For example what constitutes a "Clean break"?

    A clean break is when the price just doesn't touch a level, but rather, it breaks through it. It also is a clean break if the price can close higher/lower than your target. See today's post for an example.

  3. #23
    BigPippin's Avatar
    BigPippin is offline The ***iest member of the FX-Men Superior Master Contributor and Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifier View Post
    Hi ppl,

    Another question for BP. Which major US and UK (if any) announcements do you exit your open trade ? If you can kindly provide us with a list that'll be great.

    Keep up the good work.

    Pacifier
    NFP is one and interest rate decisions is another. There aren't too many announcements that I'll exit before, but those 2 are big market movers so I tend to avoid those. It's all in context too. If I see that a certain report has been getting alot of buildup then I may stay out at those times as well.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPippin View Post
    A clean break is when the price just doesn't touch a level, but rather, it breaks through it. It also is a clean break if the price can close higher/lower than your target. See today's post for an example.
    So if I understand you correctly, you don't set a take profit when you open a trade but rather you watch the trade as it progresses and if a bar closes passed your goal, you then move the stoploss to the take profit level and continue monitoring the trade. Does this sound right?

  5. #25
    B.P. what is your trading schedule like, what time do you start and end your trading, what other things do you do when your trading, for example do you stare at your computer all day and wait for your signals or you read varies forex reports, ect. and where are you trading from the u.s. or europe.

  6. #26
    BigPippin's Avatar
    BigPippin is offline The ***iest member of the FX-Men Superior Master Contributor and Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by ybop01 View Post
    So if I understand you correctly, you don't set a take profit when you open a trade but rather you watch the trade as it progresses and if a bar closes passed your goal, you then move the stoploss to the take profit level and continue monitoring the trade. Does this sound right?
    Thats correct. I watch it when the price gets near my target to see what the price action looks like. If theres a clean break I hold. If not, I close

  7. #27
    BigPippin's Avatar
    BigPippin is offline The ***iest member of the FX-Men Superior Master Contributor and Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by pipinator View Post
    B.P. what is your trading schedule like, what time do you start and end your trading, what other things do you do when your trading, for example do you stare at your computer all day and wait for your signals or you read varies forex reports, ect. and where are you trading from the u.s. or europe.

    Hi pipinator,

    You might want to take a peek at the Cowabunga FAQ.

    Your question and perhaps any other questions you may have are probably answered in there

    Happy trading!

  8. #28
    BigPippin, last night a signal formed but you said because of the news candle you didn't take it but I also read somewhere you saying that you will take a signal after a news candle. When exactly do you mean you will take a trade after a news candle? After the candle finishes and crosses or if the second candle crosses? Last night seemed like an incident where a signal formed after the news candle was finished. I'm a bit confused by this. Your clarification would be appreciated

  9. #29
    BigPippin's Avatar
    BigPippin is offline The ***iest member of the FX-Men Superior Master Contributor and Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by pvctrades View Post
    BigPippin, last night a signal formed but you said because of the news candle you didn't take it but I also read somewhere you saying that you will take a signal after a news candle. When exactly do you mean you will take a trade after a news candle? After the candle finishes and crosses or if the second candle crosses? Last night seemed like an incident where a signal formed after the news candle was finished. I'm a bit confused by this. Your clarification would be appreciated
    For example: TIC data comes out at 9:00 am ET. Therefore we wouldn't trade the 9:00 am ET candle. However if the 9:00 am ET candle didn't form a signal but the 9:15 am ET candle did, then we could enter the trade.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPippin View Post
    For example: TIC data comes out at 9:00 am ET. Therefore we wouldn't trade the 9:00 am ET candle. However if the 9:00 am ET candle didn't form a signal but the 9:15 am ET candle did, then we could enter the trade.
    oh ok, thanks for clarifying BigPippin

    By the way, with XTICK, how far back of data can you see with the 15 min chart? On my metatrader platform with my broker, I can only go back as far as June 2006. Does XTICK allow you to view 15minute charts beyond that point? Also, is it easy to set up email alerts with them? I have been doing tons of manual tests to optimize my exit strategy and seemed to have found something stable but I need to go back beyond June to get more data. Thanks BigPippin

Forum Sponsors

Similar Threads

  1. The Cowabunga System on a 4hr chart?
    By Captain PiP in forum Free Forex Trading Systems
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 01:17 PM
  2. What is the Cowabunga system
    By OLd Man in forum Free Forex Trading Systems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 04:25 AM
  3. Metatrader and the Cowabunga System
    By jezzy in forum Beginner Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 05:18 AM
  4. probably a dumb question about the cowabunga system
    By bluesinsoul in forum Beginner Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 04:26 PM
  5. Mini account and The Cowabunga System
    By Saker in forum Beginner Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 10:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
"A good plan implemented today is better than a perfect plan implemented tomorrow."
George S. Patton