The Cowabunga System

Hi, one more question pls.

In the Cowabunga system it says somewhere 5 EMA, and 10 EMA applied
to the close. I am green, so maybe dumb question, but does that mean the option EMA OHLC??

thanks for help.

u can check bigpippin result track here

http://www.babypips.com/blogs/pip-my-system/cowabunga_trade_record.html

and for the ema apply to CLOSE

When I review the Cowabunga System daily update, the MACD on my 15 minute chart has nowhere near the same look as the MACD on the daily update 15 minute chart. The original MACD settings were 12,26,9. Have the original settings changed? I’m using MT4 as my charting software.

jarbuckle…bigpippin using xtick chart.

most different platform give different output, they dont look actual same. the setting remain the same.

Thanks, I realize there will be subtle differences bewteen platforms, but the differences are substantial. Looking at the 5/7/07 Cowabunga Daily update 15 min chart, the signal line does not represent a time period of 9, does it?

While the 15 minute chart on the Update is negative and fairly active, the MACD on my 15 minute chart is on the positive side and quite a bit less active. Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Dirk20,

Is there anything else you can tell us about the SMTP settings? I following your previous directions to find the sever but didn’t have email accounts.

I did if this in another area under servers: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp

Can I use this or vtext with verizon?

Thank you,

Fx Diva

thanx for the info

hello

my question is, in the atteched 4 hour chart the main trend is down but RSI and STOCH is in way oversold territory.in this case,is still ok to open a short position on the 15 min chart if the indicators are all lined up?appreciate any feedbacks!thanks

Thanks noobfx.

Appreciate the info!

My current charting software doesnt allow me to use 4hr charts but I really like the software. To determine the long-term trend would it be ok for me to use the 60m or 1day charts?

Hi traders out there,

After the big pips yesterday I continued my pips hunting with Cowabunga today on Long position as the 4 hr chart remain up.

I took my first trade at 13:23GMT @ 1.9869 and risking loss at 1.9838 from the most recent swing low. It�s 30 pips away so I set my risk as my target of 1.9898. Unfortunately after 15:30GMT the highest pip gain was only 1.9887 at the close of the candle. But I continue opening my trade, and forget about the next news coming up at 16:00GMT on US Home Sales.

I only realize about the news at 16:26GMT and price continue going down all the way to 1.9837 passing my stop loss at 1.9838. Eventually as a result I loss over 30 pip on today�s trade, where in fact I could gain pip of more than 20. It�s a silly mistake and I don�t write down the next news data. Lesson learned the hard way.
:eek:

Ybop01: your indicator works fine but it does not show me the arrows for the entrys, it only works for the 4 h trend . can you help me please? sure I m wrong with sthg.
thank you in advance.

Today (05/26/07) I have set the indicator on another platform and saw it worked properly, maybe it is a matter of time server because that s the only difference I can see. anyway thank you.

Hi guys, i am unable to open the cowabonga system. Can anyone send it to me at:[email protected]. If there is other system that you guys are using, i will be happy to look at them, so please feel free to send al strategy that you may have. I wish all good luck in trading the FOREX market. I am new to this, so i am trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks to all the traders out there.
Gary

How to set the email alert using the cowabunga indicator?I failed the ‘test’ email options in MT4.:o

Hi,

I am still fairly new to Forex and just found the Cowabungabunga system. I like it because of it’s simple structure, however, I didn’t get many trading opportunities in the last few days. Is anybody trading the system on EURUSD? Do you think it works? I am going to backtest today and will post the results later. I’ve noticed that the win/loss ratio is about 1:1 but that the winning trades make it profitable. Well, let’s see in next days.

Cheers,
Chris

Does anyone have an EA for the cowabunga system? I do not know anything about creating them, otherwise I would do it. Please let me know if anyone has one.

Thanks!

Hey BP,

Great work with keeping us all up to date with the trades you enter using this system! I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate it :smiley:

Now the question:

I wonder if you’d be so kinda as to show the screenshot of the state of the charts the moment you enter the trade? I’m not sure about other people but I know when my EMAs [B]look like[/B] they’ve crossed and the stochs., RSI and MACD all look good, I would get in on that candle however it seems sometimes the EMAs uncross and continue in a direction opposite my trade and so I get stopped out. I figure seeing what the charts look like the moment you enter your trade might be beneficial for a lot of us!:slight_smile:

thanks for such a great method.
I would like to ask some questions,

1. do we need to wait for the ema cross in H4 chart before we can trade in the 15min chart?
    which means we only trade during that 4 hour crossover duration?

if no, i got this 2nd question.
2. since the ema cross doesn�t happen everyday in H4, so
how do we determine the current trend in H4? Is it if the 5ema is above 10ema , it is considered uptrend? How about
if 5ema is above 10ema but the slope is coming down, negatif?

Dear BP

I would like to know how do you calculate R-multiple of your system.
In my opinion the total R-multiple of your system is about 0,44
It means you earn 44 cents on each risked dollar
I calculated it by: (4940-5519)/(108*19).

Please let me know if am I right.

If not then what means the number: 51,02?

Thank you for your reply.

Could someone please explain to me exactly what the Cowabunga system is and how it works?